Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend Rewind & Weekly Goals

Good morning and Happy Monday! I say it every Monday, but the weekends just don't last long enough! This weekend was spent at my G's house with family. My Mom, Mr. Noel and  a group of my closest cousins and Aunts got together to spend some quality time and help my G out around her house. We had such a wonderful visit together, I'm always sad when everyone leaves to go back to their homes in different cities. I'm reminded to treasure these times together and enjoy one another while we can! Home really is where your heart is, and my heart is always with my family.

Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early to log my 6 mile run. It's been a few months since I've run this distance, but it's not a distance I find intimidating. I won't start breaking out the GU and Chomps again until I hit miles 8 and up. I've run my G's neighborhood before, and am obviously familiar with the area. I took off without a particular route in mind, I just started running. I didn't stress about pace, I enjoyed the change in scenery. At mile three, I veered off into what I thought was a small new-ish neighborhood to do some adventuring and I got lost!  Thankfully, I was able to use my keen sense of direction, aka my iPhone, to help me get back home. This is the first time I have ever gotten lost on a run. It was surprisingly, refreshing!

Side Note-  I'm experiencing some pain in my left foot while running. It started this past week, hopefully this won't materialize into anything greater.Aches and pains are a fact of life for the runner! During half training round one, my six mile run was also injury riddled. However, I was able to run through that as well. Only you can know the difference between, gotta see a doctor, I shouldn't be running pain, and meh this is a nuisance and uncomfortable pain. Listen to that body!

Egg White Breakfast Frittata made to order by my Aunt. So delicious! 
Diet this weekend was meh, I did OK. I didn't stick to my macros, but I didn't blow my diet either. I often have to remind myself, balance, balance, balance.  I stuck to my calorie counts, and beat the Monday morning busted can of biscuits feeling. I'm very fortunate that my family is health conscience and incredibly supportive of my lifestyle. These get togethers never equal a diet derail.

Monday morning has rolled around, and it's finally countdown to vacation time! HOLLER!!!! I am so very excited for the upcoming week filled with friends and FUN. Life has been so wild, crazy, busy, go go, non stop, what day is it, agh I just want to catch my breath lately this vacation is very much needed and deserved! I can. not. wait. 

Weekly Goals:

Monday:
RIPPED

Tuesday:
3.5 Mile Run & Strength

Wednesday:
Butts & Guts
6 X 400 5K Race Pace

Thursday:
3 Mile Run
Strength

Friday:
5K Race Pace
Strength

Saturday:
Rest

Sunday:
Rest

Wishing each and  every one of you a rocking week!

Find me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator

9 comments:

  1. That's awesome you were able to stay on track this weekend! You are such an inspiration!

    I walked a 5k in New Orleans on Saturday morning & was all "now I really want to train to run the entire thing." Then I ate like crap yesterday & the scale sure did show it this morning! :(

    But it's a new day! I prepped all my lunches for the week last night. Now I just need the willpower to turn down lunch invites.

    Oh I wanted to ask you, what is the difference between casein & regular protein powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you complete the 30 day shred?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the slight pain gets better! I normally try to focus on other parts of the body if some part seems off just in case. Do lots of stretches this week.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! I love spending time with family, which I was lucky enough to do in Chicago this weekend! And thanks to my foodie brother, the diet was definitely blown. But we shared everything and had some of the best meals in recent history, so I won't count it as a total loss :)

    5 work days until vacation????? That is so exciting!! You guys are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I live on the other side of the state, and this is the only time in my life that my family has been farther away than a five mile radius, it makes it super special to go home. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

    Also, when you were talking about listening to your body, all I could picture was a Daily Motivator with Smoky the Bear on it reading "Only YOU can tell the difference in your pain!" :)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Daily Motivator in this post! I'm glad you'll be getting in some quality down-time soon! I hope the week breezes by until then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a pretty great weekend. About to head off on my post-weekend run now. Happy exercising!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your pain gets better, and I was actually going to email you about fueling...when do you start- Ive read if youre running more than 40 minutes you should bring fuel...how do you gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new reader and I love your blog! I've found it to be so motivating as I start my own fitness journey. I was wondering if you could share your strength training - what exercises have worked best for you? I struggle with trying to figure out what works best with so much information out there!!

    ReplyDelete