1. Get yourself a great sports bra. You do not want your sweater puppies flopping all around during plyometrics or assaulting your face while running. Seriously. Strap those bad boys in for the long haul. As I've lost weight, I've lost size in that area too. Sad story.
|Always calling me out hommie ;)|
Back when I had boobs, I wore Champion from Academy High Support and now I'm wearing a Medium Support. Bouncing boobs may be a high school male fantasy but in reality it's painful on the real. I LOVE Champion. It's not quite as expensive as Under-armor but the quality is just as good. Score!
|Women's Spot Comfort High Support|
|Champion Women's Sweetheart Compression|
3. Make a Fit Fashion Statement- Gym gear should be fun! It may seem silly but a bright shirt or a fun saying can really get me moving my rear! Don't be afraid of an FFS :)
4. Make a Killer Playlist- A great playlist can encourage me to give ten times more of myself. I like songs that pump me up. Technically speaking, songs with a High Beat Per Minute (BPM) will get ya up and going, but I need more than that. I need to feel like the baddest bitch in town. The lyrics have to sing to me. I won't work out without music. Period. Check out my Boss Lady Jams page for a list of some favorites.
5. Long Distance Run Essentials- If I'm going on a long run, let's say anything more than an hour, there are a few things I'll need to pack with me for the road. If it's warm out, 60 plus, busting out the shorts. I HATE to be hot. Basically I hate being any temperature other than ultra comfortable, Diva Status says Heyyy, but let's not open that can of worms this morning.
Running puts out a lot of heat the majority coming from your quads. If I wear shorts, the compression sleeves are a must as well as compression socks. Ya they make that too. I'l also need my S.P.I. belt, Nike Running Ap., Play List, and Shot Blocks.
|Orange flavor has extra caffeine- bzzzzzz!|
|Does not bounce and holds my phone, keys, chap stick, & fuel|
|Compression Sleeves & Compression Ankle Socks|
6. The most important aspect in putting a great workout? A positive attitude! Do yourself a huge favor- leave the I can't, I'm tired, That's too hard, I hate my job, so and so was mean to me, I'll never reach my goal, I don't feel like it, Negative BS at the door. Tough love time- Suck it Up Buttercup! Slap a smile on that face and get to work!
|"Exercise Gives you Endorphins, Endorphins make you happy!"|