Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Lurve & Energy Bites

Happy Valentine's Day aka Thursday! I started off this day with an hour long weight lifting session and I plan to end it the same way, with a work out! My husband and I decided not to "celebrate" Valentine's Day this year, because we celebrate our love every single day- say it with me now "awwwww".

Seriously, Mardi Gras just passed and my body can't handle another holiday, plus its crazy hard to go to dinner and blah blah Valentine's Day is a money making marketing racket and blah. However, I wouldn't turn my nose up at some boiled craw fish for dinner, just sayin ;)

This is how it works right? Diamonds in lieu of chocolate is totes a reasonable substitute.

Lately I  have been obsessed with these no bake energy bites. I purchased all organic ingredients from my local Drug Emporium and they took me very little time to make- ya'll know I do NOT slave away in the kitchen. Winning! I found the recipe here via Pinterest. They don't look like much, BUT they are seriously delicious and satisfy a major sweet tooth while packing the protein  I rolled 25 balls and packed them four to a zip lock bag. I ate the the last one to make sure I wanted to commit to four later. Winkie wink. I calculated four to be right at 240 calories aka the amount of a protein bar.


This evening I'll get in 5 miles and Friday morning I decided to put in a R.I.P.P.E.D. session as the class is being offered at 5:30am and  I usually only get the opportunity to take the class once a week. This will put me missing one short run this week as I did a class last night in lieu of my run too. My legs have been tired and I wan to feel rested going into my last long run Saturday.

I still can't believe I'm rounding out week eleven of half marathon training. All of the Sole Sistas are getting crazy excited for race day. As much as I'm looking forward to the race, I will miss my running group every Saturday morning. Last 12 mile long run this Saturday, I am so ready!

Ya'll know I had to bring the holiday color coordination cheese to my outfit today! Red is for lurve. Happy Valentine's Day lovahs!!!!


Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator


11 comments:

  1. Woohoo on the half marathon coming up! I can't wait to read all about it. I know you are going to ROCK IT!

    We always plan not to do anything for V-day, but then try to surprise each other anyway with something small. Phil got me a box of chocolates that will have to wait until after this diet bet is over! That is gonna take some self control!!

    Have a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That half marathon is coming up fast for you! I feel like you just started posting about it. Happy THURSDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those energy bites! They are dangerous in my house because the husband eats them like candy. You will rock those 12 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your curly hair. Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happppppy Valentine's Day, hot stuff. And amen to the not celebrating today...we'll be cooking dinner and catching up on DVR. How romantic, huh? Can't wait to make those energy bites. Delish! I looooove your VDay outfit--you're gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you're almost to your last long run? How exciting! I hope you do a very detailed post about the race! I'm so looking forward to it!

    And I'm glad that Pete and I aren't the only ones not doing anything for V-Day. Well, we kind of are, if Netflix counts. :-P

    Happy Valentine's Day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that every day should be Valentines in a marriage!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree Valentine's should be celebrated more than one day! With Lt working on Valentine's we won't be doing anything, oh cards but that might be it. It's cool, we do other stuff throughout the year. Oh, and I am hoping for diamonds this year.

    Thanks for motivating me to get moving more!

    Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentine's Day. Looking great! :)

    I've been forgetting to count my caloric intake recently. Need to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to make those ball things. I'm not going to lie they kind of look scary but miss Elle Noel wouldn't steer me wrong. Have a kick ass run!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl - do you store these in the fridge? Did you double up the recipe? I'm making a test run for my boyfriend and made about 9 out of the recipe from pinterest...maybe I made 'em too big!

    ReplyDelete