Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekly Goals : Half training Week 5

Good Monday morning, hope you had a wonderful weekend, I know I sure did! Saturday morning, I had my long weekly run for half training round two. My goal was simple, beat half training round one's 7 mile run time (1:15:46). Saturday morning I came in right at 10:00 minute miles(1:10:10) , which is slow for me these days, however I frequently remind myself while running, save it for race day, just log the miles! The run was easy, the weather was much more mild, versus previous weekly runs. Hence, the easy run! It felt great to get out and enjoy the scenery with my Sole Sistas run group no less! 

My goal this week is to complete more runs outdoors, even with the heat and humidity.  Babying myself on the treadmill is no doing me any favors. The deference between treadmill running, and road running, is 
massive, I think most runners will agree there. 

I get the bad blogger award today for pictures. I'm getting so bad about snapping pictures frequently. True confessions, I have no storage left on my phone so I have to be very selective or stop downloading so much music (not gonna happen!) Second goal for the week, solve the phone problems. Technology, le sigh!

Weekly Goals:

Monday:
4 Mile Run & Strength

Tuesday:
7 X 400 5k Pace
Strength & Cross Training

Wednesday:
3 Mile Run
Strength

Thursday:
Cross Training

Friday:
3 Mile Pace
Strength

Saturday:
8 Mile Run

Sunday:
Rest
Email me

Daily Motivator


4 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with the treadmill vs. outdoor running. Treadmill running does not help me at all I don't think. I am really trying hard to run outside more than inside even if it is hot... I was actually going to run inside today because it is so humid out but you just talked me into running outside! THANKS LADY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhh I love the ending quote! I have been MIA this summer but I'm so excited to be back to reading your daily posts! Boy have I missed you!!!!! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree so much about treadmill vs outdoor running. It is so easy to get into cruise control on the treadmill and almost let it do most of the work. It's impossible to do that on the road. Hope your runs this week go well!! Love the quote at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I were just discussing this Sunday after our longer run about treadmill versus outside. I have been running on the treadmill more lately, no sure why as I am not a fan, but any who I have but for short burst at a time with strength in between. This is not helping my endurance which I found out the hard way on Sunday. It was a struggle but I made it and will make all my runs this week outside. Great job on PRing!

    ReplyDelete