Friday, August 16, 2013

Why my Friday is on the Up & Up! TGIF!

Good morning! After yesterday's post, I love ya'll all just a litte bit more today ( I seriously didn't think that was even possible!) Huge, big, mega, thank you to everyone who reached out to me in regards to my post about my lady issues coping with Amenorrhea and Provera side affects. I was floored by how many of us are dealing with the very same issues, but this type of subject matter is often considered taboo. Why? It makes people uncomfortable. Even though we all have the same parts. (ssssooo deep!) I don't think anyone should ashamed to discuss issues affecting their day to day lives, especially when those issues are out of our control. Letting my little "secret" out of the bag was therapeutic (always is).Thank you all for overwhelmingly positive feedback!

Saturday morning marks half training round two, week four long run. During my first round of half training, I ran 7 miles in 1:15.46. My goal throughout half training round two is to beat all my original long run training times. This should put me on pace to complete my new half time goal under 2:05:00. The dew point is supposed to below 70 Saturday morning, so this pace goal shouldn't be a problem. The humidity has started coming down this week, which makes the runner in me ecstatic!!! The dreadmill is getting more boring by the day, I'm feeling very anxious to hit the streets! This week alone I've logged 13.25 treadmill miles. Feels like 50. I need the change in scenery and most importantly, to practice pacing myself again! I'm a terrible pacer. I run with my music. When I feel great I speed up, and slow down, and speed up, and slow down, dancin in the streets! My next half is 8 weeks out from Saturday, and I know my endurance level is no where near what it needs to be to complete this new time goal. Pacing takes practice. The southern Louisiana summer has left me way outta practice!

In other news, my no weigh in for August goal is speeding along right on track. I feel really great today, and I can guesstimate about where I'm at. I did have to weigh in at the doctor's office a week and half ago so I know about where I fall. I'll weigh in September 1st. I think this will be my pattern from here on out, weigh in once a month. I feel liberating, a number on the scale is not determining my mood. I freaking love it!

It's going to be an awesome Friday! Here's why:

1. I hit the gym at 5am and found out about a new Beast Mode challenge their hosting. Bring it on! I'll do my Beast Mode fit test Monday!

I WILL get on the Leader board. Challenge accepted!
2. After my work out, I refueled with Overnight Oats in a near empty Peanut Butter Jar

Will Run for More Peanut Butter

3. The Saints play tonight and I"m dressed head to toe in Black & Gold WHO DAT!?

Pre-Season Counts in my book!
4. I'm getting together with this crazy krewe Saturday night- Meet me at da club, it's goin downnnnnn

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock, Susannah, & Madeline = My sisters from another mister

Here we all are pretending to be little ladies
Wishing each and every one of you an out of the park, over the fence kinda weekend :)

Email me

Daily Motivator


3 comments:

  1. I love that you referred to your friend as "Princess Consuela Banana Hammock"!!! Hilarious! Have a great weekend!

    ~Devon
    laduit2it.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend and a great run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get to comment yesterday but you are very brave my friend! I had been worried about you for a while and what you were going through {not in a nosey way I promise}!!!! You are just so cute! I plan on a longer run tomorrow, too... well for at least the first couple of miles and then more like a wog towards the end haha! HAPPY WEEKEND FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete