Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Booty Work Booty Work Boo boo booty Werk

Week 6 half marathon training- My weekly speed training was a success! My legs have been feeling extremely tight the past few days, however I successfully pounded that out last night on the dreadmill. Don don don. I get so bored on the treadmill. Even with a television in my face, Usher all up in my ear buds telling me how bad ass sexy chick I am. I'm bored. However, I powered through, because that's what ya gots to do! It's been raining the last several days, so I may be chained to the dreadmill again this evening. If that's the case, I'm doing another round of speed training, and pushing off my four mile run to Thursday. I really think I'd go insane trying to run four miles on the treadmill. The clock just ticks ticks ticks right there in front of your face. The little dots slowly beep around the track and with each little bubble I'm left wondering how on Earth anyone would prefer running on the human hamster wheel over the big bad pavement.

While chained to my biggest frenemey- the dreadmill, I got to thinking ahead of half marathon training. What will my life as a runner be like after the race? How many miles should I run a week? Two four-five mile runs and a long run on the weekends? My friend Susannah asked me to run another half with her in April/May, we have to find one to run first, and of course I said yes, but I can't do another round of strict training directly after completing this round.I want to try something new, something different. I'm itching to throw back in two a days, however with me battling running injuries this seems unwise to say the least. I've been so invested in running, I can't help but feel like I'm slacking in other areas. Post half training, I will return with the two-a-days. These are the ideas I'm tossing around....

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred-  with all the chitter chatter going round about her, I've got to check  it out! I'm also toying with the idea of Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift, complete with 30 day before and after pictures- what's up holla! All of this talk about #operationredbikini has left me thinking a lot about my rear end. I want my bootay to wear a big red smile in my new swim suit not a floppy frown. I want to get those glutes high and tight! I've been working a lot on my derrier the past few weeks.

Last night I worked legs and core post speed training. Here's the summary-

40lb Weighted Bar
20 Squats- 20 Pulses
20 Sumo Squats- 20 Pulses
Forward Lunges 20
Backwards Lunge 20
20 Pulses Per Leg
Repeat

Step-ups 20 per leg 4 big boxes and one little box high. (Remember I am 6'0 tall my boxes need to be high to work effectively- you can also use a bench) Start with both feet on the ground and step up on one leg, come back down and repeat on same leg. I added a 12lb weight with mine. You can bring it up a notch by lunging down with your opposite step up leg.


Kneeling Glute lifts- we've talked about these in a previous fitness vlog. They've become far to easy for me, so I've taken this up a notch by adding in weights behind me knee.

20 Raise Per Leg with 20 Upper Pulse
20 Fire Hydrates per leg

Core Work-
50 Crunches
60 Bicycle
60 Oblique Toe Reach
15 Leg Raises
30 Toe Touches
One Minute Plank

Burn baby Burn!!


Everything I have on today came from The Limited (except for the shoes and watch). I may need to venture out more...

Happy Hump day peoples!


Find me on FacebookBeachbodyPinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitnessKeek, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator


22 comments:

  1. I did the 30 Day Shred last year, and it was pretty awesome. Although, I think I may have a love/hate relationship with Julian. It is about time I whip that DVD out again and get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOSS LADY! I'm loving the booty work. I'm bookmarking this so I can make sure that I have a smile and no floppy frowns come summa summa summatimmmme! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I'm the same way! I HATE HATE HATE that dang dredmill! But its been super cold here like 15 degrees in the mornings when I like to go for a walk so I've been sucking it up and going to get on that dang that. But it really is the worst thing on Earth!
    Good luck tonight on it again but your pretty bad ass so I know you'll do great!
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked The Shred but loved her Ripped in 30. It's a little more hardcore and has more moves so it goes by so quick....well as quick as time can pass with Jillian screaming at you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Brazil Butt Lift. My plan is Insanity, Ultimate Reset then possibly Brazil Butt Lift or a Turbo/CLX Hybrid with BBL's High & Tight thrown in. That workout is NO JOKE.

    Anywho, thanks for continuing to inspire :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ughhhh the treadmill bores me to death too.
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU for posting your workouts on here, they're great! I did your arm workout last week and it was great and next time I'm in the gym sans-class I will definitely be doing this leg workout.

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that you are a serious motivation for me and I'm so glad I found your blog. We're the same age and you're just 2" taller than me (yes I searched around to figure out how tall you were because I could tell you were tall!). I totally get inspired by tall girls.. so hey you rock. Keep on, keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting ready for that RED BIKINI!!! I've decided that after my foot is 100% back in action I am joining PF so I can take some of those amazing classes and be like you when I grow up. You are killing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do some booty work! I love Jillian. She helped me out after I had H-Town and now if I am stuck in the house I will pop one of her dvds in. As always, you look super cute and as gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear we think the same! Who would ever choose the treadmill over the outdoors?! Unless it waa the only option or raining! I don't like my face wet haha! Way to go one speed training! I am also wondering what to run after my half?! I've done 30 day shred a few times i love me some Jillian!!! Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kneeling glute lifts - love them. You are so cute - I love your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've actually never shopped at the Limited, but I'm always so charmed by your outfits, I might have to hit up that store.

    Also, I found a half that I want to do at the end of April. You and your friend should totally come to Minnesota and run it with me! We've got the Mall of America. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Number one: your outfit today is super cute. Wish I could pull off these trends that you do!
    Number two: if you are looking for another half to run in the spring, you have two friends running the Indy Mini Marathon in May....just saying ;)
    Number three: I know you are a Beachbody coach - have you ever done Insanity? Just curious. I did it in the spring 2 years ago and it really did work, but it's not realistic for me for the long haul. I'm thinking about starting it again here soon, but to use it as more of a cross training tool on days I don't have half training.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the 30 day shred. I don't know how I can sweat so much in 20 minutes! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, so i'll admit I just started reading your blog...I know, I know, I LOVE me some elle noel on instagram but you seemed WAY hardcore in an I secretly hate jillian michaels kind of way, but I'm here now!! Better late than never, right?? Now after reading my first couple of posts, I've decided I think you need to make a section just of work outs! I need a cheat sheet haha! I love your work outs, and i frequently plan my work outs once i'm at the gym when i'm warming up on the bike and looking at work out videos or megan's videos from fitness. BUT, I'm just saying... I'm hooked regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything I'm wearing is from the Limited today too. It's my go to store also! Love that place. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Last year when I first started working out after having kids and wrecking my bootay I did the BBLift and Holy shiz it did amazing things for my tush and my legs. I've always had tree trunk legs that taper to feet and for the first time EVER they looked amazing. Ahhhmazing. Is your email addy on your blog? I could send you a before and after pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The whole workout needs to be a vlog... like a personal dvd player that gets Holly's ass to be able to rest a soda can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 30 day shred helped me get rid of 30lbs in 2 months. I need to pull it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you have a set speed training program?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh. JM (Jillian michaels)scares me. I have her workouts and honestly I'd rather run when it's negative temps than struggle through a workout, but maybe that's what I need to do. No treadmill here momma! I run outside only. I hope you get a break in the rain so you can bust some asphalt. Thanks for the booty workout moves. How many reps do you do? As always I'm bowing to your greatness!

    ReplyDelete