Thursday, January 24, 2013

Who wears short shorts?!

In the the spirit of keeping it real, I have to tell ya'll what's really up with me today. I have a case of that there writer's block. My head is swimming in NyQuil (yes I'm getting/ I am one super sick girl- minor details) so I've challenged myself to talk for a whole post about short shorts. What?? It's January! I know, I know BUT I live in South Louisiana and it's 70 degrees outside so I get to wear my short shorts mmmm kkkk.

For years, I've watched the "super fit" prance around in their hot shorts thinking "Really girl. Is that necessary- go put on some cloths!". I can remember one instance in particular (when I was fat) being at a football party, and a girl showed up straight from her Sunday work out (over achieving show off- that's what I thought at the time) in a pair of hot shorts. All the women were thinking "Bitch put some cloths on! My man's here!". (because all the dimples on my ass were feeling super insecure mmm kkkk)


I even called her "shorts" to my husband and he responded all to quickly "Was someone wearing shorts?". Not so well played sir, but you get brownie points for trying.

Lately, I've had my eye on some hot shorts for myself. Really? So hypocritical... Lemme explain. I see lots of runners out in hot shorts. I got to thinking there must be some level of comfort to these bad boys, and how freaking amazing must it feel to say, "Ya know what world, I feel damn good about this body and I don't give a fff what you think!" I wanted to proudly display that level of confidence. I wanted to go running in hot shorts. Don't get me wrong, I won't be going grocery shopping in the hot shorts- just the running. Getting into a pair of hot shorts became one of my #operationredbikini (check that out on Instagram @ellenoelfitness) goals.

button

One of my good friends from Sole Sistas text me last week- "Hey girl- hot shorts on sale at Academy and your name is all over them!" Oh snap. Someone was paying attention when I said "I really want to wear some hot shorts". Did I really have it in me to run around in spandex covering my butt? Let's be real, I've lost a lot of weight, and sometimes I don't see what other people see. I still see a girl who has a lot of jiggle to her wiggle. (This will probably  be my worst post ever- it's the day quil talking, not me!).

After work last Friday, I decided me and the hot shorts needed to meet. They've been chilling in my closet ever since. I wore them around the house one evening and my husband said "Damnnnn GGG you look good!" What?! Really??? He didn't realize I had every intention of taking those hot shorts to the street. Well, yesterday it was warm out and I had a short 3 mile run on the agenda. Seemed to me like a good time to take the hot shorts for spin. I didn't want to wear them on a long run since I didn't know just how "one with me" they were gonna be.

Verdict? Hot shorts are crazy comfortable. I felt confident wearing them. I even took pictures of my booty in them (come on na I am a blogger) I get it. I get why women like running in hot shorts.  They didn't ride up, shift, or cause any chaffing. They did however get me 5 plus car honks *Toot toot beep beep!* . Hot shorts occupational hazard. You've been warned!


That's all six feet of my late January white self in a pair of hot shorts. Thanks Insagram for the Insa-tan! My hot shorts are a champion brand size small via academy. Operation Red Bikini goal number one is met. Now on to number two- the red bikini.

Because my post was NyQuil induced garbage (pronounce it Gar -bagé the french way. It's funnier) today- I'll leave you with this post about why weight loss sucks from Lizzie at Ugly Pretty. It's hysterical and we all need to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

I even forgot to take my picture this morning. Sowwy. I look like shiz anyway. Fingers crossed I make it to lunch and only have to take half a day off. I hoard PTO like it's the last ten year's trash on an episode of Hoarders. Don't worry about my co-workers yo. I'm armed with lysol.

Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator




33 comments:

  1. This post was great! DayQuil induced and all. I can't wait to be able to rock a pair of hot shorts! You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhhh mmmm geeeee I LOVE your Day-quil posts!!! LOVE IT! Hope you feel better! P.S. You look smokin' HOT in the hot shorts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a dude I wear hot shorts whenever the mood hits me. The best part is when my wife asks me to take them off!!!!!

    but she never means it in the way that I want her to mean it.

    I just realized that I probably should not leave this as a comment but hey it's the internet and its 2013 so send

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a hot shorts girl for sure. They are so comfortable - like your just running nakeeeee. LOL Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funniest post eva! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog and I'm definitely guilty of being a "short shorts hater" - I definitely don't have the confidence to wear them, but go you! You definitely pull them off!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy hot shorts! AMAZING! You look like a hot shorts catalog model for real. Hope you feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am all over the hot shorts. Especially when it's HOT outside. I DO NOT do a race without them in the summer. errr well, I also did a race this past December in them but in my defense it was 70 degrees that day and I wore long sleeves:) Check out my hot shorts in my St Jude Marathon weekend Recap post!

    And you look Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go on with your bad self in your hot shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good for you and your hot shorts!!! you look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great; totally want to get into a pair of hot shorts; love that look & it does look cray comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holla! You work those hot shorts girlfrannnnd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look awesome. You should be proud of all your hard work. :-) And I am very jealous of your 70 degree weather. I froze my ass off running in 10 degree weather this morning. I am cold just remembering it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look HOT in those shorts. I can not wait for the day that I can run in some hot shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hoard PTO too! When I quit my job my bosses were like...wow we never noticed that you had so much...and were kind of mad that they had to pay me that moolah! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and you look fantastic in those shorts! Fo real!

      Delete
  16. LOL, I loved this post. I have a pair of hot shorts myself, even though I'm overweight. Because I only workout at home (like hell if I'm going to wear them in public!!). Maybe some day I'll have the guts to wear them in public, but they ARE really comfortable, and great to wear during my really sweaty workouts. Because I just get too hot in my pants for my HIIT workouts, or other really high intensity workouts.

    You look great in those shorts girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post was so funny! Girl you rock those hot shorts! I can't wait for the day I can wear hot shorts! And you bet, I will wear them proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been on the Nyquil this week too! Awesome post :)

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I found your "NyQuil induced garbage" completely motivating and entertaining. Fist bump for hitting your ORB goal #1! As usual, you knocked it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holla Boss Lady! You are rocking those short shorts!!! Proud of you - you are such an inspiration! Hope you get to feeling better lovey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shorts look great on you! Someday I'll be there, I hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look great!! Congrats on your goal being met :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I snorted out loud when I read this post. It is literally the convo I had with the BF. I wanna wear hot shorts and people don't think I'm out in my boyshort underwear. Its one of my long term goal. I'm excited that you got there. Hopefully, I'll be there too one day in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look great! I can't bring myself to do it yet. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so glad I found your blog. You really make me laugh and I enjoy your sense of humor

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I just decided that another ORB goal of mine will be to run in a pair of hot shorts this summer. We all know Louisiana summer ain't nothin' nice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are looking good lady and I may have to check out the shorty shorts myself. With such a great model, how can I not want to buy some?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lov'n the shorts! Excited for the day when I have the confidence and air between the thighs to wear those! Great job boss lady. Now get better stat!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You rock those shorts! And I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You go girl! Seriously, you're rockin the short shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This post was great! I agree about the hypocritical part! I used to think that girls who ran in a sports bra were just slutty. But I am not going to lie, if I look good enough to run in a sports bra, I will probably try, at least once!

    ReplyDelete