Friday, May 10, 2013

Weekly Weigh In: Renewed Enthusiasm!

Good morning party peopleee!!!!! It's Friday! I am in extra high spirits this morning. It's been a wonderful week for my boss lady agenda. I got in some really incredible work outs, and I've thoroughly enjoyed my new Garmin Forerunner 110. It's interesting to me to see where I'm burning the most calories (running, der) and it's confirmed something I knew all along. The elliptical machine has been a big fat liar about my burned calorie count. Shame on you elliptical, shame on you! The Garmin is my new best friend. Seriously. I don't know how I made it by this long without it!


Before I even stepped onto the big bad scale this morning, I told myself I didn't give two hoots about what it had to say. I feel this way for a few reasons:

Number 1: I feel incredibly fit and strong! I'm not sure if it's my imagination or if it's reality, but I'm noticing my hips narrowing out. This area as always been a trouble zone for me. Excite!

Number 2:  I feel smaller than I have ever felt, yes in my life, and all of my cloths are getting looser. Two cheers for the NSV (Non Scale Victory!)

Number 3: I start my new meal plan with Ashley Leahy on Monday morning, and I amped, encouraged, enthused, and motivated by the macro plan! Can't wait to hit the ground running full steam ahead!

For all theses reasons, the scale didn't get under my skin. No pounds lost, no pounds gained. Feeling A-MAZ-ING and that is what truly matters most!

Jillian's May Meltdown Challenge update:

I'm completing Jillian's Killer Abs DVD in addition to my regular work outs, much in the same way I focused on 6 Week Six Pack. This DVD is staged in three levels of increasing intensity. I decided to skip over Level One jumping straight into Level Two. This is my second week at Level Two, and I'll increase to Level 3 next week. I enjoy these DVDs for a few reasons. Mostly, it's mind blowing to see how quickly the body can improve  While Level 2 started off difficult, it's now become easy. It's only been two weeks! I've upped my weight resistance from 8's to 10's with Jillian.

Running: I'm backing down off of my mileage. In previous weeks post half marathon, I've averaged 20-25 miles per week, I've brought it down to 15 miles per week. I want to focus more energy on strength training in the "off season" and that's something I can't do when running 20-25 miles a week. There just aren't enough hours in the day, or enough gas in the tank (I'm the tank, huzzah!). I am keeping a comfortable base distance between 5-8 miles. Focusing on increased leg strength will increase speed and endurance over distance. It all plays a part in the big plan. Getting that sub 2 hour half marathon in October and preparing me for the Big Momma- The Marathon January 2014!

In response to yesterday's post- It seems so many of you are curious about the macro plan and what Ashley has to offer! I know many of you have already reached out to her to inquire about meal planning, etc. If you are please let me know! We gotta stick together :)  If you're hesitating or are curious, I really encourage you to reach out to her, and have a conversation! What's it gonna hurt to get a new perspective?! Nothin! You can email Ashley here. She's incredibly sweet and knowledgeable, don't be scared!

Casual Friday- Oh how I love thee :) Have an AWESOME weekend Boss ladies and gents!!

I mostly post these to prove I'm not always a sweaty mess ;)

Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator


6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see how this plan works for you. I'm about to try the carb backloading program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and how far you have come! I can't wait to be where you are now! I am really interested to see what Ashley does for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday Boss Ladaaaaayyyyyy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOOOOOO!!!! I say no gain is progess in this stage of the game! I know that waist is still slimming and those guns are still growing so no weight gain is still huge! I'm excited to see what Ashley puts you on! I try to follow Bob Harpers 40 40 20 rule! You look hot in that yellow! Happy Friday Gorgeous!
    XOXO
    Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This girl is on fiya!!! I love that yellow color on you. I'm doing 10's with JM this week too and it kicks my butt (rather my abs) but I love it! Getting my gym membership this weekend so I can be a gym rat like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I contacted Ashley and started my plan yesterday!!! It is very overwhelming at first with all the numbers, I was starting to stress out. But I did well yesterday and on to day 2!!! Good luck. Thanks for turning me on to her.

    ReplyDelete