Monday, March 4, 2013

Cleanse Day One & Weekly Goals

Alright ya'll it's here, the first day of the cleanse. I would have started the cleanse as soon as it hit my hands last week, however, after the months of half training, I needed a weekend to myself.  I put off my planned 6 mile run until Sunday because I had the wine flu Saturday it was cold and windy so I sissy girled out. The last cold windy run I had was the 12 mile run during half training. My face ended up so dried and chapped, it just now healed itself up. Regardless, it still got done, just not as originally planned. I'm really looking forward to the 10 Day Advocare Cleanse. The meal structure is identical to the way I'm presently eating and since I've already given up white flour and cheese, I don't expect this to be to difficult for me. *knock on wood*

This weekend I found my newest breakfast obsession. Overnight Oats. If you're doing the cleanse you'll have to wait until after the cleanse to try as it's dairy heavy.  Are you on Instagram? It's where I get some of my best ideas @ellenoelfitness. About a week ago I found Alyssa @100daysofcleaneating, she posts the best of the best of the clean eating recipes and she keeps it simple. Winning! I finally got around to trying over night oats. It's a dish you prepare the night before and it sits in the fridge over night. No, it's not something UPS delivers nor a super involved process to prepare. Here are Alyssa's base Ingredients:

1/3-1/2 Cup oats (depending on your hunger/desired serving size)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
1/2 banana sliced up
1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla)
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp Chia seeds

Mix all together and let it sit over night- voila! Easy and delicious! This will become a go to for me without a doubt.


I'm working to incorporate a high clean calorie intake.It's something I've been focused on for a few weeks now. I know in order to lose and tone, I need to take in more fuel. It's something I've been gradually working up towards. One thing I've learned from long distance running is how hungry all of that activity will make you. The I need to eat attacks are no joke. It didn't start really affecting to me until I got up into the 7 plus mile range, that's when I find my body gets into refuel mode. Anything under that I don't find affects my appetite.

Sunday afternoon I got in my first longer distance post half marathon. I wanted to get in 6 miles, my legs felt fantastic and the run was easy. I ran slower than normal about at 9:50-10:15, still taking it easy on myself, but each day my legs feel better and better. I get lots of questions over on Instagram about why I start a run in one place and end in another. I enjoy switching up my runs and running to a destination. It keeps me from getting bored, it also keeps my brain occupied, how many miles from this point to this point, I need to reroute here, etc. The perks of living in the center of a smaller city, I live close to lots of people I know, my husband will come swoop me up off the side of the road, and it's easy to find people who want to run with you! Yesterday, I had a predetermined meet up spot with my friend Madeline. She wanted to run 3 miles, I wanted to run 6, so I left my house 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet and ran to our spot. It worked out perfectly, I was able to get in exactly 6 miles, 3 on my own, and 3 with her, then she had a car there and drove me home. Plotting out a destination run can take more effort, but it's worth it to me. I enjoy running somewhere, running to have breakfast, to meet a friend, or to my Mom's house. It gives me a goal, goal oriented fool up in here!


Weekly Work Out Goals-

Monday- 
R.I.P.P.E.D.

Tuesday-
Treadmill Circuit Training
Strength

Wednesday
5 Mile Run
Strength

Thursday-
AM Cardio Cross Training
PM Strength Training

Friday-
Treadmill Incline Training- New Routine from PB Fingers

Saturday-
8 Mile Run

Sunday-
Rest or MAYBE a new class (details pending)

I'll update ya'll on what I'm eating each day for the cleanse on the following day, so expect the Day One meal break down tomorrow. While I had most of what I needed for the cleanse on hand, I still had to get in that last minute grocery shopping trip Sunday night!


Phew yi there is a lot of info in the post! To everyone starting the cleanse today- best of luck! Can't wait to hear about everyone's awesome results! It will be tough but it will be worth it!


Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator





12 comments:

  1. Day 1 Cleanse! Woot Woot! I am feeling great already... especially after getting the fiber drink out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 1, here we go :) The fiber drink wasn't bad for me. I drank it from a straw so it hit the back of my throat and not my taste buds. (twss, ha!) It doesn't freak me out because I know how good I feel when I eat clean and this is pretty much what I do weekly anyway. No cheese for 10 days will be tough. And no cheats on the weekend may be a little rough but I just have to plan, plan, plan!

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 1 of the cleanse! The fiber drink wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but the chunks and texture in it was just ugh not good but not horrible. Also, it says its not recommended to work out on day 1 of the cleanse? What are your thoughts on this? I can't decide whether to just do it! Lets hope you're at goal weight at the end of this! I have a sneaky suspicion you just might be :)

    http://sheerserendipity28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for day 1! Its so exciting to know alot of ladies are doing it with me!!! I even talked my sister into it... and she eats pretty much just cheese and bread... shes in school still.. ahh to be young! The no coffee is going to be the killer for me!

    Random question- are you doing the Crescent City Classic??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the cleanse! Can't wait to hear your results and how you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I read your post today! I feel like I am ALWAYS hungry these days and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with me (ahem, I might have even thought I was pregnant for one hot minute). What you say about needing to refuel when you get into the longer runs makes total sense. I'm at the 7-mile mark with 4.5 miles scattered through the week. Aha! Oh, and the idea of running to meet someone for breakfast or something sounds amazing. When it gets a little warmer out, I'm totally setting up something like that! Hope you're having a good day, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good girl!! Great info one destination runs! I like to literally run errands when I do mine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe actually looks really good!

    Happy Monday!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see y'all's results on this cleanse! You might convince me into it!! I'm just stick on the no coffee thing :-/ but I know you got this!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear everyone's cleanse results! I felt like my IG was blowing up with pictures of clean eating for the cleanse...good luck :)

    ReplyDelete