Friday, August 2, 2013

Weekly Weigh....Wait a Sec....

TGIF!! I don't know about you but blink and I missed it, this week FLEW by! Cleanse Day One was a phenomenal success! I already feel like I'm jump starting the feel good train, after only one day. Clean eating and exercise- I really really love you boo! 

Yesterday, I threw down my new challenge, no weighing in this August. I've been kinda maybe really beating myself up about my vacation weight gain.  My husband thinks I'm being redonculous- he swears my  6 5.8 vacation pounds don't show. His been picking on me, lately. Like a lot. Probably because I say things like this to him.... Did you put these pants in the dryer? They're drip dry only! Do they look tight to you?? You better say no! 

Mr. Noel moonlights as a comedian

For the whole month. No scale obsessing, focusing on clean eating, healthy habits, and training for my next half marathon! This morning, I automatically reached for the scale, habit habit habit. I caught myself though. I did not weigh in. It feels strange, like I'm trying to talk my way out of that homework I forgot at home, but at the same time, it's liberating! If I had to guess, I'd say I'm down 2-3 pounds from last Sunday, post vacation detox is paying off! 

I'll be following the cleanse this weekend and laying low, hallelujah we've been traveling every weekend for the last month! Relaxing is exhausting! No one feels bad for you Elle Noel

That said, after lots of social time (ahem eating and drinking) for 8 days in row (we may have started vacation early with a night out in NOLA), I'm looking forward to a weekend with Sober Sally and getting lots done around my house.

Let's talk about the weather. Yeah yeah yeah, again! Its a hot topic round these parts! See what I did there? I knew starting to train for this half during the summer would be difficult due to the heat and humidity. True confessions- Aside from my one weekly long run, I've been completing all of my weekly runs on the treadmill. I will however grab the treadmill closest to the window so I can look outside and use my imagination.  She's so creative!
Hottest Stretch of Summer AHEAD?! JOY!
I am over the heat and humidity ya'll. I want to run outside! I'm meeting my run group at 6am Saturday morning for my 6 mile run. I'm not anticipating a great run time as the dew point has been extremely high, but I will get it done! Crossing my fingers the temps and dew point start coming down before my extra long runs start kicking in. For reference, I define a long run as run that takes more than one hour  to complete. I've got three weeks until my 8 mile run. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. I can't see myself on the dreadmill for 8 miles. Sometimes we all have to do things we don't want to do- Thanks Mom

Ok that's enough crazy talk from me for one day. Have an awesome weekend peeps!

It's off to work I go!

Find me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator

4 comments:

  1. I feel ya! Humidity is the devils work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im just not ready to break up with the scale yet :) To me, not weighing myself represents bad habits and balooning up to 200+ - maybe after Ive been maintaining for a while, but not yet - kudos to you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, your hubby's comment cracks me up! After vacation I was saying that to my husband too!! He always said he same thing, you look great! thank goodness for supportive significant others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Noel, really??!! That's a straight up hate crime, putting her clothes in the dryer! Didn't you promise never to do that in your wedding vows? Leigh Ann - Glad you're feeling better already!!

    I am ready to join you on the detox train!! After a wayyyy too fun weekend of eating and soo much drinking, I've got all kinds of healthy meals prepped and ready to go (with a focus on greenery!!) and I'm ready to Elle Noel it at the gym/on the pavement. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete