Friday, January 4, 2013

Weekly Weigh In: Back in Action!

WOOP WOOP! It's already Friday! Yahooooos for a short work week! The holidays were rough over here ya'll. I ate a lot, I drank a lot, and after last week's weigh in- I forced myself to get my shit together. I did splurge on Monday (NYE) with carbs, candy, and booze, (trifecta of empty calories) BUT I got right back on the horse Tuesday. Once again running and no carbs saved my tush.

I'm on no carbs day four post holiday destruction womp womp womp..... Last week's weigh in was ugly. Remember? I got pimped slapped with THREE pounds?! Well guess what?! I'm back where I started before the holidays- only four pounds to goal. I no longer feel like a busted can of biscuits, thanks clean eating and exersise! Appreciate ya!

True confession time: running has not been fun in recent weeks. The time change makes it difficult to get in runs after work, the weather has been miserable (cold, rainy) and battling injuries has been a major set back. I took out my weekly runs last week and let my injuries rest. While injuries have taken a toll on my run time, I'm finally enjoying running again. It's no longer painful. Between last Saturday's 7 mile run and last night's 4 miler, I feel great. Previously, I'd been taking Motrin nearly everyday  so that I could get in these runs. Which scared me. Call me a dirty hippy but I don't want to be dependent on meds. For more than a week now- zero Motrin.

Last night, I had one of those runs. One of those runs that reminds me why I love pounding away at the pavement. It started off about as bad as it can get. I had a stage four case of the "don't wants". I couldn't warm up, my ap was giving me trouble, and I was annoyed. I kept having these negative thoughts on constant repeat- How are you ever going to run a half marathon when you're struggling with this four miler? Why did you sign up for this? This is miserable. My legs hurt. I'm cold. Blah blah blah- negative Nancy all up in my kool aid yo!

Somewhere around mile two- Pandora fed me the song I needed to hear.

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

You could be a hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

Yeah do it for your people
Do it for your pride
How you ever gonna know if you never even try

Do it for your country
Do it for your name
Coz there gon be a day when your

Sitting in the hall of fame
And the world is gonna know your name
Coz you burn with the brightest flame
And the worlds gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/the-script-hall-of-fame-lyrics.html ]
Be a champion


Hall of Fame- The Script

Those last two miles were easy peasy. The negative melted away and I ran. I ran for the feeling, I ran for my last four pounds to goal, I ran for the half, I ran for my pride, I ran for me, and I was reminded why I really love to run.


Legs/ Booty Work-
Alternating forward lunges with 20lb weight (10 per leg)
20 Kettle bell swings (20lbs)
Alternating backwards lunges (20lb weight)
20 Pulses per leg
Repeat previous two three times
20 Squats (20 Squat Pulse) 2 Sets
Bench Step Ups with 14lb weight (2 sets of 20 per leg)
All fours (20 glute lifts with pulse per leg)
15 Fire Hydrates Per Leg
15 Forward Circles
15 Backwards circles

Core Work-
3 sets of 10 incline sit ups with 10lb weight
three sets of 15 upside down Bosu Ball Plank to knees
30 Oblique V-Ups Per Side
1 Minute Plank

Friday Morning Sweaty Session

30 Minutes Elliptical Trainer

Arms-
Two Sets of 18
Chest Press on Ball
Reverse Flys
Bicep Curls
Bicep Burn Outs
Upside Downs

Two Sets of 5 80lb Lat Pull Downs

20 Minutes Stair Master

Core-
20 Ball Pulses with 12lb weight
50 Crunches on Ball
15 Leg Extensions (Standing Ab Machine)
15 Leg Pull Ups (Standing Ab Machine)
Alternation Knee Elbow on ball with 12lb weight (15 per side)
20 High Plank Pulse
20 Low Plank Pulse
20 Rolling Planks
1 Minute Plank



Week 5 Half Marathon Training = Feeling like a Champion! Bring on the 8 miler Saturday!

Ah and how could I forget? Killing it with my pull up assist! Always have a goal to work towards-


Phew, I'm tired just reading back about all that shiz. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend! 

OOTD-



Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator







27 comments:

  1. Looks like you "pimp slapped" those 3 lbs back to where they belong...no where near you! Love the OOTD today..The Limited? Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl look at those guns. I'm glad you found your love for the run. Getting in our heads can mess with us royally. Good for you for sticking to it like a champ!! Have a great run this weekend. Thinking I will join you in spirit in a 6 or 7 miler. Woohoo. Have a fabulous weekend. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts this week have me itching to get back in the gym! I woke up this morning feeling like myself, hip hip hooray! I am going to menu plan and head to the store either tomorrow or Sunday, and then I will do another 5 day no carb challenge. Your arms are looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are such an inspiration! What a workout!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so awesome! You're making me want to run.

    Also, "busted can of biscuits" is pretty much the best phrase ever, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your daily motivator! Not that you're not ALREADY a daily motivator but a picture and a quote always helps! :)

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you boss lady! Working it hard for the money, I've got a 4 miler on Sunday that I'm hoping the weather here cooperates for or it's the DREADMILL...dah dah dun...Have a great weekend and an even better FATURDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! That is awesome you are back on track from the holiday! That must feel amazing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pull ups - you killer bia you.. Love it. Also the weather is affecting my running - not cool. I want warm weather STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What app do you use that tracks distance time and calories burned?


    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya about the cold weather. I have not been able to run over 3 miles since November. Don't ya love the power of music. I don't know how people run without it. Your arms look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you ever consider doing a "mini" video of your workouts? Just to show how to do them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shoulders look amazing! You give me such inspiration, and make me want to start running!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEAH GIRL! Leave it to you to turn that nasty Negative Nancy into a Positive Patty. That is why I love reading this here bloggity blog. AND I think we are wearing the same pants today! Loft super skinny cords in burgundy? I am in love, I wear them every chance I get without being that "pants repeater" girl.

    Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be stalking you on IG to see if you get that bike ride in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heck yeah!!! Way to run it out girlfriend!!!! Great run and those shoulders and arms are looking killa!!! Have a great weekend and a nice long run Saturday! I'll be thinking if you on mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to be a runner. I'm all over the elliptical and stair master but I desperately just want to be able to run. What's the ONE thing you would tell a brand new runner? I've run a few 5Ks but that was almost a year ago so I feel like I'm at square one. Help me out, sister! Make me run!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i wish I was a hippy! yay for no drugs! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cant even do a push up, a pull up? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Keep up the good work lady! Im comin for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ummmm first off, you NEED to come to dallas so we can have a gun show!!! Second, runner's high is the best shit ever, it's what keeps me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so great! Can't wait to workout tomorrow morning!!
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are awesome!! inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the Southwest Salad idea -- I made my version of it last night and measured out the extra for lunches. Very good! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw this on pinterest and thought of you!

    http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=try_this_42calorie_spaghetti_swap

    It's 8 different ways to eat spaghetti squash!

    ReplyDelete