Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Treadmill Circuit Training Routine

It's been awhile since I posted a work out up on the blog. When I put together a work out, I'll do so pretty much on the fly. I'll know I want to work arms, my booty, abs etc. The most important aspect of all is to keep my heart rate elevated with cardio intervals. This keeps fat coming off that body.  I've been spending a lot of time researching building muscle mass, as my over all goal from here forward is decreased body fat percentage. I'm not saying I want to move into power lifting or anything like that, but recently I've been focused on lifting heavier. RAWR! I love intensity. In the last few weeks, I forced myself to increase my overall weight averages in my weekly gym classes, R.I.P.P.E.D. Monday nights & Thursday Weight Training. In addition to these two classes, I do arm, leg,  and booty work on my own twice a week. My routines always vary, I don't do arm day/ leg day as I don't believe I'm lifting heavy enough for that just yet. I use a total body work out in combination with cardio training- my true love.

I love treadmill circuit training for quite a few reasons. Most importantly it helps me to increase speed and endurance on long runs, a huge factor in my overall fitness goals. Two, it leaves me a super nasty sweaty hot mess, the way everyone should look when finishing a work out.

Treadmill Circuit Training-
10 Minute Interval Run- Increased Speed in One minute Intervals starting at 6.3 ending at 8.0
3 Sets of 15- 12lbs free weights
Over Head Shoulder Press
Reverse Flys
Bicep Curls
Tricep Kickbacks
Tricep Dips
Tricep Push Ups
Balance on Ball-
Chest Press
Flys
10 Minute Interval Run- Increased Speed in One minute Intervals starting at 6.3 ending at 8.0
Upside down bosu ball Squats (30) with over head press 8lb
3 Sets of 15
50lb Dead lift
2 Sets of 12
40lb Weighted Squats
10 Minute Fat Burner Plus Highest Level Stair Master
     Regular Step Three Minute
     Double Step Leg Extension(20)
     Three Minute Double Step
     One Minute Walk Right
     One Minute Walk Left
     One Minute Backwards
10 Leg Lifts, Top Pulse, knee in extension (10lbs) each side
20 Weighted Glute Press, Immediately following glute pulse (20), 15 Fir Hydrate per side
20 Single Leg Bridges
20 Bridges

I'm going to need to reevaluate total body days sometime in the near future. I am sore this morning, in that awesome I'm becoming a smaller stronger version of me kinda way....

Snap! Getting some muscles :)
Don't be afraid to play around with heavier weights. Listen to your body, and push yourself outside of your comfort zone! I NEVER thought I could have muscular definition, and dayum. It's happening! Dig deep and work harder. It WILL pay off! Happy Wednesday errrybody!

Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator



10 comments:

  1. "DAYUMMMM" gurrrrrrrrllllllllllllll!!!!! I am definitely going to start working out my guns more!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you post your workouts you've created. With our gym membership being quite expensive (and it being overly packed all.the.time) we are considering investing in creating our own "home gym" this upcoming summer. I will definitely need things like this to help keep me on track and motivated, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so printing this work out. You are the shizz. Holy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! You quickly became my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I recently started reading her blog and it is my new favorite. I spent a good deal of time yesterday reading all her old posts. Thats how I know I have found a good one!!

      Delete
  5. Printed it out...going to give it a try sometime this week!!! Thanks for posting this. I recently found your blog, and it is my new favorite. I find you so inspiring!!! And your journey with weight loss, food issues seems a lot like mine, except you have almost met your goal. I am still struggling, but you really are inspiring me to get to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a pretty full on work out routine no wonder you have such killer guns!!
    Love Gi
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks like a killer workout!!! I've been looking for ideas for strength training. I'm going to start going through your posts to see if I can find more! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did your workout at the gym this morning and it was killer! Loved it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm using the treadmill to learn how to run. Never having run before, the treadmill is a good starting place. I love listening to my music as loud as I can so that I don't hear myself breathing so hard! lol

    Treadmill

    ReplyDelete