Monday, February 18, 2013

Half Marathon Number One- Race Week Goals

It's finally here. The week before my first half marathon. I'm so excited to run the race. I feel prepared and confident going into the race Sunday. I want to make sure I get plenty of rest this week (NO two a days), and I have short runs on the agenda for the final week of training. I'm follow Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half- marathon training program, and week 12 calls for backing off in mileage. Tuesday- Thursday calls for a 3 mile run, followed with two two mile runs. I've decided to keep all of my runs indoors this week and focus on speed training. I've had lots of success with the treadmill work and increased speed in the past, so I'm going to stick with what I know works best for me.

Weekly Work Out Goals-

Monday-
R.I.P.P.E.D.

Tuesday-
Circuit Training
Strength and 10 Minute Runs (4 Rounds)

Wednesday-
Incline Treadmill Work
Strength Class

Thursday-
Circuit Training
Strength and 10 Minute Runs (4 Rounds)

Friday-
AM Incline Treadmill work
Strength Training

Saturday-
Rest

Sunday-
Rock N Roll Half Marathon Race Day

In eating news- I'm still good on giving up cheese and bread for lent. I found these crab meat stuffed tilapia fillet's at Target this weekend. 330 calories per serving and it was delicious  I served them up with cauliflower mashed potatoes and green beans. I also purchased a seafood stuff salmon that I'll cook sometime this week. This was a quick, easy way to change up my meals, sans cheese and bread.


Giving up cheese and bread has been difficult, I can not tell a lie. My husband thinks it's crazy town, esp since he was hard core craving the Chinese Buffet for Sunday lunch. I stood strong and got a salad. I'm going to hit my goal very soon- I can feel it in my bones!

Is anyone else itching for spring? Color? Sunshine? Green grass? Maybe a tan? Last weekend of February coming right up, spring is right around the corner :)



IFind me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!


Daily Motivator



14 comments:

  1. Hey girl hey! How did I miss that you were doing Hal Higdon Novice 2 - that's the same program I'm (mostly) following! I'm so excited for you and your race - I'll be sending you good vibes all week! Giving up both bread and cheese IS crazy pants, good for you sticking with it!

    I am going to go nuts if spring doesn't get here soon. I am counting the days until I am in the warm Louisiana sunshine - anything is better than Indiana right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girlfriend! If you did 12 miles you got this thing in the bag!!!!! and you are right by taking it really easy this week! You will hit your goal with the no cheese and bread that is crazyness!!!! I'm proud of you!!!!! Can't wait for your half I'm so excited!!!!!!!! Happy Monday beautiful!!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring can't get here soon enough and I am so excited for you this weekend. YAY! You are going to do great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Leigh Anne, go!! Glad to hear you're holding strong for Lent! I'm going to have to check out that tilapia. The sea food selection at our grocery store is pitiful, so we rarely it fish. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read about your first half...I have my first half this weekend as well!

    No cheese is craziness! I could probably do no bread, but I love cheese! Best of luck :)

    leangreenmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to rock that 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could give up bread for lent, probably without a problem. But cheese? Never in a million years. Major props to you for giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMYGOODNESS! I am so excited that your half is finally here! You are going to ROCK that. Cannot wait to hear how amazing it goes. I totally need to look for those tilapia filets...that sounds phenom! My sister's wedding is in 3 weeks, so it's hard core diet/workout freak until that day!!! Help keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Major props for giving up bread AND cheese for Lent! I'm sure you're going to rock your half marathon, can't wait to read about it! Ready for spring over here too, too much snow in my neck of the woods lately. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness how super duper exciting! I am so proud that you have got here I cannot wait to hear all about it. I am so totally living vivaciously through you! You are my inspiration, I look forward to the day that I am healthy enough to run a half marathon.
    Well done girl!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring time would be great! All of your runnings posts are really making me want to give it a shot! I'm sure when you post about how you rocked the 1/2 I'll be sold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go boss lady. Definate rest needed. Running on fresh legs is the best!!! No bread or cheese. Bread I can live without but not gonna lie I love a good slice if cheese:) good luck if I forget later in the week! You got this in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Luck this weekend! I am training for my first 1/2 in April! I was wondering what fuel you have tried and which you like best? Also, do you carry water with you on your long runs? I am really trying to get the logistics down! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete