Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dirty Noel 2012- Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle!

Faturday has come gone. It was glorious. It lived up to all the hype and then some! Last night, Mr. Noel and I hosted our annual, well bi annual, ok it happened once before, holiday party. I know it's only a matter of time before I'm swimming in all things "Noel" Christmas themed, and I am going to run it into the ground. All in the name of having fun of course. I even picked out a sweater with "Noel" on it! Yes, Mr. Noel is wearing a Justin Bieber Santa hat, yes, he bought that all on is own. Oh and he's wearing flip flops. Because it was 70 something degrees outside. Thanks Louisiana.Let's be honest, I was just happy he didn't wear short pants, aka shorts.


We had a group of about 20 of the funnest people I've ever been around. There was none of that awkwardness, ya know when you first go to a party and everyone's looking around at each other trying to figure out what to talk about, or wondering if they really fit in with the group, trying to figure out if there's any taboo subject matter not to bring up, or blah blah who knows why we do the crazy things we do. None of that up in here!


We set the tone with this sign outside the front door (Elf not included)


Fly your crazy flag, it is welcome at my house!

I tried not to go over board with the food and make everything I've ever pinned on Pinterest. I usually do a big gumbo for large get togethers, but our space is itty bitty and dat pot be hot. I did an easy peasy crock pot potato soup I found off of Pinterest, I picked up a sandwich tray, and I had a Buche de Noel. (Traditional French Christmas Dessert aka Yule Log). I also had "Ho Ho Punch" (thanks again Pinterest!) it was a huge hit. We went through 10 bottles of champagne. Mr. Noel thought I had lost my marbles buying a case of champagne but it was worth it! Madeline and Princess Consulea Banana Hammock helped me decorate AND they each brought a dip. Another guest brought homemade salsa, and another a chocolate Dirty Noel cake. We did not starve this day!Faturday, Faturday!!


Madeline had the genius idea to print out these props for us to take pictures with, we had way too much fun with the picture props. I wanted Mr. Noel to build me a Santa photo booth. I made several requests and each was denied. Basically he thinks I'm a crazy lady, but the people like taking pictures! Maybe next year...

 Momma Elle Noel

We had a contest for the best "worst" tackiest Christmas outfits. With a ten dollar gift card on the line, I knew my friend's would bring their A game. Let's Look at the winners, first and second place was separated by ONE vote! Cobra came out with a W, he had to for sweating it out in that outfit all night long. I did have the AC set on 68. Hopefully that helped.


Here's a favorite face around here! Kassie and her husband came to check out the crazy that is the Noel house. This was the first time I'd met S, and they are both exactly as you would assume from reading her blog. Do you read Kassie's blog? You need to, she is exactly as you think she is IRL from reading her blog. Kind, sweet, funny, and stunningly gorgeous. We are going to have to make our non-running related get together's a regular thing! (S got hot and said F the sweater. He started a trend)

 

Everyone loves an ugly Christmas Sweater Party, throw in some jello shots...


and white elephant gift exchange....


and watch people get crazay!


You don't even want to know what was THAT funny

Did I mention it happened to be 70 degrees outside? Louisiana. My neighbor was out walking his dog in shorts while I was running around in boots and a giant sweater.

We had a really great time with friends. I didn't once think about the dreaded C word (Calories), but I ate lightly all day, and I went on a four mile run that morning. Pain free- more on that later this week.

We all need days to just relax and enjoy life. The way things are looking, I'll have one every Saturday until next year. Yap, I'm that annoying person who started that see you next year phrase first! If you ain't first, yer last!

Today is a rest day for me. After cleaning up the remnants of the Dirty Noel, I've got it all contained to a chair, and my house back to normal. Now Mr. Noel and I are going to yell at our Xbox Kinect because we're too lazy to reach for the remote.

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend! How are you going to kick off the Holiday season?

 
Daily Motivator
 
 










9 comments:

  1. That looks like a total blast! I'm glad you were able to just relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! & yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh looks like fab times. Have a great Monday girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous Kassie got to come!!!!! I wanna go next year, it looks like my kind of partytttttytytyytyt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a blast! Love the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your party looked like so much fun! I think this is what makes the holidays so enjoyable, hanging out with friends and family, not stressing about shopping and calories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, so much to say! This was SUCH a fun night, I can't even explain. It totally lived up to my Noel Experience Expectations. Everyone should know my husband had to be up at 4am and still wanted to party like a tacky rockstar because it was that fun. The food was good, the company was good and the entertainment was good!

    Megan, I wish you could've come too..I bet your costume would've been amaaaazing!

    And Leigh Ann, thank you for the sweet shout out. My husband expressed concern that his short sleeve sweater look was not captured on camera. I will email him the link to this post lol..(not even kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun! I love a good ugly Christmas sweater!

    ReplyDelete