Monday, December 10, 2012

Being Sick Sucks

I'm operating on a large amount of Day Quil, yes day quil, because I can't take anymore sleeping. I started feeling sick last night but didn't think much of it, just that I may be exhausted from my slammer jammed weekend.

I woke up this morning, and when I say woke up, rolled over grabbed my phone and called in. I woke up at 4:00, 4:30, 5:00, and so on and could feel the aches all over. You know the fever ache, the cough ache, the "No No No I do not have time for this shit" ache.

Let me just clarify, this girl does not call into work. The words "I can't" , "I quit" or "I just want to sleep", don't taste right coming out of my mouth, but this morning, oye I woke up for all of three minutes to call in. The upside to being sick? I slept through breakfast, mid morning snack, and I only ate lunch because Mr. Noel came home and force feed me my shake at lunch. I'm thinking tonight will be a great time to try a giant vegetable soup. I definitely asked my Mommy to come over and help me do just that. She's the best.

Obviously, I can't go to R.I.P.P.E.D. tonight. I would go and make myself miserable, because I'm a hard headed fool, but the other ladies probably wouldn't appreciate my sharing of germs and getting them sick too.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be fever-less and back to my boss lady business. I can't stay home another day. I already have cabin fever. Oh wait, I can always put in some more sleep. UGH.

All that said, I am sticking out the five day no carb challenge, I'm already more than half way through day 2, and I'm hopeful I can run tomorrow. Honestly, I'm feeling light years ahead of this morning, I did migrate to the sofa and turn on the computer so that's a big step. Right?!


I'm going to work on responding to all of your amazing comments, from yesterday's Christmas Pictures Running & a Size Two post. I am so overwhelmed by all of your sweet words and support. Thank you thank you!


My eyelids are starting to droop again, let me end this before I start snoring into my computer screen.

 Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Oh man, being sick SUCKS :( Hope youre feeling better soon - I dont know about you but this 70 degree weather one day and 30 the next is making everyone sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You rest up as long as you need to, y'hear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get better soon hun! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better Boss Lady! And there is nothing like your mamma taking care of you...no one can compare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sincerely hope you feel better! Being sick is for the birds! And MAJOR kudos for keeping up on your challenge! Still bossin' it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that last week...and the week before! It was awful, it made two rounds around our house! feel bettaaa sissstaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better! I'm sure you'll be back at it in no time!

    ReplyDelete