Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Battling Injuries & Christmas Preperation

Good morning ya'll!! Today is my Wednesday, I could not be more excited! I haven't had any significant time off since our summer vacation in June and this girl needs, literally needs, a break. It's been wild and crazy wrapping up the end of the year. Don't worry though, I will continue to post on my regular schedule, no plans to abandon the blog OR my mission. (Update- FOUR pounds to goal!)

Kassie is posting Operation Red Bikini details this morning and you do not want to miss out on the opportunity to participate in this challenge! Be sure and head over to check that out this morning!

I'm on Week 3 of Half Marathon Training and I'm still battling injuries. I think I'm going to end up being one of these runners who is consistently injured. Plantar Fasciitis is back in my left foot, but I'm wearing flats , rolling my foot with my handy dandy lysol can, and doing lots of walking to work on that- this has worked for me previously. My right hip is still nagging me, stretching and anti-inflammatory meds to help with that. I've got a three mile run this evening that I am determined to complete.

Yesterday evening, My regularly scheduled R.I.P.P.E.D. class was replaced with a Cardio Fusion class, I was a little skeptical at first because this creature of habit doesn't like change, but I LOVED the class. The instructor combined step aerobics and weight training for an awesome sweaty combination, my arms are sore today. Hooray! I love that feeling, getting to be stronger smaller version of me. Changing up your regular routine can be just the trick to get you moving again! I picked up a salad after the gym, had to rush home so as not to miss any of the Gossip Girl series finale!


Who watched the Gossip Girl series finale? Was anyone shocked? It seemed a little predictable to me and rushed wrapping up the end. I wish they would have divided the finale into two parts to make it feel less, hurried. I felt cheated out of time in almost every single scene. Overall though, I'm happy with the conclusion. The Elie Saab dress Blair wore was oh, be still my heart, so fabulous. LOVED it.

No carb day 2- so far so good! Anyone else cutting the carbs pre-Christmas feasts?! I have two gifts left to buy on my Mrs. Clause mission and one stop at the post office that I'm procrastinating. Apparently I've already disregarded my biggest college life lesson- don't procrastinate. I'll just worry about that later.

OOTD-


 
Daily Motivator
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Totally agree with your thoughts about the GG finale. It was really obvious who GG was the whole episode and then seemed very rushed as everyone got married in the end. ha Two episodes would definitely have been great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'll just worry about that later," LOL! I heart you!

    I went no-carb yesterday (gluten-free rice cakes don't count, right?) and it was much easier than I thought it would be! I'm so glad you focus so much on the carb thing in your posts--it's great motivation and I don't think I would've tried it if I hadn't read about the benefits from you!

    Also, I feel your pain with the running injuries. It's not the same thing at all, but these constant side stitches I keep getting are KILLING me. I haven't had a decent run in months and my pace is just pathetic. I'm seriously at my wit's end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope gluten free rice cakes don't count because I definitely had one too! lol

      Delete
  3. My dad is a podiatrist, make sure the flats your wearing have the hardest/ firmest insert possable. You can pick some up at a drugstore. NOT the soft Gel once but the almost plastic onces. Once PF sets it its hard to get over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you again on the no carbs this week. The results from last week motivated me to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. today, you have inspired me....to take off work on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 4 pounds to goal?!? Way to go Gisele! You're kicking it up and keeping me motivated only a week before Christmas. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I no carbing it pre-Christmas. The first day was difficult but I find the longer I go without sugars and carb loaded breads the less I crave then. Which is AWESOME! I've been able to say no to goodies offered to me without feeling that super sad feeling I get when I don't get to eat what I want.haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That salad looks delish!! P.S. you should linkup with me on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got me craving Greek! We should have a Greek food/wine night after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FOUR pounds to goal?! Go ahead, girl! You will be at goal in no time, I just know it! No carb is still going great, just gotta switch up the meals and everything is A-OK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not that I want anyone to be injured but it is good to know that I am not the ONLY one who struggles with injuries. I have plantar fasciitis on my right foot. And a decent knee injury on my left knee - plus osteoarthritis on my knee at 27!

    Thanks for sharing your story. I am definitely following along now and just joined #OperationRedBikini

    ReplyDelete