Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Product Alert! Calorie Free, Gluten Free Rice

Yes, you read the title of this post correctly. Your eyes do not deceive you. I got my hot little hands on some calorie free, gluten free, soy free rice. This find actually goes to my husband, my grocery store super hero for uncovering this gem. He found this product at Rouse's . Don't ask me what the rice is actually made of, I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is that it's some good eatin!

Miracle Noodle is a company putting out Miracle Rice. They also make calorie free noodles. I know, I know, stop the madness! Calorie Free, Carb Free, Gluten Free, my inner fat girl REJOICED. This may be old news to some of you, but it was really new news to me. Like sending Monkeys to colonize Mars new news to me.


I served up the rice last night for dinner, there was enough in the bag for a single serving for me. My husband was not disappointed, he still wants real rice. I served the rice with left over crock pot pork roast I made Super Bowl Sunday. I picked up this pork roast from Sam's Wholesale, 180 calories for 4oz. This is a go to meal for me because it is so quick and easy to prepare. Simply put the roast in the crock pot with chopped onion and bell pepper fill halfway with water and go about your business all day. I cook mine on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6.


The rice takes on the flavor of the food it surrounds, much in way tofu takes on the flavors of foods it's combined with. I did taste the rice on it's own and it doesn't really have much of a flavor. You shouldn't buy this product and expect to be eating rice, you should expect a rice substitute, and this product is definitely n adequate carb substitute. The only down side is the rice is a little on the more expensive side at around three dollars a serving. I'll be the only one at my house eating miracle rice as it's pointless to follow up a miracle rice meal with handfuls of potato chips, sorry hunny!


All that food for 285 calories and NO carbs. For those of you in Cajun Country- this qualifies as Skinny Rice and Gravy in my book! Winning!

I've fallen back in love with my Tabata Timer, thanks to this post from Skinny Meg at Miss Madison's Charmed Life. I'll do a post tomorrow detailing one of those work outs!

Have you ever tried Miracle Rice or Noodles? What's your favorite way to serve them up skinny style?!

Hope you are all having a rocking week! We're already half way to there :)


Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator

13 comments:

  1. I NEED to get my hands on that miracle rice! Rice is pretty much my favourite food and soooo not good for Operation Red Bikini

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the what? No calories, no carbs?!?! I am so confused. Is this a magic show? (Sorry, I love to quote that line of Hangover 2.) I must be on a quest to find said wonders ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I wish I could find that roast! That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright I will be on the mission the next time I send E to the grocery store;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried cauliflower rice? We use it ALL the time, and honestly the only time it hasn't worked out well was in making mexican rice and fried rice (so I'll have to try miracle rice next time) - and the added bonus is you get in an extra veggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I'm intrigued!! I must find some of that to try!!! We use cauliflower a lot for our rice/potato substitute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh, pork roast sounds sooooo good right about now (thanks for nothing, lunch-time salad)!! I'm going to make that next week! I'll have to look for the miracle rice...wonder if our sad little grocery store sells it. OOH! I just remembered we're hitting up Trader Joe's next week--surely they'd carry it, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My current fat-girl-trying-to-get-healthy is thrilled with this possibility! I'm just hoping I can find it here in my city too! I'm assuming Whole Foods or Fresh Market would carry it? Or maybe even in the 'fancy' section of Publix. I definitely want to try it out though! I'll be searching for it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely want to try that slow cooker recipe! Easy and quick recipes are my favorite.

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm I am going to have to look for this. Oklahoma actually got a whole foods. Yes I am shocked too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just made my day!!! No carb days just got a whole lot better. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For those of you looking for the Magic Noodles or Rice. The company also has a website where they will ship you a variety pack for about 36 bucks.

    http://www.miraclenoodle.com/p-1-variety-sampler.aspx#back

    --Mr. Noel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to eat Shirataki noodles when I lived in the US. Now if only England would get with the times...

    ReplyDelete