Friday, August 30, 2013

Why I Yo Yo - Not to be confused with Yolo

Bad blogger award goes to....C'est moi. Sorry for my lack of post yesterday ya'll. It was one of those rare days where I had nothing to really say, and I was swamped in real life. I feel like I'm in a blogging rut, tut, tut, tut. Maybe it's just this time of year, or maybe I'm getting tired of talking about weight loss, running, and fitness- muahahahah just kidding!  

These last three weeks, I've really focused on getting my diet train back on track from the summer that just wouldn't let up. Food has and will always be the biggest piece of the puzzle for me. That said, half training and eating actively for weight loss has left me feeling fantastic. I did not tank out last weekend, and I will not tank out this weekend! August challenge is up Sunday, and it's time to face the scale. Based solely on how my cloths fit, and the way I feel. I'd guess I'm within one pound give or take from my weight at the wrap of Operation Red Bikini.  Not weighing in has been interesting. I'm not ready to say I'm breaking up with the scale, and I'm not ready to say, I'm only weighing in once a month. However, I may bring it down to every two weeks. I'm looking forward to beginning a new challenge with Jillian Sunday, September 1st! RIPPED in 30. I'll complete the DVD everyday for 30 days, before and after pics to follow. Throw down that challenge Jillian cause this girl will pick it up (Pick it up Mississippi, Pick it up!)



I'm in a place where I'm very happy with my body. I feel fantastic: fit, strong, confident. I really want to focus on these feelings. instead of focusing on a number on the scale. As a yo yo dieter, maintaining any particular weight has been always difficult for me. When I'm stressed out, outside factors leave me feeling out of control, or feeling down, I will straight up eat my feelings. That felt good to say out loud (or print, schmantics) Oh let me liberate ya! That's what happened to me this summer. As much as I wanted to put on a brave face and say, I'm not upset about what's going on in my life, that wasn't true. Sonic's Summer of the Shake really got the best of me too #trueconfessions #likeeverysunday

Identifying these triggers and coming to terms with the cyclical nature of my habits has been empowering. When we can identify the why, we learn how to take control. You'd think I'd have it all figured out by now, after nearly three years on my little journey, however I'm continuously learning and adapting along the way. Once you think you have it all figured out, life will usually pimp slap with you with a just kidding biotch time to readjust! I can see that clearly now coming out of the other side. You live, you leaaarrrnnnnn! The scale always seems to either be actively moving up or actively moving down. I really feel that the biggest challenge in all this weight loss, yo yo, reaching goal weight madness, is finding happiness once you get there and maintaining that weight. For me personally, I like to focus on being fit and strong. The scale tends to stay round about the same as long as I keep the way I feel my top priority. Maintaining goal weight, le sigh,  The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...always just out of reach! I am determined to snatch it up and keep it to myself! 

Hope you all have a rockin, safe, and fun Labor Day weekend! Peace, Love, Run! MUAH!

Jean Day & College Football- Let's Geaux Cajuns!

Email me

Daily Motivator

I've used this DM before, however I can always use this reminder. Never give up on you!

10 comments:

  1. I was planning on doing RI30 starting 9/1 too :) I don't know about every day though! I'm aiming for 3-4 days since I'll be taking a class Saturday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you there on the yo yo! I'm looking forward to working on my eating habits in septemeber, thanks to you for giving out the info for Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a yo yo-er! I'm just so frustrated with it lately. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I am trying desperately to get things under control again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the yo-yo...it's a fun up and down roller coaster ride isn't it? Have a great weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey hey! How fast did August go? I can't believe your no-scale challenge is almost over! I feel like it was last week you announced your plan to give it up for a month! And was that an Alanis reference there? "You live, you learn" is now stuck in my head.

    I've been REALLY learning lately that eating crap = feeling like crap. And for me, crap = carbs. I'm so much better off without them! I've been able to remind myself a couple of times when I've been craving some crazy carbs that they will only make me feel bad, and VIOLA! Craving overcome. Now if only I could take care of that each and every time, I'd be golden!

    Have a great long weekend! We have no plans and I am so excited. I need to catch up on life after vaca and take some time for working out! aka 6 mile training run Saturday....holllllllleerrrrr!!! Then it's Jillian challenge go-time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya girl on eating like crap=feeling like crap, mine tends to be processed foods or high/empty calorie foods. Great job at stopping those cravings! That is what I am trying to work on this next month, hopefully I can maintain that thought on a few travels and bdays coming up in our life.

      Delete
  6. Great post...if taking a day off means you get real with it, I'm down!!! Here's to surviving the first football weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, you posted just the thing I needed to read :) Youre doing awesome, keep up the good AND REALISTIC attitude :) I turned down a crispy chicken sandwich from wendy's (my shizzz back in the day) and felt like a million bucks just saying no - still avoiding fast food like the plague, unless it's iced coffee from McD's :) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your posts hit right where I am at in my journey! I'm working on getting that summer fluff gone and back to presummer weight and feelings. This week has been fantastic in terms of eating and focus for me!

    I'm on day 2 of the Jillian Michaels Ripped challenge...I had to start a few days early due to a few days that life will get in the way of JM and using a DVD player.

    Your daily motivator is the best and made me laugh. That is the kind of journey I feel I am on daily:)

    Have great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. neurofeedbackZengar.com is an Industry Leader in Healthy Brain Workout, Fitness Program, Neurofeedback for ADHD, Brain Exercises, Neurocare, PTSD Disorder and Biofeedback Systems

    ReplyDelete