Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Challenge: Cleanse Day One

August first, new month, new chance to get everything right! I'm on Advocare's 10 Day Cleanse Day One, and I am pumped up to complete the cleanse! My first experience with the cleanse left me feeling light, clean, and fit! 


A lot of people feel passionately in their dislike for this fiber drink. For me, it's mind over matter. If I anticipate something to taste poorly, it probably will taste poorly. If I tell myself, this isn't a big deal just drink it quickly, then it isn't a big deal. I personally don't mind the fiber drink (gasp!) mix with water and gulp! 

I'm told the peaches and cream flavor is best, however I've also been told the citrus is most potent. Hence, this girl is gulping citrus.

I'm anticipating the cleanse to get me back to my pre-vacation svelte self. A feeling I want to get back as quickly as possible following my vacation weight gain. Social time during the summer has made it very difficult  impossible for me to break the kill it all week with diet and exercise only to turn around and tank out on the weekends cycle. I know without a doubt the cleanse, coupled with my half marathon training schedule, will produce the results I desire. It's more of a feeling I'm chasing at this stage in the game. When my weight is up, I've fallen out of my regular routine(vacation), and the busted can of biscuits feeling as set it, I am not happy with my body. For me, it's so much more important to feel great than it is for other people to tell me I look great

Which brings me to my August Challenge! For months, I've been reading about people "breaking up with the scale" and I've debated whether or not this tactic would be for me. I've always thought I needed the scale to hold me accountable, however, I do know when I've lost or gained weight. It's something I can feel to be true. That said, for the entire month of August, I am not going to weigh myself. I want to see just how in tune I am with my body and the way I'm feeling. I really think I could judge my weight based solely on how my cloths fit, and we shall see! This August I am going to focus on hitting all of my work outs, eating clean, and becoming a stronger runner. I want to beat the me, I was this time last year. RAWR!

Find me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator



 

14 comments:

  1. Ohh I do love the daily motivation today!!! What am awesome, inspiring quote! So every true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on day 5 of the cleanse right now and I have loathed that fiber drink in the past. This time, I mixed it with about 4 ounces of orange juice and chugged rather than sipped. It has made all the difference and it's not so bad to me anymore. Good luck with your August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the cleanse right now as well - I'm on day four. I would TOTALLY agree that the peaches n' cream tastes better (and with less chunks) but I'm not feeling the same *ahem* effects *ahem* as I did when I did the Citrus flavor. If I do it again, I would definitely go back to Citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the cleanse awhile back, I need to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh a fresh new month to get it together! Loving your daily dose of positive Patty today. Good luck with the cleanse, nothing better than getting back to your feel-good self! And the 'no scale this month' experiment sounds very interesting! I can't wait to read about it! I was thinking about joining you but...I'm just not there yet.

    Happy Friday Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend of mine "broke up with the scale" but she still weighed and just didn't peek. She had her hubs write down her weight and she kept a journal of how she felt and what she guessed it to be for a month or so. She was pretty much right on the money. I say you can totally tell by how you feel! But it was a cool experiment anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard great things about the advocare cleanse. Cant wait to hear your results! After I hit my heaviest last summer and was really struggling with eating and my weight I ditched the scale. It was the best decision I made and really made me in tune with my body. I weigh myself every once in awhile and I can always guess my weight exactly before I even get on the scale. It has bade me so much more intune with my body.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot stand either flavor of that fiber drink. But I can gulp it down faster than anything, just so it's over with! I am with you 1000% about saying goodbye to the scale, it makes me crabby! Good luck with your cleanse and your August challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just contacted SkinnyMeg about the Advocare Cleanse. I totally feel you about getting back on track, and I think I am going to do it! I have spent way too much time this summer driveway drinking (yeah, that is how we roll in the NE suburbs)with the neighbors. I blame it on being with kids 24/7. Busted biscuits up in here! --Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never had any issues with the fiber drink either - maybe it's a texture thing for some people?? I think I will do a cleanse too, although it's going to have to wait until Monday, and after I devour one of these sinful specialty donuts http://www.gourdoughs.com/ - I'm told the flying pig is a must! So, Monday it is! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I remember reading on your blog a while back that you were drinking Shakeology at a point. I currently am drinking it, but the price is getting to me. I was wondering what made you switch and what product you would recommend?

    Thanks!

    -Megan Locklear

    ReplyDelete
  12. August Challenge, I will secretly put all of your clothes in the dryer!!!!!
    Now figure out is it your body or the cotton items you have purchased.

    Sincerely,
    Evil Husband Noel

    ReplyDelete
  13. you go girl! I've been reading your blogs for a few months now and i am just very drawn to your style. i totally get what you say about being in tune with your body on the weight thing. i am the same way, i can feel when i loose weight asap and i know exactly what the number on the scale will tell me about 95% of the time. keep up the thinspirational blogging - i cant get enough :)

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  14. I gave up my scale for August too! I even had the hubby hide it for me! I just want to feel good, not worry about that dang number!

    I really want to do that cleanse! Hope it leaves you feeling great again!

    ReplyDelete