Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spaghetti and Bachelor Week 3

Good morning all my people! I am back on track following my True Confession Monday about my down and out Sunday. I cut out simple carbs yesterday and today I feel like myself again. PHEW! Last night I served up Super Skinny Spaghetti for dinner. I usually make spaghetti with lean ground beef, but I decided to sub that out for Italian Turkey Sausage I found over the weekend. My spaghetti was the bomb.com. I removed the sausage from the casing and browned the meat while allowing my spaghetti squash to bake. This meal takes me roughly 30-40 minutes to prepare and the bulk of that time is spent waiting on the spaghetti squash to cook. I like quick easy meals that I can prepare as soon as I hit the door after my evening work out. Simplicity is key to success for me.


Friday, I told ya'll about a dilemma I've been facing regarding getting enough fat in my daily diet while avoiding too much protein. I've been using peanut butter to get in my fat daily, however peanut butter is protein heavy, and I've been consuming lots of protein heavy foods lately. Too much protein = weight gain. While I haven't gained weight, I believe the amount of peanut butter I've been eating has been holding me back on the scale. I'm subbing out peanut butter this week for natural almonds which I bought individually packaged in 100 calorie packs. I like for all of my meals and snacks to be portioned out and individually packaged. This makes portion control simple and removes the temptation to over eat.

As a weight loss blogger, I'm pretty sure I should be tuning into watch the Biggest Loser on Monday nights, but I've had a long standing sick addiction to the Bachelor. It's so bad it's good, and I can't stop watching.

SPOILER ALERT! Sometimes I literally feel uncomfortable watching this show. Other times, I can't believe I'd ever think of jumping ship. 30 seconds into the show last night bachelor Sean was running around looking all kinds of hot sexy man shirtless in the gym. THANK YOU ABC!

This picture is ridiculously odd and awkward. I love it

However, the sweet shirtless moment would soon be over shadowed by the horribly awkward that is this show. Insert a three plus minute on screen kiss, because who doesn't want to start setting world records on national television with a man who is dating 20 something other chicks. GAH. I felt so bad for my girl Leslie. That must have been horribly awkward. She is still one of my favorites, and I'm dying to know where she got that adorable pink lace number she had on.


Then there are the girls who are cast for ratings, because they are so crazy the other women are afraid of them. There are two stage 5 clinger crazy girls that stand out to me:


Tierra. I'm 99% convinced she faked a fall down the stairs in a bid to be the damsel in distress. Additionally, the previews of her crying and hysterical in upcoming episodes are legitimately frightening. I don't think she realizes she didn't sign up to be a Disney Princess, Sean isn't Prince Charming and you aren't trapped in a tower awaiting rescue,  it's the Bachelor. Drink some wine and get in line girl.


Amanda. She's plotting something and it ain't good. Everyone at ABC should be afraid.

Do you watch the Bachelor? Who are your favorites??

Heading into work this morning, no longer feeling like a busted can of biscuits- thank you clean eating an exercise. Always saving the day! On the agenda this afternoon- 3 mile run and strength training. Let's get it!



Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator






24 comments:

  1. I thought that lowering my carbs and upping my protein would help me lose weight. Do you notice your weight going up with increased protein?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on with the 2 crazies in the bachelor house! I love Leslie's dress too, so cute! I think the beginning of the show is so awkward. He is so deep in thought working out and showering. I enjoy the view though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda is seriously scary. Those faces she made the first, or was it 2nd episode. Seriously, those girls are lucky they all made it out alive. I'm undecided on who's my fav. I liked Kacie B but we saw how that went!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total freaking bachelor addict!! I like Bachelor seasons better than bachelorette ones because of all the crazy female drama! I agree with all of your descriptions. I even like Tierra at first...then she turned all crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Bachelor!! It's my guilty pleasure! My favorite is Catherine. I completely agree that Tierra is bat crap crazy (I'm pretty sure she fell on purpose, too) and Amanda is plotting something evil. She is so dark until Sean shows up... then she's all rainbows and sunshine. CRAY CRAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl, I cook my spaghetti squash in the crock pot - just put in some water and cook on low overnight. In the morning, it should be soft enough to cut in half and scoop out thos "noodles"! That may save you some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giggles to the "everyone at ABC should be afraid." Totally agree and I can't stop watching either. My man is surprisingly addicted to the cray cray train too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness--cannot watch the Bachelor. Just can't handle it haha :) I'm making spaghetti squash tonight so I'm pretty excited about a healthy, lean dinner!!! You look gorgeous, as usual. Always inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry don't watch that show... hahaha. BUT I love YOU do.. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Bachelor and I think Sean just might be my favorite Bachelor thus far! But Amanda...she scares the shit out of me! I'm so glad Casey B is gone, telling on the "mean" girls never works out - why did she do that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just started watching this season after not watching since back in the "Bob" days lol. I have liked most of the girls he's had the solo dates with. Man I missed out on the beginning of the show and only saw the end of the date with the professional organizer (easier to remember their occupation than name lol). The bridal dress consultant was great last week too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMMM your spaghetti squash looks so good, gonna have to try that! I also have a sick obsession with The Bachelor, and I agree, those two girls are totally cray cray! I like Dez and Lesley! My hubs laughs at me because I yell at the tv during the show like a man watching football, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought that EXACT spaghetti sauce at Kroger for dinner tonight! I haven't tried it before. I hope my husband doesn't bitch about it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog and entered your giveaway! That Skinny spaghetti looks YUMM-AY! and Amanda from The Bachelor looks a whole lot like Megan Fox. Is that just me?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to figure out this spaghetti squash. I have been afraid to try it. I think I need a how to video. I'll have to make that for me, and spaghetti noodles for my husband. Love Bachelor, and I can't wait for him to figure out the other side of both of those girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AHHHH, I really need for someone to make me some spaghetti squash so that I can try it. I'm too afraid to do it myself.

    I had to wait to read your blog after I watched the Bachelor. I Love Shawn. I really love Desiree (or however you spell it). I totally agree with you about Tierra. I really don't like that girl....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh I love Sean! and I'm pretty sure a requirement to be a cast member on the show is not one once of cellulite on their body! Glad you're back to your clean self! Happy Tuesday girlfriend XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. This picture of Tierra is PERFECT! She's delusional though and just might be the season beyotch.. and personally, I can't wait for this drama to unfold. Leslie is just all kinds of cute though. She might be my fave.

    I need to hop on the spaghetti squash bandwagon real soon. Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopped over from Holly's blog! Congrats on your success!! I'm on a journey to lose 50 ugly pounds, to start! yikes! I love the bachelor, but I agree, that I'm also very uncomfortable at times!! Certain parts, I avoid watching, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't watch the Bachelor. To much drama for me! We're having spaghetti squash for supper at our house tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are SOO beautiful! and I love your blog!! really an inspiration! I look forward to your blogs and can't wait to be where your at in life!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Sarah! love des, like leslie(ey?) Tierra is buggin!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had no idea too much protein = weight gain. Maybe that's my problem. I've been working out, counting calories and eating healthy but have only lost 4 pounds. i eat a lot of chicken and peanut butter. I have so much to learn about eating right! Thanks for sharing that info.

    ReplyDelete