Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What's Next & Weekly Goals

WOW! All of you continue to amaze me with your support and kind words. Sharing this experience has been right up there with living it. I'm still on a high two days post race. How am I ever going to follow this up?! Run a full Marathon, der!

I revealed in my post yesterday that my husband uses an ap to keep an eye on me when I'm out on the road. It's an extra safety precaution for runs when I'm out running the road alone, and it gives him peace of mind to know that if I'm jamming out to Destiny's Child and get hit by a car he'll know because my dot stops moving. haha No seriously, it's possible that could happen to me. Anywho, he knew which section I was struggling with during the half marathon because my pace decreased from a 9:15 to a 10:30 so he sent me that sweet pick me up text. He's a super star. It's true.


The ap he follows me with is called Find Friends. It's not a running ap but it's free (we love that word) and we only add one another to "track" or "find". This ap also comes in handy if you have a bad habit of leaving your phone in random places- I may have this problem. The ap uses a GPS system to track your phone allowing you to grant permission to other users to track your location. Nothing fancy, but it's incredibly handy!

After the race, there's lots of celebrating going on. Back at our hotel, the lobby bar was hopping at 1pm on a Sunday. The champagne was flowing, beers were thrown around, runners were sharing stories, which spots on the route were most difficult, when did they tap into that feeling, the reason why we all love running. During one of these chats, I met a full Marathon runner names Jesus Silva, Jr. Coincidentally, I'd met Jesus at the start line, he was looking for baggage pick up and I had couldn't help him because I was using Mr. Noel as my pack mule. Jesus is one of the most kind and genuine people I have ever met in my life. Everyone in my run group wanted to talk to Jesus, because turns out he was out accomplishing something pretty incredible. He's running 32 Marathons this year alone. Chocolate Milk is sponsoring him to run the entire Rock N Roll series in addition to other runs.

Jesus is sponsored by Chocolate milk to do all of these runs, and all he has to do is get people to vote for him. Click here to vote for Jesus and keep his story going. You can learn all about his story here as well.


What's Next? Now what am I gonna do? I'm going to run the full Marathon, I just need to decide which race will be my first. I've found I need the super high energy provided by a run like the Rock N Roll series. I may pick one of those to run.  I've got three races planned in March, and I'm going to do the New Orleans Jazz Half in October. I want to get faster. I want to get comfortable in the eight minute mile range. To do that, I need to be stronger. More leg muscle equal more power, oh yeah! 

Also on my to do list, Operation Red Bikini. Don't think for a second I've forgotten about Operation Red Bikini and swim pics. My summer vacation is officially on the books. I'm ready to focus on shedding more fat, increasing muscle, looking, and feeling like a total ACE this summer. Countdown to May 31st continues!

I'm joining the Advocare Cleanse Challenge starting March 4th with Skinny Meg and Mama Laughlin. I got my cleanse from my girl Kelly Larrow. Holler at her if you'd like to join us in the 10 day challenge. I look at it this way, The Advocare Cleanse still allows me to exercise, I've been assured and reassured it won't have me running to the bathroom, Mel lost 8 pounds in ten days, and I trained for and ran a half marathon. I can do anything for 10 days. I'm done playing around with these last few pounds, time to bring out the big guns. Look out goal weight here I come! Cleansing your body and starting fresh is a great way to rejuvenate your goals! I did it with the Shakeology cleanse back in August and I felt a-maz-ing when I finished that cleanse. Plus I gave up carbs and cheese for lent so the eating part won't be difficult for me at all. I'm excited to get going and have superstar results!

Weekly Work Out Goals-

Monday- 
Rest/ Recover

Tuesday-
50 minutes Cross Training and Strength

Wednesday-
3 Mile Recovery Run & Strength

Thursday-
AM Weight Training
Incline Treadmill Work - New Routine from PB Fingers

Friday-
AM Cross Training & Strength

Saturday-
6 Mile Run & Strength

Sunday- Rest

Daily self shot. My outfit today is random, because I have a ton of laundry to do. I may have gone on a random day date to the Zoo and written this blog post instead of doing laundry yesterday. Whoopsies :)


Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator







10 comments:

  1. Girl, you are so beyong inspiring. I look forward to your posts every day! Keep up the good work and I look forward to keeping up on your future runs. And you hitting your goal weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are simply awesome and I love how your hubs keeps an eye on you when you are running. Be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY - for real - do the cleanse - MAGNIFICIENT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl!!! Hey thanks for the tip for Fried Finder. That is an excellent idea. Cheers & beers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred will love that app. He's always worried about me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe your hubs is sweet:) great job again on the race!!! Your amazing and you'll rockn that bikini boss lady style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome! Way to refocus and keep ya eye on the prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first half. I've never been a runner and running my first half marathon June 2nd, which is the San Diego Rock and Roll. My two younger sisters are running the half with me and my mom will be running the full. We were already making the trip out there for a girls trip and decided it would be fun. Thanks for updating and the great post about your run!
    www.five27jones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so proud of you! You can just tell that you are still on a high from the run :) I'll be doing the cleanse right there with everybody and Im hoping this will be the jump start I need to get back on track with my eating. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get to where you want to be in no time! Look how far you've come already! Congrats on everything! And PS - your hubs is so sweet! I think Im going to need a pick me up text when I run my first half in April! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally told the hubs that your sweet man sent you that text (cough...hint hint)
    We both already have the Find Friends app...for the same reason...extra precaution when I go out running alone,
    He could tell your pace on that app?

    And I'll be starting the cleanse a week after y'all (my half is March 9th so I'll be starting the Monday after!
    I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete