Monday, December 3, 2012

Half Marathon Training Week 1

Alright ladies and gents- it's finally here. Week one of half marathon training. I run with Personally Fit's Sole Sistas, and we have our first group run this coming Saturday morning. It's a four mile run. This ain't no big thang for me as I did this run this past Saturday just for fun to see how my foot and hip would cooperate. I plan to follow the training program to the minute degree, just as I did with 10k training, and I should attain my first half marathon goal of completing the run under 2:15:00. I picked this time because it seems attainable for me, my longest run distance thus far was 7 miles, and I felt like I could run more easily. I'm not saying I think the half will be easy to complete, but I'm not afraid of the run. I'm not worried or anxious, I am excited to start training.

My group is following Hal Higdon's Novice 1 training schedule, however the trainers have allowed me to be difficult and follow Novice 2 training. The biggest difference between the two programs is the distance each long run per week pushes out. Novice 1 training has a longest run of 10 miles, Novice 2 has a longest run of 12 miles. Since I already have the longer mileage, it's more beneficial for me to push further on my distances.

I ran 4 miles with Princess Consuela Banana Hammock on Saturday morning. I had to get in this run for two reasons: A. I knew I was going to treat my body like a trash can Saturday night, and B I wanted to test my injuries before half marathon training starts. We run at different paces which was great for me to bring down my speed, focus on my form, and prevent further injury. I felt pain free the entire run. Listening to my body and focusing on not swinging my arms all over the place like a dang monkey lady really worked for me.

Boss Lady Agenda this week:

Monday-
R.I.P.P.E.D
No Carb Day

Tuesday-
3 Mile Run
30 Minute Cross Training
Carb Day

Wednesday-
3 Mile Run
Butts & Guts
No Carb Day

Thursday-
3 Mile Run
30 Minutes Cross Training
Carb Day

Friday-
AM Cross Training
No Carb Day

Saturday-
4 Mile Group Run & Core Strength
Carb Day

Sunday-
Rest
No Carb Day

I can not tell a lie. My weekend of gluttony was fabulous. I dove head first and grabbed all the calories I could get my hands on on the way down. While it was glorious, I must say I crave my routine. Back at it this morning!


Off to work I go- In 70 degree weather. So much for December!

 
Daily Motivator





10 comments:

  1. You're training for the RNR half, right? Today starts training for me too! I am following Novice 2 also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good as ALWAYS lady.. YAY for training - I start up in January. HUZZAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine running a half marathon. I might pass out just thinking about it! Haha. And we are in the 60's here in Mass. Definitely not December weather. I need snow. Stat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. new to your blog. Good going girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the words of Jessica Spano, "I'm sooooo excited, I'm so excited...I'm soooo.....SCARED"

    lol kidding (kinda.) But cannot wait to get our run on! Operation Red Bikinis in full affect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to rock the 1/2! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking that you have probably already blogged about this before...but I can't find it so I thought I'd ask....what do you eat on no carb days? I have said a million times that I am going to do this again, but I never have enough meals that I can think of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to following along your half training! Ours is in May so training will officially begin in Feb - but I'm not slacking until then! Gotta be in tip top shape!! I am nervous though because my foot is bothering me after 3.1 miles on Saturday...so trying to take it easy and only run every other day :(

    I loved the pics of the Dirty Noel party! It looks like you all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is an aggressive goal! I'm sure you'll kick butt at training! So excited to read all about it, you running machine!!

    ReplyDelete