Thursday, May 30, 2013

Macro Diet Update

After initially posting about my new eating pan of action, the Macro way, I have been continually blown away by how many people are curious about Macros! I started working with Ashley Leahy, two and a half weeks ago, I really can't sing the praises of this diet program and Ashley enough. Not only did Ashley put together my meal plan based on my specific dietary needs- ie my weight, height, age, activity level, she's held me accountable by getting my weight twice a week. That girl always remembers to ask me for an update too. There is no forgetting to weigh in- hello accountability!

She's been available to me at all times, and has never made me feel any question I may have is insignificant. She also introduced me to her team of Grit Girls via Facebook where we can all communicate our questions, share recipes, success stories, and encourage one another. The entire experience has been phenomenal, and successful. I'm down 3 pounds in 2 and a half weeks, and I'm shrinking! I can clearly see marked definition in my arms, legs. mid section, etc. To think it all started with a message from Instagram. I love the internet! 

The first week on the plan was the most difficult to adjust. I ate the same things, literally every day, for a week straight until I felt comfortable adjusting my diet. Once I got into the groove, it's become a much less time consuming task for me each day to ensure I'm eating the right amounts of each food - Protein/Carbs/ Fat (Macros in a nut shell).

As a former fatty, chunky monkey, fluffy girl, whatever you want to call it, I feel I will always have issues with the super strict diet. I personally feel the super strict diet sets you up to fail yourself. Unattainable goals and unrealistic expectations set you up for disappointment. When you feel like a failure, you want to throw in the towel, say f*ck this, then you're disappointed in yourself. You'll stand in the mirror and pick yourself apart, let the scale determine your worth, rapidly depleting your self-esteem- why can't I do this!? and, if you're anything like me, insert binge attack. For these reasons, I will never follow a super strict diet. I allow myself one extreme cheat a week. This prevents the negative scale cycle and food dependency. I do feel over time I've become detached from food, however if it's Sunday evening and I'm craving ice cream, I'm going to eat ice cream. I've done it twice since starting this diet. The Sonic Peanut Butter Cookie Shake is other worldly by the way :) Guess what? I'm still getting the results I want from my macro plan even with my one cheat a week. I don't feel deprived or hungry, and YES I'm still getting in my social hour on high carb day aka Saturday. Ya'll know this girl ain't missing out on that! Come on nah!

I'm hesitant to call any meal plan a life style. This buzz phrase just doesn't fit my life. Ya'll wanna know what my life style plan is?

Aside from the fact that she's ridiculously rich (hello personal chef),
Jennifer's plan will work for my life too
The Macro plan is working for me. It gives me freedom to cheat, within moderation, and is producing my results. Win win right?! I have progress pictures, however I can not post them here. My husband's friends and some male family members read this blog, so I don't feel comfortable posting those pictures here. (Sowwy Guys!) however, leave me a comment and let me know you'd like to see the pics, I'll happily share with you :) If you're curious about Macros or working with Ashley, shoot her an email. Yes I think it's worth the money. The proof is in the results ya'll, and after plateauing for the better part of 6 months, I'd sign up with her all over again!

In other news, rocking and rolling the May Meltdown with Ms Michael's, and looking forward to the conclusion of Operation Red Bikini! Who is ready for the link up tomorrow?! THIS GIRL!

Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator




32 comments:

  1. I got in touch with Ashley after you wrote about her. I just got my meal plan today and will start it this weekend. I'm so excited to get started with it! I have always had trouble being disciplined with food and I'm hoping this will be what I need to make some progress with my health/fitness goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! And I def want to see the B&As!

    Gah, and I forgot that the link-up is tomorrow! Crazy! I'm going to have to set aside a good chunk of time to read all the posts because it's going to be a GOOD blog day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me pics I wanna see and not in a creepy way I promise!!! I also want a little more information about Ash if you have it! I am curious about this whole macro thing. What I am doing just isn't working right now WOMP WOMP WOMP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see your B&As! I contacted her yesterday after seeing another client's 9 day transformation. I was all...sign me up sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does she do meal plans for the fellas too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to see pics, I added her on IG and have seen AMAZING client results she has posted... is it a pay as you go or one time flat rate? Depending on cost I may have to give her a call... or email... I can tell in your workout pics how much smaller and more toned you have gotten, cant wait to see side by side comparison. you are awesome!!! such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course I want to see the before and after pictures! I want to do this so badly but I have so many questions. I am trying to write them down when I think about them. How easy is it to incorporate into dinner for you and Mr. Noel? Does it require a lot of math/figuring? Do you still meal prep or have you gotten to where you just know what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd definitely love to see progress pictures! I've been trying to research a Macro Diet. I just can't afford any extras right now, but I will save up some $$$ some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am waiting for my meal plan from Ashley. I would love to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see your before and afters! I'm getting my "after" photos taken tonight (and my measurements taken tomorrow) -- after 10 weeks following a macro plan. I'm crossing my fingers that there's a visible difference. I certainly FEEL a million times better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been considering going the macros route and i would love to see your progress pictures!
    victoriagsimmons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 pounds is phenominal!! Keep up the hard work lady! I'd love to see those pictures if you're willing to share!! babebeforebaby@gmail.com

