Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes

Let's be real, my breakfast was better than yours cause I made this happen.....

Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes
249 Calories 3F 36C 19P
This morning I decided to get creative with my breakfast. Eating for macros can be boring and repetitive, but it doesn't have to be! Adding protein powder into otherwise ordinary meals is common place as this a fantastic whey (see what I did there) to get in extra protein without extra carbs! Carbs are everywhere. On the real.

I've been itching to try my hand at protein waffles, however I don't have a waffle maker and I keep forgetting to pick one up at the store sooo I thought what the heck?! I'll whip up some pancakes! How hard could it be?

I through together this recipe on the fly based on items I already had on hand, and it was delicious! While my pancakes were grilling, I packed my little lunch bag and snacks for the day. The whole process took roughly fifteen minutes of my time. Not bad right?! It's sure to become a fast favorite of mine. Pancakes for breakfast = winning at life. I topped my pancakes with Waldon Farms Calorie Free Pancake Syrup, yes you read that right. I'm using Waldon Farms for all my something extra these days: salad dressing, dessert syrups, and now breakfast too!

Elle Noel's Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes 
Recipe makes two pancakes
249 Calories 3F 36C 19P

1/4 cup Oats- I used Quaker Minute Oats
1/4 cup Liquid egg whites
1 tbl Chocolate PB2
1/2 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
1/2 Banana Mashed
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Whip all ingredients in a bowl and fire up the grill. That's it. Easy, simple, and delicious! I LOVE a big breakfast with all of the fixins. These simple, easy, and guilt free pancakes satisfied those cravings.

I will definitely add this recipe into my rotation. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll switch it up with vanilla protein powder, regular PB2 and blue berries. So many options!

I gotta brag on my outfit today! Chevron and a shift dress? Be still my heart! I'm wearing Charly and Company's Coral Chevron Shift Dress and feeling like a ray of sunshine, Happy Wednesday to each and everyone of you!


Find me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator


9 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous in your Chevron dress! That pattern is so chic.

    I love having protein pancakes for breakfast but I have to watch it or else I end having it all the time :) definitely a great way to start the day. Yours look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress! You are looking good girl and that recipe sounds delish, way to go prepping for the meal too! You're rocking it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm....are we sisters? Because I made *almost* the same exact things as you (before I even read this awesome post). No whey in mine and the PB2 was on top...but still. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I think I need to make these soon, real soon! LOVE the dress on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calorie free syrup?? Who knew there was such a thing. I'm pretty much salivating about the chance to make some of these asap! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you and that hot dress!! So adorable.

    & I'm sorry did you say Calorie free syrup?! Does it taste like air?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, my interest was at a "meh" level until you mentioned blueberry pancakes. OMG MUST DO THIS! I bought a huge container of vanilla whey powder months ago, after deciding that I just had to have it in my smoothies. Then I made approximately 3 smoothies before burning out on it. Pete will be so happy that I'll be using it up (until I buy more because I'm addicted to blueberry pancakes). Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pancakes look great!
    Love your dress too hun.
    Have a great day.
    Love Gi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What kind of protein do you use?

    ReplyDelete