Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cleanse Day 2 & Day One Summary

Good morning! I feel freaking fantastic this morning! Day one of the Advocare Cleanse has come and gone, and I must say it was not bad at all. No headaches, no feeling weak, in fact I felt quite the opposite. I felt fueled all day long. When I say fueled I mean energized, especially after drinking Advocare's Spark drink, energy booster, in the afternoon. I'm obsessed, forget coffee, get you some of this stuff! 

While I'm tempted to weigh in daily throughout the cleanse, I have to avoid the scale. I refuse to weigh daily, because I honestly believe it's the fastest way to drive yourself insane. I know because I've done it to myself previously- see 2 year long weight loss journey here. That said, I feel like I'm becoming a smaller, leaner, fitter, version of me! The Following is my menu breakdown for cleanse day one:

Mixed Fiber Drink with 4oz Trop50 & 4oz Water



I broke my day down into three categories- 3 Fruits (1/2 Cup serving), 3 Proteins (4oz per), 2 Vegetables (1 Cup Serving)  1 Carb (1/3 Cup Cooked Quinoa), 2 Fats (Peanut Butter 2 Tablespoons, 1/4 Cup Almonds), & Advocare Supplements. Prior to the cleanse I had been slacking on measuring out my portions and meats. Tisk Tisk. The cleanse is really helping me to refocus my energy and really evaluate what I'm eating. I find a simple formula makes it easier for me to meal plan. Fitting in carbs is hard for me since I gave up bread and cheese for lent. I had been including potatoes and rice in that category but I may need to reevaluate to include brown rice/ sweet potatoes or get burnt out on Quinoa for the next 9 days.

I know working out on the first day of the cleanse is ill advised BUT I decided to do it anyway. (Surprise Surprise) The class I do on Monday nights, R.I.P.P.E.D., is intense to a 10, and it just so happens to be my favorite. I had missed last week for the first time in nearly a year due to half marathon recovery. There was no way I would miss for the cleanse. I was conscience of any over activity warning signs, feeling faint, etc. I drank lots of water and everything was just fine. I'm so glad I went and powered it out!


How are you fairing with the cleanse?! Day two is underway and I feel fantastic. I know I can do this for 8 more days. Look out goal weight here I come!

Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator



18 comments:

  1. I feel pretty great myself! I know I had plenty of fluids yesterday because I was constantly back and forth to the facilities. SO pumped that this is getting rid of all the junk and making me a happier, healthier me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome!!!! Y'all are really having me consider this cleanse!!! If you make your goal weight I am so doing it! I have stubborn pounds to go!!! You rock!!!! You are so good about your food! Can you come live with me for a week and kick my ass into healthy meals :) Happy Tuesday Gorgeous!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about some brown rice pasta for carbs? Oatmeal? Just an idea! You're killing it lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm on day 2 today and I haven't gone "potty" yet..should I be worried? I've been drinking tons of water and followed all the guidelines...????? I too felt great yesterday. I ran on the treadmill too...woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for day one being over with! Now on to day too so far so good how about you? So..it says we can have healthy fats like olive oil and I've been cooking my shrimp with 1 tsp olive oil..do you think I should just be using pam??

    ReplyDelete
  6. #beastmode you are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, like you, felt fantastic yesterday (day 1) Except in the am after the fiber drink and spark, i literally felt high on meth. It was weird and uncomfortable for awhile but it went away. I drank soooo much water and pee'd sooo much, and that was annoying as well. I had not heard you should skip a workout on day one, so I hit the gym as well, and felt great afterwards... I came home and got shit done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day 1 was not too bad for me either. Late yesterday afternoon I felt a little woozy, but I'm sure that was the lack of caffeine. No biggie, I survived it! The morning cleanse makes me gag, but oh well, it's worth it!! I'm looking forward to the results so I'm pressing on :) I'm so excited to see your posts and I follow you on MFP so I love stealing your meals and snacks ;) Thanks for keeping that diary open. I did not go to the gym yesterday, I'm such a rule follower.. except when I got home I was upset so I got my bike out and went for an 8 mile ride. Normally I would burn 500+ calories in spin but riding the bike was a little under 300 so I'd say I at least took it easy :) Day 2 is looking good. I'm so thankful I had already started making changes and cutting back, otherwise, I'm not so sure this would be going so smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the first day was great...only 9 more to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting!! keep at it! Do you sell Advocare, or just use the products?

    My Fitness pal is seriously the best! My husband and I both use it and it helps keep us on track as well! Today? I'm suffering a headache from lack of caffeine, but I'm stickin it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SO wanted to do this cleanse with y'all, but with my sister's wedding being Saturday...there is NO WAY I could miss champagne and wedding cake!!!! Maybe I should pick it up next week...I just know you're going to have awesome results, because with your determination, you can pretty much do anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I could ever do a cleanse. I'm not disciplined enough. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been reading your blog for a while now and have been totally inspired because we are similar heights and starting weights, but checking out what you have been eating lately has totally uninspired me. 125 calories for dinner? 1000 calories all day plus exercise? We are tall women with bodies to fuel. I know its a cleanse and all, but don't you worry that you aren't eating enough?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey girl heyyyyy I am wayyy behind on blog reading but wanted to tell you something and ask you something.

    1. Made your egg muffins and my kids even loved them, I put so many beggies in that sucker I feel like I have my very own secret!

    2. I am doing the cleanse too and I can not eat 1200 calories. I cant even imagine it. (this coming from the girl on FATURDAY who shoveled 2000 EASY!) DO you think thats ok? (the not getting to 1200 not 2000 lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fasts are so interesting to me. I don't know how I feel about them- but I am glad to know you liked this one!!

    ReplyDelete