    -K
    www.babebeforebaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds amazing, I wish I could swing it, but alas, the budget just wont allow it :( I love hearing about it though, thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see your before and afters. I've been researching macros and considering following the plan as I am at a plateau as well. Thanks :-)

    ashley.heath@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would also like to see the pics.. I get my meal plan today hopefully and will start after school is out for me on June 10th, I am very nervous, and excited about it I just don't want to feel overwhelmed. 1moore.monica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to see your before and afters. Your progress always amazes me. Love the plannedish splurges. I'm going to try to allow/plan 1 splurge a week and hopefully it'll stop all the falling off the wagon I keep doing. Thanks for your constant motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to see your progress pictures. I just contacted Ashley myself, I realllly want o try a macro meal plan. (Laceysmom82@yahoo.com) Thanks!! sorry I am posting as 'anonymous' its theonly optionthat is workingfor me :/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm looking into finding the money to get Ashley and would love to see your progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all, where did you have 3 pounds to lose? Did you cut your hair?? :) On the real, you are looking so slim and fit in your gym pics on IG, great job! Could ya pretty please send me the progress pics? (we learned our blog is also read by some real life peeps, so no bikini pics for the link up tomorrow! too awkward!)

    Keep up the good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been following your blog for awhile now, I LOVE it! When I read your post about the macro diet and Ashley I knew I had to try it out. Today is my second day, I think its going well, it's definitley and adjustment but I think I'll have good results as well. I was wondering if you schedule your long run day on your high carb day. I'm training for a half-marathon as well, and I'm a little worried that I'm going to be extra super hungry and low energy on those days when I run longer. I would also be interested in seeing your before/afters if you don't mind. Thanks!

    -Rachel
    rach_n_jax@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use Jen as my role model on my vision board. And when I win the lottery I'll have a personal chef too! LOL OK I'll just learn to cook now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ive been reading your blog for a while now and amazed at how far you've come. Your dedication is so motivating. I would love to see B&A pictures:) I'm curious about the macros plan now. About how much?
    ssarabia1988@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just emailed her and asked for more info. I'm really struggling with the last 10 to 5 pounds and I know its my diet. I would love to see progress pics!
    My email is acooper2002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to see photos! :) I have never heard of this type of diet/meal plan before. Not sure if it would really work for me tho since I am vegan??

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd LOVE to see before and after pics! I heard of her through your blog, originally and have been thinking about it ever since!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to see them! I'm so proud of you! You are such an inspiration and you know I appreciate someone that is real and tells it like it is. No fakers here. I'm so happy your getting the results you want! I'm seriously going up have to check this girl out! You rock girl! So excited to see everyone's progress for orb tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to see before and after pics. How much does it cost to use Ashley? Pjkhansen@gmail.co

    ReplyDelete
  28. I for sure want to see the results pictures!
    I'm loving all the ones Ashley posts on her Instagram of everyone's results.
    I am strongly considering reaching out to her.
    We have a month or 2 where we've got A LOT going on and money will be fairly tight so that's what's holding me back!!
    Looking forward to seeing your results and seriously...congratulations!! I know that feels awesome!
    You're so inspiring to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would love to see your results, I have been on Ashley's plan for around 3 weeks now and love it!!! She really is great. I love seeing the progress pics to keep me motivated...gibbiegirl3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That sounds awesome! Would you be able to write a post in detail about what a day in food looks for you now that you're on this plan?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just emailed Ashley today for more info on the plan! I have been thinking about it since you wrote this post and decided to just go for it! I would love to see your before and after pics! That will be my motivation to stick with it! Keep up the good work and thanks for being so inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was googling macros and your blog came up and I thought- HEY I already follow her. I know I am late, but do you still follow macros, how did it work out for you?

    ReplyDelete