Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Rewind- 10 Miles

Weekend re-wind. Phew yi ya'll it was so busy! I ended the week sick, womp womp, BUT I was feeling well enough on Saturday to get in my big ten mile run. It's wild how after awhile it just becomes what ya do, one mile, two mile, five miles, doopidty doo! I couldn't stand the thought of missing that run. Post 9 mile run  last week, my legs were extremely sore. My left calf was so knotted and tight I only go in one short run last week. I was honestly wondering how I would be able to continue running these long routes leading up to the big race in FOUR short weeks. However, I feel great this week. I'm not sore, and I feel I'll be able to get in all of my short runs this week.

We started the run earlier than normal this week at 7am. I woke up at 5:30 to get in my Think Thin bar and water and headed out to meet my sole sistas! I would not be able to get in these long runs without my run buddy. She helps me to manage my pace and it's so nice to have someone out running the same route and pace! Our pacing plan was to start off slow, get faster each mile, then back down before the last mile and finish strong. To my immense surprise we were able to do just that! Our goal is to have every mile during the half under a ten minute pace. I feel very confident we can achieve this speed on race day. We refueled twice with water and shot blocks on this route. Once at about 4 miles and once at 7.5 miles.

Pace Break down-
Mile 1- 10:21
Mile 2- 10:12
Mile 3- 10:14
Mile 4- 10:18
Mile 5- 9:57
Mile 6- 10:29
Mile 7- 10:00
Mile 8- 10:06
Mile 9- 9:44
Mile 10- 9:37

I did have some issues with my hot shorts y'all.The inside of left leg be chap chap, it looks like I got mauled by a baby tiger. It ain't cute. I'll need to get my hands on some body guild if I plan to wear these shorts for the half. Overall, this run was fantastic. I never felt tired or fatigued, and I did not tank out at the end of the run, that's all thanks to Kat for pacing me! Consequently, we maintained steady pace throughout the run and finished strong. I'm really proud of this run! Double digits bay bay!


Saturday may have been one of the longest days of my life. After the ten mile run, I randomly decided to pay my good friend Susannah a visit for a sister from another misters night out in NOLA. It's full on Carnival time there ya'll, another decision to file under YOLO! I ate really well all day, and three of us split an appetizer for dinner. No late night grubbing took place either. As far as drinking calories go, I didn't even try to keep track. Eeekk. I'll just worry about that later...


Disclaimer- No Sweater puppies were exposed in the acquisition of beads or boas. We got skillz.

Was running ten miles and spending the night in NOLA coming off of a helluva cold the smartest thing I've ever done? Ummm no, but it was fun!

Weekly Work Out Breakdown-

Monday-
RIPPED

Tuesday-
3 Mile Run
Strength

Wednesday-
5 Mile Run
Strength

Thursday-
3 Mile Run
Strength

Friday-
Cross Training

Saturday-
10K Pace Run

Sunday-
Rest

Back to work! Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend!



Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator


19 comments:

  1. What do you do on your crosstrain days??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration! I hope to be able to have your stamina sometime in the next year! Also, sweater puppies? HAHA you crack me up! I also LOVE your daily motivators! Keep up the good work girl!

    Also, my blog is finally up! I even gave you a lil shout out! Go check it out and thanks for everything girl!

    http://sheerserendipity28.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the motivation for today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE your shirt "I don't sweat, I sparkle!" haha love it. I need to get me one of those! "sweating for the wedding" :) great job, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 10 miles! thats AMAZING!!!!! did you wear compression socks for your 9 miler too? I dont typically wear them while running, but love them for after!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have your same sweater and I cannot figure out how to wear it without looking frumpy! I never would have thought to belt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go girl! and all after being sick. You're a pure rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DANG no sweater puppies - hahaha:) WTG on the 10 miles and yes hot shorts will chap ya if you don't get the compression one's with that elastic at the bottom. Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10 MILES!!! You are awesome, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed by your pace! And to maintain that for TEN miles?? Crazy! You're like my running idol. My long run this weekend will be five miles. Snore. How's that for doopity doo?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that cozy white sweater!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. 10 Miles is awesome!! And after being sick? Good for you!

    Love your daily motivators at the end of every blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go! You're going to do so great at the 1/2. You're so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I was suppose to do an eight mike run on sat and while I was out I felt amazing and decided to add on two more for an even ten! Mine was no where your speed but felt great none the less!! Grat job in your run and awesome time. So sorry about the chaffing. It sucks. Good to know even fit girls like yourself get a little rub. That sounds way dirtier than it should but you know what I mean! Ha. Keep up the great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog and i love it! You're story and hard work is so inspiring! I am currently working my goals to get thin & fit! I love all your motivators and I cannot wait to keep reading!!

    Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweater puppies! Hahaaaa! You're only the second person I've ever heard use that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did an 8 mile run this weekend...scared of my 10 miles in a few weeks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job on not falling off the wagon too bad Saturday night. And I may hhave to copy your schedule for the rest of the week. I am re-motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your "daily motivators" and that sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete