Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I am a Fighter

Yesterday I had one of those runs. It wasn't my fastest, it wasn't my furthest, but something about it felt electric. That feeling is the reason I love to run. Runner's High

I started off my 3 mile run at a slow pace for me. I didn't want to let completely loose since I've been battling these injuries, but with each and every step it felt so great that I could not hold back. Each mile got faster, and I felt I could've run it three more times. When it feels good it feels great.

I was listening to one of my old play lists from this spring, pre- Elle Noel blogging days. When I was dreaming of doing what I'm doing now.Running without needing to stop, running for speed, training for a half marathon, fighting for my last few pounds, and here I am doing it. When my thoughts to go down this path it's emotional and empowering. It's electrifying to think everything I've been working towards is right here within reach. When I started writing this blog, hell when I had my a-ha moment (two years ago next month), I was dreaming about something I didn't believe I could accomplish.

The word "fighter" resonates with me, any time I hear that word in a song it lights a fire under me, because I have been fighting, against my self. Against my old habits, because the only thing that can ever hold you back from your goals, is you. This journey has made me strong, confidant, and empowered. One of my favorite work out jams came on during my third mile and I reminisced about my struggle. My fight. Just thinking about it gives me chills.

YOU-WONT-STOP-ME!!

I am a fighter
I ain't gonna stop
There is no turning back
I've had enough

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

You thought i would forget
Lord I, I remember
Oh ohh, Oh ohh
Cause i remember
I remember
Yes, I just quoted Christina Aguilera. Biotch can get me moving my tush.


That's what I wore to go running the week before Christmas. Crazy Louisiana weather.

I did some strength training I found via Pinterest.

PBfingers DecemBURR Circuit Work Out (Squats, Bicep Curls, Dead lifts, 30lb weighted bar)
Olympic Ab Buster- Wood Chops with 16lb weight


If you ever want to try a new work out but don't know the moves try looking it up on YouTube, some hot guy has recorded himself for your viewing pleasure and there's an ap called iFitness Kassie told me about which is really handy at the gym when you don't want to YouTube! 

Who is all signed up for Operation Red Bikini?? My goal piece is a red bikini, I'm evaluating several options presently. Once I have it in my hot little hands, I'll post before and after pictures along with swim pictures of myself from the last several summers. I've always had major insecurities about my hips and swim wear. Continuously adjusting to make sure there's no over "spillage" going on, hiding my stomach, holding my breath in pictures (running from the camera), just generally feeling so self conscience it's hard to enjoy myself. Mark my words...
NOT THIS YEAR!

What's your Operation Red Bikini goal piece?

Last order of business- I'm participating in a Holiday linkup with Sarah at Fueled and Aflame tomorrow- go check  her out so we can all play linky partay together!


"if you're waitin around to see me fail you're better off trying to freeze hell"


 
Daily Motivator
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. I can't wait to join in on the fun of #operationredbikini:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that pic with the bar weight makes you look so hard-core. As the Brits would say, "You're looking well fit!"

    So excited for the red bikini challenge! I've been looking at swimsuits and I'm scared to buy a two-piece. It's the whole point of the challenge, but I keep thinking, "there's no way I'd EVER look good in that." I hate my tummy sooo much! I need to get over this and just take the plunge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the daily motivator today. One of my favorite movies but also a very true statement! Trying to figure out what my goal piece will be for #operationredbikini. Happy Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide if my piece will be these size 6 capris I LOVED in HS and haven't been able to fit in for 6/7 years or an actual bikini. My goal for summer is to be in a bikini, so maybe that...

    Also I LOVE Christina Aguilera's song for running. That song always makes me push myself. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I have missed your blog over the last week...I was MIA on a cruise:/ #operationredbikini engage. Kill it sista!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I am obsessed with Fighter. So obsessed that because it made me feel "I am woman, hear me roar" so much, one time I ran for 30 minutes with this song on repeat. Now, I have to delete it from my playlist because it annoys me to death. This makes me so sad because it's the perfect cardio song! I hope one day my love for the Xtina returns. Until then I will have to settle for the Biebs and Kelly Clarkson (did I really just admit that?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto Sista! That electrifying feeling is THE best! Way to kill that 3 miles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for endorphins!! It's sooo true! I'm ready to kill this #operationredbikini...going to see Kara on Sunday and hoping she'll pose in a "before" bikini pic with me...it's not intimidating with a sista. Hopefully we can get someone to photoshop all of us on a operationredbikini cruise in May together. Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the freeze in hell quote....now if I could just make that accurate for my training! lol

    ReplyDelete