Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekly Weigh In & Super Food Ideas

Good morning!! It's Friday, and I'm still sick. However now I'm quarantined. I'm at home with the flu/viral gra-doo. Not fun, however it is that time of year, and the sick is making it's way around my office. Knocking door to door taking down each and everyone of us one at a time, "It's your turn now suckaaaa".

This bug really messed with my work out schedule this week. Yesterday I crawled into bed at 4:45pm, yet I was still hopeful to get in my Friday  morning gym session. No go crazy lady. I am hopeful I'll still be able to run tomorrow morning for my 8th long run of half marathon training. However, I won't make my self sicker to do it. We shall see.....

Weekly weigh in time. I was really scared to weigh in this week considering how much fun I had this past weekend and missing a work out, however, I lost .2 which at this stage in the game for me is significant so whatever I'll take it. 3.7 pounds to goal. Slow and steady wins the race right?

I've tried a few new gluten free meals this week I'd like to share with ya'll. I've been getting really creative with my gluten free super foods, and everything I prepare is quick and easy. I'm not the kind of girl who likes to spend a lot of time in the kitchen doing prep work or slaving over super involved recipes. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

New Favorite-
4oz Grilled Chicken
6 tablespoons egg whites
1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
One large handful spinach
Half chopped bell pepper
One Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Saute spinach, bell pepper, olive oil in a medium sauce pan.
Add egg whites
Add cooked and diced chicken and quinoa
Season to taste
 
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti with Turkey Italian Sausage
 
 
 Mid Morning Snack- Raspberry (new flavor) 80 calories Greek yogurt


Afternoon Snack- Think Thin Bites 100 Calories. These come in two flavors  Chocolate Toffee Nut (FAVORITE) and Cookies & Cream. These are great if you're saving calories for a big dinner or can't get in a work out. Visit Think Thin online to find a store near you!

 
I tried this snack yesterday in honor of National Peanut Butter Day. I made a serving of Chocolate PB2 and combined with banana and fat free Reddi Whip. I got this idea from Renee at Tales of a Carnivore on Facebook! Go give her a like- I mean hello we all need more ideas like this! Yum!
 
 
I hope you're all having an awesome week and no one else gets cursed with the sick! Now excuse me while I go park it at the walk in clinic and beg them to hit me up with a shot. See ya later Sick!
 
 
Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Hey it's a loss girl - that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made quinoa last night too! I'm going to have to try your recipe! Congrats on the loss! and I hope that shot makes you feel better for tomorrow's long run! Get better sista!!! Happy Friday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, sorry you got the flu. No bueno. That chicken and quinoa dish looks really good, I'm definitely going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to try the Quinoa recipe this weekend!! Hope you get feeling better! Also the slow and steady way is the healthy way!!! You are so close, keep pushin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you feel better ASAP! I had the case of the crud a few weeks back. Mine wasn't the flu, it was just viral. They gave me a steroid shot and...YOWIE!!! It was the most painful one I have ever had. It had extra burn or something. Even though it still hurt 30 minutes later, I was already feeling better and I hope the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going around the blog world too! I've been sick, and I'm suffering at work! Get some rest and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out and please take care of yourself! Rest and drink plenty of fluids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GIRL, I sure hope you get to feeling better! Poor thing. That's just miserable. I cannot wait to try that egg/chicken/quinoa scramble...gonna try it later today, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chocolate PB2. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon!! Being sick is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm just getting over my cold..hope that comes soon for you too!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I'm feeling you! I've been sick for two weeks and barely drudging into work. Holla for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better! And a loss is a loss! Pb2 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon girl! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The remix version of "aint no buddy have time for that" always makes me laugh.

    I hope you feel better soon! When I'm stuck indoors, Youtube always gives me hours of endless entertainment lol!

    This recipe sounds yum :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your gluten free meal recipe - I might try that this weekend! I hope you feel better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found your blog yesterday and I have to say I love you! Haha! I wish I started following a long time ago! I was also wondering if you have ever done a post of what you typically eat in a day? I know every one is different... but I love reading about everyones diet! Thanks for the motivation! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boo for sickness! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about the sickness :( that's never fun! And I love that quinoa/chicken/spinach/egg whites combo - looks delicious and filling! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You go, girl!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I tried this quinoa recipe for lunch today and it was great! so quick and easy to make...will definitely make it again :)

    ReplyDelete