Friday, February 22, 2013

Weekly Weigh In & Rock N Roll Playlist

TGIF TGIF TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!! We made it! The weekend I've been dreaming of, sweating  for, going to bed at 9pm every Friday night for the last three months for, is FINALLY here!! I am so pumped. I will be out of body this weekend. The energy the Sole Sistas are putting off is straight contagious. All of the ladies in my running group are so excited to hit those big bad NOLA streets. The weather looks like it's going to cooperate, we have a game plan, and I feel so prepared to run this race. My goal is to finish under 2:10:00. I KNOW I can do it.

This morning, I got in my last work out before the half. This means my first ever half training is officially over. This morning I met up with two of the Sole Sistas for our last 5am sweat session,  my dear friends Kate and Kat. I got in this treadmill work out from Pinterest and an arms & core routine. I'm so proud of my 12 weeks of training for this race. I never missed a  long run, however I did occasionally rearrange the short runs during the week for speed training, incline work, circuit training, etc. BUT I always made sure to get the miles in. I really feel that is the most important factor in the short runs. I have literally never felt better, yes,  in my entire life. I could not feel more prepared. I followed Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half training program.


Finishing the training feels bitter sweet. While I miss being able to do things socially on Friday evenings, I'm going to miss seeing this group of smiling faces bright and early Saturday morning! I'm sure we'll continue to run on Saturdays just not at 7am for 10 miles, tee hee! Running updates- I've signed up for two more races in March. Yep, already. Gotta keep the running legs moving. I'm doing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k on March 16th and The Crescent City Classic 10K on March 30th. 

I'm still researching which full marathon I'm going to sign up for. I really don't want to wait a full calendar year to run one (ie Rock N Roll 2014), but the running season in South Louisiana is so short. Basically November-February for Marathons. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm willing to travel!

The right running music is so essential to my success. I'm that annoying person at the gym blaring their ear buds so loud you can kinda catch what I'm listening to. I like to rock out, music keeps me in the zone! I hand picked each song on my half play list for a very specific reason. It makes me want to dig deep and MOVE!

Rock N Roll Play list

Put the Gun Down- ZZ Ward
What About Us- The Saturdays
Better- K'naan
Feel Again- OneRepublic
If I Lose Myself- OneRepublic
Too Close- Alex Clare
Whistle- Flo Rida
Let's Go (feat. Ne-Yo)- Calvin Harris
Cinema (Skillex Remix)- Benny Benassi
Finale (Original Mis)- Madeon
Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix) [feat. Belle Humble]- FreeStylers
Survivor- Destiny's Child
Don't Hold Your Breathe- Nicole Scherzinger
We Run the Night (feat. Pitbull)- Havanna Brown
Harlem Shake- Baauer
Hey Porsche (DJ Shocker Remix Radio Edit) - Chani
My Moment (feat. 2 Chainz, Meek Mill and Jeremih) - DJ Drama
Who Says- Selena Gomez & the Scene
Hall of Fame (feat will.i.am)- The Script
Remember When (Push Rewind)- Chris Wallace
Farewell - Rihanna
Look At Her Go (feat Chris Brown)- T-Pain
Catch My Breath- Kelly Clarkson
Your Body- Christina Aguilera
Who's That Chick? (feat Rihanna)- David Guetta
Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)- Kelly Clarkson
Loser Like Me (Glee Cast Version)- Glee Cast
Blown Away- Carrie Underwood
Fighter- Christina Aguilera
Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) Swedish House Mafia
Va Va Voom- Nicki Minaj
Paris (Ooh La La)- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
Higher (Bonus Track)- Taio Cruz & Travie McCoy
Fight for You- Morgan Page
I Cry- Flo Rida
Miracle- Matisyahu

The weekly weigh-in, I'm up two pounds. Yap, Mardi Gras did catch up with me after all, or maybe it's increased muscle weight. Who knows. The female body is straight cray, but I'm not stressed. I have a post half marathon cleanse in the works to shed this last 5 pounds. Everyone always says the last ten are the most difficult to lose, and that ain't no joke. I knew it was gonna be hard, but I didn't know just how hard reaching goal weight would be. Regardless, I feel trim, toned, strong, and freaking fabulous. That is what matters most! Looks out NOLA, I'm ready to Rock the Roll! WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!!



Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator

32 comments:

  1. So excited for you because I know how excited you will be! I can't wait to run a half with you, cuz um..that shit is happening! Ya'll have fun in Nola and send my love. Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop! I am pumped just from the energy you are giving from this post! Good luck & best wishes this weekend!

    Are you doing the Advocare cleanse that everyone is doing or are you doing another cleanse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle,

    Are you doing the Advocare Cleanse with Mama and SkinnyMeg? I am still debating on doing it. Nervous about the limited food selection.

    Good luck on the race! You'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck this weekend! I'm so excited for you!! And I can't wait to hear about every detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck this weekend! Those red pants are adorable BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nashville Nov. 9th!! I want to do the half - you can do the full. We can get a group. :) I posted and tagged your cute self on instagram and my blog today! shecantshutup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck lady! I can't wait to see your pics on race day pre and post race of course! You will kill it...you are literally more prepared than anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kentucky Derby Marathon!! Saturday April 27th! I will cheer you on and take you to lunch afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to rock this shit out of it this weekend! You look beautiful!!! I hit my 100 pounds today XOXO =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck in your race this weekend. Its going to be an amazing time. I know you are going to rock <--see what I did there...hahaha Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got this girl! can't wait to hear your re-cap and I'm loving those red skinnies on you! You are one hawt Gisele :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck this weekend! I've been following you for the past couple weeks and I've really enjoyed it. I'm training for my first half in April. The marathon season up in MN is pretty opposite from your's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Have fun! Can't wait to read your post on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your energy - I know you don't even need a "good luck" because you are so fired up! Can't wait to hear all about it - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love reading your blog and following your journey! Missoula, Montana has an AWESOME marathon in July...you said you'd travel :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been reading your blog for a while now and am so excited to hear how your half marathon goes. I would love to train for one-I have the tools to do it, now I just have to commit to do it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the playlist! I will be starting a cleanse after my half this weekend too. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Luck this weekend! You look great- don't worry about the weight gain

    ReplyDelete
  19. Giiirrrrrrl -- you are SO gonna rock that half tomorrow!! Can't wait to hear all about how it went, and get your updates from how you first big race went! Good luck tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so excited for you! I can't to hear how it goes! also are you starting the cleanse on march 4 too? Have you gotten it yet? Idk what flavor to get !

    ReplyDelete
  21. So exciting! I need to get my ass in gear, sign up for a half, and do the damn thing!!!! And I am loving those red skinnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woot Woot! I'm so excited for you! Definitely looking forward to reading your post-race thoughts on how it all went for you!

    I would recommend Colorado since the weather is perfect in the summer time but the altitude is killer!

    Good luck, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  23. GOOD LUCK this weekend girl - I am rooting you on....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck this weekend! Will be cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have prepared so well for this race. You are going to ROCK it! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good luck tomorrow!! I cant wait to follow you on IG and see how you do :) You and Ms. Mel are the reasons that I am running and I cant wait to keep it going :) Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO SO SO EXCITED for you! Can't wait to hear your success!!! and I am 100% confident that you will reach your goal time! You got this girlfriend! I am so with you on the music! It played a big part in keeping me pushing through my half! IT'S ROCK AND ROLL TIME waaaaaahhoooooooo!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl! Thinking about you and wishing you good luck tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Memphis has the St. Jude marathon in December. Good luck sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good luck girl. There is a full marathon up here in Wi in April and in September. Otherwise there's some in Disney jan and feb. I'm sure there's more other places but those are what I've looked into! So proud if you and all your hard work. Your going to knock this race out of the park! Boss Lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Where's the half recap? I'm dying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm at work reading all your posts! Ahhh! I'm following Hal's novice 2 also and you met your goal which is awesome and inspiring! Have to stop reading and work! Glad you have so much training info up!

    ReplyDelete