Monday, September 30, 2013

Another Daramtic Run & Weekly Goals

One long run to go before my second half marathon, and I am getting pumped up for race day! I had my 11 mile run this past Saturday, and I can feel my long run endurance coming back up. It's still warm and humid out, which is not fun but I can feel myself getting stronger. Additionally, I've now lost all of my summer weight gain, and the lighter I am the fast I move. Fact. My nutrition has been excellent as well, and all of these factors contribute to a faster run time! My watch is giving me issues as it's not holding a charge, hence the use of my ap, Nike Running. I hate to admit it, but I pace myself better with this $1.99 ap than I do with a $200 fancy watch, cause that's how life works.



I'm really looking forward to cooler weather, as I'd like to sleep in until 6am on a Saturday. Running in the dark just isn't that fun. It can be kinda scary, and you run the risk of running into wild life, like I did this past Saturday. Stand off with a skunk of 5:45am is always fun. Turns out skunks are pretty brave little creatures. Thank goodness I did not spook this skunk, a tomato sauce bath is not the way I like to start my day. I had to stop and take a picture (got to have evidence to support my crazy ass stories), which actually turned out to be a video, but my freezer phone is slow as molasses so you get this screen shot. I'd share the video but I start cursing and that's always lady like.Hi Mom! There was also a naked man out causing trouble in one of the neighborhoods on my route. I couldn't script these dramatic runs better if I tried. Just one uneventful morning run, that's all I'm asking for. Oh and cooler weather and lower humidity you are asking for that too. Damn she's needy!
Oh look, a wittle kitty cat!

Weekly Goals:

Monday:
Cross Training
Strength

Tuesday:
10 X 400 5k Pace
Strength (PM)

Wednesday:
5 Mile Run (AM)
Strength (PM)

Thursday:
3 Mile Run
Strength

Friday:
3 Mile Run
Strength

Saturday:
12 Mile Run

Sunday:
Rest


Email me

Daily Motivator


9 comments:

  1. Atleast the skunk didn't spray you! I was running at 5:15 two weeks ago with my running group and a deer was standing on the side of the road and when we got close to him he took off in the bushes. It scared the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dramatic runs are just way more fun than boring 'ole runs-- it's the only time in my life I'm okay with a little drama just to spice things up! (Once I was running and I saw a man standing in the sidewalk and I KNOW he saw me coming. I picked the side I was going to run on and as I was just about to pass him he deliberately stepped into my path so we knocked shoulders. And then he yelled BIIIIITCH! as I ran away trying to process what the heck just happened. SIGH, city life).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting back to your ideal weight! I have the Nike run app too, but mine was free. Is there an upgraded version of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss and good run!!! I am going to be hobbling over the finish for this race, been sick and not running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh....I hate running into animals while running. You never know where there going to run to. Ahhh. great job with your run rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I wanna follow you on nike+. Whats your name on there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an inspiration! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'wittle kitty cat'... haha, you crack me up. I've been scaring the crap (literally) out of a flock of geese in the park EVERY DAY last week. I even saw them all landing right in the middle of my path one day. This week they are ignoring me, but I'd like to think they keep coming back to share some moral support. Thanks geese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. naked men on your runs? I wanna run with you!!! haha happy October my beautiful blogger friend XOXO
    Elisha Run Run Run

    ReplyDelete