Monday, March 11, 2013

Speed Training, Weekend Cleansing, Weekly Goals

Hey ya'll! Feels like it's been a few hot minutes huh!? I am SO happy Monday has arrived. Presently on Cleanse day 8  and I am feeling on fire! The weekend was a cleanse success, zero cheats, zero alcohol, two work outs later, and it's the final phase of the ten day cleanse. Hallelujah. It's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun, if it were easy then everyone would do it. Friday night required will power.. I forced myself to stay home instead of going out with friends. Sad Face. I knew if I put myself in a situation to cheat on the cleanse,  I probably would. I had planned to meet up with my Sole Sistas at 7:30am Saturday morning for a speed training work out at a local high school track, so I really needed to get in my rest anyway. Outdoor speed training was FUN! We ran without music- so I had to listen to myself breathe, and I sounded a whole lot less like a dying piglet than imagined. I NEVER listen to myself breath- insert ear buds and roll!

We started with a one mile warm up, then 8 laps as follows:
Speed walk 1/3 track
Run 1/3
Sprint 1/3
Repeat X 8

If you don't have to walk after a sprint, you aren't pushing it fast enough. We completed the work out with core strength and light jogging. Never forget to work your core, a strong core will make you a better runner!

Saturday/ Cleanse Day 6 was the hardest round of the cleanse for me. After my early morning speed training session, I got in some shopping, and about 12:30pm I was cool whipped exhausted.  Insert 3 hour nap- say what?! I wasn't hungry but I was extremely tired. I'm not big napper, so this was definitely out of character. Saturday night was a breeze, we rented movies and had date night in, relaxing!

Sunday rolled around and so did the busy body energy. Spring cleaning? Check. Grocery Shopping for the week? Check. Laundry Done? Check Check! Sunday is usually my rest day, however, I ran out of things to dust and decided to go for a run. Insert torrential down pour. Womp Womp. Then I stumbled across this gem in Amazon Prime:


I decided to challenge myself to this six week work out by the infamous Ms Jillian Michaels. I used an 8lb weight and plan to follow her routine 5 times a week for 6 weeks in addition to my regular work outs! Before and After pictures to follow! Would anyone care to join me for the 6 week six pack challenge?! The challenge is in direct correlation with my Operation Red Bikini goals- May 31st will be here before we know it! Don't be scared of Jillian. This was my first round with Jillian and I really enjoyed the work out, challenged, but not tortured. 

Weekly Work Out Goals:

Monday-
JM Six Week 6 Pack- Check
RIPPED

Tuesday-
Treadmill Circuit Training

Wednesday-
JM Six Week 6 Pack
5 Mile Run

Thursday-
JM Six Week 6 Pack
Strength Training

Friday-

Saturday-
JM Six Week 6 Pack

Sunday-
JM Six Week 6 Pack

I have been eating the same things almost daily on the cleanse. I am a creature of habit, so when I find something that works for me, I will run it into the ground. I keep my diary open to my friends on My Fitness Pal if you'd like to see the nitty gritty of what I've been cramming in my yap, feel free to add me here.

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Monday morning roll around! The cleanse has been an overwhelmingly positive experience and it's made me completely rethink the way I have been eating. I have big plans post cleanse! I feel rejuvenated and energized. I know it's all down to this cleanse. While the weekend was not easy, I powered through! Mind over matter :)


Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator

14 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of the JM DVD's, they are fast and effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock!! I am doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Starting Week 2 tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job girl!! I love your energy and all you ladies are rockn this cleanse. Are you drinking the spark too? I'm thinking of getting it to give me an energy boost. Thanks for sharing girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't as strong as you this weekend. On Sunday after church my family wanted to go eat and I didn't want to turn down spending time with them. Since we live in a small town there are like 3 choices on Sunday and an Italian place was chosen (thank heavens it wasn't Chinese!). So, Sunday was a flop. I am back on the wagon today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Good job sticking to the cleanse all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weekend WAS a challenge, but we did it! :) I was thinking about busting out a Jillian video or two, so I would be up for a Jillian challenge!!! AND speaking of operation red bikini, my goal was to be back in my 10's... well guess what size pant I have on this morning???? :)

    LOVING the results of the cleanse!!! I am making my new goal to be at my wedding weight or lower for the operation red bikini, since I already acheived my initial goal! :)


    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME --> " I sounded a whole lot less like a dying piglet than imagined"

    LOL! Glad to hear you rocked the cleanse this weekend! I'm loving on Monday too, for no reason. Must be the hint of spring...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in Fire girlfriend!!!! I'm on week 6 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution so I'll be right on track to finds with you just a different DVD :-) you are looking mighty fine and lean and you deserve it for all the HARD work you have been putting in! Definitely showing! Happy Monday gorgeous XOXO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 6 week to 6 pack DVD also... it's tougher than I thought! Great job on the cleanse :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GIRL, you look awesome in your selfie! Such a skinny little miss. I am drawing on your energy for this week cause I am feeling like a pile of doo-doo after my Nawlins trip - YIKES! Can't wait to hear of your final results from the cleanse - you are on the homestretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love doing JM workouts. Sucks that I moved into and upstairs apartment or I would do it with you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get that Jillian dvd!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a serious love/hate relationship with JM, but she does what she says she will :)

    Congrats on hitting the home stretch of the cleanse! I can't wait to read the official results :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is actually your nervous system not your muscles, that is responsible for making you faster. Speed training helps to make you faster.
    Speed Training in Middletown, New Jersey

    ReplyDelete