Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Face lift & Food (Those Two Things Go Together)

Notice anything different round here ya'll?! Hubby Jack, husband to the fabulous Mrs.Holly, hooked me up with a new blog design and I am LOVING it! I've been wanting to give the blog a little face lift for awhile now, Can you tell I've had some work done? Subtle right?! 




Note the pages tabs have been moved to the top of the browser (you'll have to view in full web version if you read from your mobile) and there are new tabs included! I'm working on an About the Noels and my Personal Records sections! I'm going to shatter those time goals this season ya'll hot like that fiya!

I'm nearing the end of the Advocare cleanse round two, currently day 7, and I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how I'd like to proceed with my diet going forward. Post cleanse. Since I set out to overhaul my life in January 2011, I've experimented with many different ways of eating and meal planning, and I've tried every method I could possibly think of to help me lose weight, while still enjoying my life. It's always been incredibly important to me that I don't stop living, and enjoying the now.

Meal planning works best for me when I feel like I have freedom to choose what I'd like to eat. I need flexibility in order to succeed. When I feel confined and restricted by a diet, focusing on what I can't have rather than what I can have, it leads to emotional break downs with the big bad scale. Cause my hips don't lie. Strict dieting left me feeling one way: wondering where my next meal was coming from. This is never a good way to feel. It leads to a binge. Which leads to guilt. Which leads to more poor choices, and then before you know it, you're mad and crying with the scale alone in your bathroom. Don't pretend like you've never done it!

Food has always been the most difficult piece of the weight loss, weight maintenance  please let me drop just one more percent body fat, puzzle for me. Work outs are not a problem. Ever. I LOVE exercise.

Food is the biggest struggle for me, and for obvious reasons, food is everywhere. Food is the social pillar of the southern girls front porch ya'll. It's supported by it's fun loving , loud, and omnipresent dominating neighbors labeled wine, beer & spirits. People gather around food and drinks, it's a fact of life and it's never going to change. Unless of course everyone in your social circle is following a similar dieting regimen, and are non alcoholic consuming adults living the exact same life style. Maybe that is the case for some people, but it ain't for me. In all aspects of my life, at work, home, friends, family- all get together s involve eating. Most, if not ALL, social scenarios involve booze.


This is why I need flexibility. I need freedom. I need to not feel guilty if I indulge a little at a party. I need to feel like I can have drinks with dinner on Saturday and not count every last drop. I need some freedom, to enjoy my life. I don't like feeling confined by specific numbers. I want to eat clean when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.

Post cleanse, I plan to return to the way I was eating last Spring. I was happiest with food and social situations eating low carb, low cal, high protein, with a cheat on Saturdays. I felt freedom in designing my meals. The cleanse has forced me to reevaluate the way I've been eating, yet again. It's constantly evolving and changing. Probably because you have adult ADD. 

August challenge recap, no weighing in for the entire month. I'm going to work hard, and focus on how I feel, eating clean, and taking on half training. I will however, weigh in September 1st. Let's see what happens, things just might get craZay round here! Oh honey, it's been craZay round here for a hot minute (you know you're thinking it)


follow me
Email me


Daily Motivator


25 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the face-lift! Are you still doing Macros?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look! It's so girly and dainty! Uh yeah, can't socialize in the south without food, and a lot of it! I love reading your blog so much. My biggest struggle is also food (wasn't this way about a year ago), and you motivate me to eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog looks great. So no more macros for you??? A lot of people say it gives them the freedom to eat what they want, while at the same time being structured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look! Food is my downfall too. I LOVE my workouts, eating reasonably is a different story...

    ReplyDelete
  5. New layout is so so cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food has always been the hardest part for me too. It feels good to eat good and have treats be treats, as opposed to treats be daily food again though:-) Keep evolving what works for you; it keeps the read interesting and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look atcha! I love the new look! Food is most definitely my worst area. I am considering doing a 5 day no carb to kick the sugar addiction I have developed from all the celebrations surrounding my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the new look! Just an FYI tho - it does say "lover of life" two times in your bio :) Very cute tho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic!!! and I agree too.... food is the hardest!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the new look!! I have been kicking my booty in the gym for a year now. Unfortunatly, my diet does not mirror it. Food is such a weakness for me too! I think we should surround ourselves with other healthy bloggers to support us in the south ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new colors and layout! I agree about having drinks now and then or a glass of wine with dinner occasionally. It's definitely doable while maintaining an active/healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new look! :) I always have the worst trouble with meal planning. I shop and intend to do all of this great stuff, but I always fall short. *sigh* One of these days I'm going to have to quit making excuses and just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new loook is SO YOU!! So pretty! And I think HJ fixed the word error. Oops. ;) Thanks for letting him design your blog again... we love us some Elle Noel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the face lift and this post. I really needed this today. I pretty much wrote about this same thing last week. The scale is gone and my numbers focus has changed to Macros for now until I get better at this clean eating thing. I'm just having a hard time getting started. I feel like my life (especially in the summer) revolves around food gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I'm cheating on you with this new page! Soo pretty, and I love the colors! Keep chugging along on the cleanse...you're almost there!

    Here is a food-related questions....what would you say to someone who can not stop eating pretzels at work?? They are always right there, bein all in my face, and I feel like I might be addicted (just like you and popcorn). I've tried a few tricks, which aren't working, so I'm looking for some new perspective here!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new look. I almost mentioned it yesterday, but then I thought...wait, am I crazy...she didn't say anything about it. LOL Food is also my biggest issue. I am doing the Advocare Cleanse after Labor Day because I will be drinking (my biggest way to lose track of calories) way too much over that weekend. I agree 100% about needing options and choices. I have to have a cheat day once a week while focusing on getting more protein than carbs (clean ones) as well! Two peas in a pod? Maybe! -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love the new look!! Can't wait to read your new sections - thanks for being so inspiring (as always)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new look and the post - I feel the exact same way, I cant restrict, then I want it - Ive been reintroducing carbs into my diet, because I was craving them, in the morning and always counted in - it's helped with the cravings - me on the other hand, dont really have a problem with food - it's finding the time to get my runs in, but Im working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the facelift! and you're beautiful too :) Great post that I needed! I'm struggling with the maintenance/gained some poundage after half training/summer boozefests areas so I need to just concentrate on doing well in the week, low carb, high protein and cheat days on Saturdays. I love me some exercise too so that's never hard! Hope you're having a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog looks amazing! Absolutely love it--it's so you!

    Also, down with numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks. Home Lifts

    ReplyDelete
  22. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it. But all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post! home lifts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some nice stuff in your article I really feel speechless, because it is quit pretty article. Beside this it is also a long after reading lasting article. Thanks for giving me such type of useful information……Home Lifts

    ReplyDelete