Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Pictures, Running, & a size TWO

What a weekend. It's been another wild crazy Noel daze over here. To say we have been busy as of late would be the understatement on the century. I know everyone hates the glorification of busy, but let me just clarify, I'm not glorifying it. I'm pretty exhausted. I may not leave my couch today. At all. No judgement zone.

First thing I want to tell ya'll about, I have to shamelessly plug my good friend Anna. She's the owner and operator of Feather Photography and she can do what no else can. She got Mr. Noel to behave for pictures. First I had to secretly schedule our Christmas card pictures this year, and then I had to drag him by the beard to take pictures with me. MEN.  Please head over to her Faceboook page and check her off a like. If you are in the Southern LA area, and you need a photographer or maybe you're like me and you want good quality pictures to mail to your relatives to prove
A. I don't always wear work out cloths and B. I am not always out drinking, give the girl a call. Check out these fabulous pics!

Did I mention she took these yesterday? YESTERDAY. This session lasted less than 30 minutes too. Short torture for my Mr. The girl is crazy fast, my Christmas cards have already been ordered.


Just is case you missed the link, you can check out her page here. Tell her Elle Noel says Heyyy girl Heyyy!

In other news, I went running yesterday. Which you know, because I'm awesome at bragging about myself on Instagram @ellenoelfitness and Facebook. It was a great run! I'm really looking forward to long long long runs. I want to push myself!


Oh yeah, and I lost another pound. It showed up Saturday morning. YAY! 6 pounds to goal!

Last night, we had Mr. Noel's company Christmas Party. I hadn't bought myself a cocktail dress in a long time. The last time I got all gussied up like this I borrowed a dress from Madeline. Mr. Noel insisted, that I treat myself to a new dress. I bought this at White House Black Market on Friday. It was too expensive, but I literally felt like a billion bucks in it. There was only one dress like this in the store, and it was a size 2. I refused to try it on, because a 2?

Um no.

Everything I've been trying on was a 6, but the sales girl insisted, and since I'm overly friendly with everyone I meet, I let her have her way. Meaning she brought it to me in the dressing room, handed it to me and said "Put this on. It's going to fit!". (That sales girl needs a raise)

Oh my gee. It fit. A tear may have been spilled. Utter disbelief.

I took one look in the mirror, ignored the price tag and walked to the register. I wore a size two last night. A TWO. I put these two pictures side by side. On the left, I'm wearing a size 16. That was December 2010. Hot damn.


The response to the above picture has been so overwhelming. In the very best way. If there is anything I can give back to you please please just let me know. Losing all this weight has made me so incredibly happy, the feeling is infectious and I want to spread it around. I want to help others do what I've done. What I am doing. I'm starting to believe my Mom isn't the only one who thinks my story is, oh so cool. I want to thank each and every one of you for your kind words and support. Sometimes it can be scary to put so much out there about yourself, but you are all so kind and supportive, I'm truly stunned. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Don't forget! Today starts the Elle Noel no carb five day challenge! Let's drop some elll bbeess!!!

I've gotten a few requests for hair tutorials. Do ya'll really want to see this? It's ridiculously easy and I'm afraid you'll end up disappointed, but ask and you shall receive!

Daily Motivator

24 comments:

  1. You are killing it!! Nothing like a sexy little black dress to showcase a hot new bod! I'm about to tape your butt on my frig!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE HOTTTTT! I am so proud of you! That is absolutely amazing...your transformation is just out of this world. You are such a rockstar, girlfriend. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an inspiration to hear. I've lost 50 and have gone from a 14 - 10. Hearing your story makes me realize I can make it. And I will. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check you out!!!!!!!!!! What an inspiration you are!! So happy you listened to the hubby and treated yourself! And a size 2?? You can't get much smaller than that! You give me the motivation I need to continue on my weight loss journey without looking back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shiz, you look AMAZING!! Congrats on the size TWO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the TWO!!! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome awesome awesome. Fist off, I love the misteltoe pics. Those are so fun! And a 2!? I was a two as a sophmore in highschool! GOOD FOR YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats girl! You look absolutely stunning, and I love that dress...totally worth that price tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! You look soo great in that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you look amazing!! I've been feeling less than motivated these days, but seeing your pictures is getting me back into it. I want to see a size 2!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

    (And a hair tutorial would be great!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the baddest badass bitch. I love your face. I love that you had to trick Mr. Noel into having pictures done. I don't know why he's so camera shy - they turned out fab!

    Leigh Ann, you are so inspirational. Thank you for sharing your journey and letting us tag along for the ride! I am so proud of you, sweet girl. You are beautiful inside and out and I am so thankful to have you in my life (long distance lover - holla!)

    You deserve that size 2 - you have literally worked your ASS OFF for it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I have tears in my eyes because right now I'm your before picture and I didn't think your after picture is possible for me. I'm totally in awe. I'm new to your blog- do you share how you began your weight loss journey?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is incredible! And you look smoking in that little diddy of a size 2!!!!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Christmas pictures, y'all are so freaking cute! That mistletoe one is my fave :) Way to go on the size 2!!!! The dress looks incredible and so do you - you are amazing with all your dedication and hard work. Definitely someone to look up to! Get it hot stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That salesgirl really knows her stuff because you look amazing! I hope you had a great time and rocked that dress all night. I also love your Christmas pics. You too are such a cute couple and your photographer did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look awesome in that dress! Love your positive attitude, you give me motivation to work out. And yes, hair tutorial please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. size two....wow. I would wear that dress every.single.day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Christmas pictures and that is so exciting about the size 2. I would sleep in that dress if I were you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had a question about what you are considering no carb...I cant give up fruit! If you already talked about this on the blog let me know. Good job on the size 2! I started stalling after coming down from a size 18 thinking its impossible to get smaller...my body isn't made to, but you prove me wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the size 2 LADY :) That's incredible and youre a daily inspiration for this fatty :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so pumped for you! Six pounds away? That is so exciting! Keep tearing it up and paving the way for those of us you inspire, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First, really loving the beard on Mr. Noel. You can tell him I said that. Second, every girl should have an expensive dress that makes her feel great (and from White House Black Market) in their closet. Every. Girl. And not one they hope they can wear someday-- one they can wear NOW. Third, you look amazing. I always thought you looked amazing before, but. But. The confidence that comes with this version of amazing makes you look absolutely incredible. So proud of you and all the hard work you've put into this.

    You rock the casbah.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  23. chick you are AMAZING!!! I have had a really bad couple of weeks diet/exercise wise... I have been making excuses (sick with the plaque, busy, it's Christmas time) NO MORE because of YOU and your amazing-ness!! So as of this second it is on like donkey kong! I may need you to yell at me :) way to go girl, you are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! I stumbled upon your blog last night from Holly's blog. You are freaking awesome! I am currently dancing between a 14 and 16 and started running this year. There are some great motivational blogs, but you hit it out of the park for me. I am in awe of your work and determination. I mentioned you on my little blog today, but linked back to you. I'm just starting on my blog and lifestyle change and it is so very encouraging to read your blog and know that it IS possible. I've always had the mindset that if I could just be a 12 I will be ok with that, but I can do so much more! I've never allowed myself to think that way because 'it's just the way my body is'. I am kicking that mind set to the curb and just wanted to say thank you!

    ReplyDelete