Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Case of the Mondays & Remaining Positive and Motivated!

Yesterday I had a case of the Mondays. Bad bad. As hard as I try, some days Positive Patty goes into hiding, and that stink just doesn't want to come back out. You know what I'm talking about, when you're still a zombie from the weekend because you stayed up until 3:30am and woke up at 8am Sunday with no nap all day. Oh, I'm the only one going around pretending to be 20? Tisk tisk Elle Noel!

However, I was able to get in an AWESOME work out in R.I.P.P.E.D. It's amazing how hard you can push yourself injury free. I was dripping in sweat, I was able to up my weight range and majorly power out all the cardio. I've been taking R.I.P.P.E.D. classes for well over a year and I owe alot of my muscle definition to that class. The instructor who just happens to be my old personal trainer and friend, said "Check out this chick's body! You are muscling up!" I love hearing stuff like that. We all need positive reinforcement from the people we admire, and she really made my day with that statement, because she really knows how far I've come. Case of the Monday's coming down a notch...

Then I got home, and Mr. Noel had cooked one of my favorite no carb day dinner dishes- skinny spaghetti. I didn't have a thing to do after work. That man is a keeper. Bye bye Mad Monday.




I've been getting lots of questions lately about my positive energy and motivation, Let me start by saying I'm not always positive and I have bad days too. Hence, Case of the Mondays,but I do believe it is the key to remaining motivated and accomplishing your goals- whatever they may be. Here's something that is quite opposite to confidence and positivity: fear. You know what I'm talking about, when you're constantly bashing yourself and putting yourself down. You have a loud voice, and you are listening to you.

Throughout my weight loss journey, I've really learned a lot about myself. There is not much I am fearful of these days, because I really believe in myself. I've found confidence, and it is empowering. Here are some common phrases I've been hearing as of late, especially when it comes to weight loss and running,

"I can not run blank miles"

"What did I sign myself up for"

"What if I quit"

"I won't be able to finish"

"Blank person will be disappointed in me if I fail"

"I'm so scared"

My best advice for dealing with this type of negative thought process comes from Mr. Dale Carnegie. Have you heard of him? Self help guru and business genius. I took this course in the summer of 2011 Dale Carnegie Course: Effective Communications & Human Relations/Skills For Success. In a nut shell, it's all about letting go of your fears and building your confidence based on your strongest qualities. The biggest thing I took from the course is this simple phrase, " First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst".

Really what is worst that could happen. It probably isn't all that bad. Personally, I have a flare for the dramatic so I find myself asking myself this question frequently. It will really help me chillax. Turn your negative thoughts into positive thoughts, and you will start to believe in yourself. Negative thoughts take root and breed fear and anxiety. Positive thoughts bring positive actions, results, and build your self confidence.

"I can accomplish *blank goal* and I will!"

"I signed myself up for success"

"I will persevere"

"I will finish. I will complete my goal"

"I will not disappoint myself"

"I have nothing to fear!"

In order to succeed, you must stop the negative thought process. It's incredibly difficult to do, but once you really start to believe what you are selling yourself, the sky is the limit! Really truly believe in YOU. It's the sum of the small things you do each and every day that build and cumulate bigger success. Take each day one at a time. Don't stress about what's coming up the road. Live in today. Focus on what you CAN do today.

I hope this helps answer some of those commonly asked questions about staying motivated and positive energy!

If not,you probably think I'm a complete hippy, but if that's the worst that can happen, I am definitely OK with that!

I am loving my outfit this morning. Thanks 70 degree December weather!


Wishing each and every one of you a happy and productive Tuesday!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!

 
Daily Motivator
 
 

10 comments:

  1. You are so right, what's the worst that can happen? I tell myself that all the time!!!! LOVE the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love today's post. So so motivational! And I agree with Megan, love your outfit.

    Also, major Brownie Points for Mr. Noel! We got some good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great postive message, especially after feeling not so positive! I will have to give that "positive thoughts" stuff a try, starting right now. and also, that outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a motivational post!! I love it! and you are too cute. your hubs is soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE top girl. What a great hubby to cook for his gal. Love it. You are also a great positive force in the weight loss world and you ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely allowed to have a case of the Mondays. You are such a positive spirit and I love reading your blog every day. You're amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris's favorite... Spaghetti squash! :)

    And you, of all people, can have a case of the Mondays. My cases usually last Monday-Thursday. And if all else fails, you look super HAWT in your work clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm skinny spaghetti! I am so glad I found your recipes for spaghetti squash! Also, your mashed cauliflower calls for Tony C.'s and can I just tell you that I had never used that before... and now my husband and I put it on EVERYTHING....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made spaghetti squash for the first time last week and we must have done something wrong. Baked it for 45 min at 400. It still had too much of a bite to it. What's your recipe? Also - kudos for the positive message. I'm a therapist and I tell my clients about the power of positivity all the time. I need to start taking that advice!

    ReplyDelete