Monday, November 5, 2012

XOXO Monday Madness

Good morning and Happiest of Monday's to you! How are you feeling about this time change? I really liked it last night, when I stayed up until midnight feeding my spiraling out of control Gossip Girl addiction. My GG addiction has become so intense, I've lost track of all of my other shows. Facebook tells me something big went down on Walking Dead last night, but of course I was neck deep in GG drama and could not come up for air. I could spend an entire day staring down the sexy man Nate Archibald Chace Crawford...oh wait, that's exactly what I did. Sunday rest day, oh how I love you. Special thanks to Mr. Noel for allowing me to be a lazy slob and feed my inner 15 year old with trashy television. Anywho, now I'm guzzling coffee like a crazy woman trying to stay awake. Damn you GG. No XOXO for you today.


Surprisingly, staying home all day didn't lead to mass binge eating and munching all day. I did eat more carbs that a normally do- a bag of lays and popcorn (whoops) but I didn't exceed 1300 calories for the day, so we'll call this a success!

I tried something new for dinner last night. It was quick, easy, and required minimal GG separation time. I wrapped a salmon fillet in foil with one medium sliced potato and a tablespoon of margarine. I sprinkled salt free Tony's Chachere's on top, sealed the foil packet and baked for twenty minutes at 350. I tossed in some broccoli and bada bing bada bam. Quick and easy healthy meal! 285 Calories


Weekly Work Out Goals-

Monday-
R.I.P.P.E.D
No Carb Day

Tuesday-
AM Cross Training
PM Speed Training
Carb Day

Wednesday-
Butts & Guts
Personally Fit Challenge Party
No Carb Day

Thursday-
AM Body Sculpting Class
PM Cross Training
Carb Day

Friday-
AM Cross Training
No Carb Day

Saturday-
10k Cajun Cup
Carb Day

Sunday-
Rest
No Carb Day

The countdown to the Cajun Cup Continues. I got some new running shoes on Friday, and ran in them on Saturday morning. My feets be all ducked up these days. Let's face it, you probably don't care about my Sasquatch feet, but if you're running, you really need to get a good pair of shoes to protect your knees, hips, legs, etc. I think I found a par of K Swiss that will work for me. I was also able to sweet talk a sales guy into loaning me a pair of Newton's (advanced $$$$$) running shoes. Don't ask me how I pulled this one off, I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I ran one mile in them Saturday, then switched out. Anywho, purpose of this spheel- what are your favorite shoes to run in?

 I have yet to get my massage- 30 day Challenge reward, I just haven't had time to pencil it in yet. Honestly, my GG marathon was reward enough, but I'm going to do the massage. Probably sometime during the Holiday season when I think I may age myself 10 years with stress. It's going to be a busy couple of months. Half Marathon training starts the week of Thanksgiving, and I'm doing The Color Run in NOLA with Susannah on the 17th, plus I signed up for another 5k the day before Thanksgiving with Madeline and Princess Consuela Banana Hammock. It seems like a good idea to run like wind before putting myself into a Turkey Coma.

Ok I'm done rambling now, must. drink. more. coffee.


What did you do this weekend? Running shoes suggestions?

Hope you have a fantastic Monday!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
Daily Motivator
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Haha we were doing the exact same thing last night. What are we going to do when our shows are over? I love Nate. i like him and Serena together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot agree with you MORE on the running shoes. They are a must. I lost many a toenails before I went and had my feet fitted at a running store - now it is ALL smooth sailing. And.. once again super cute outfit lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your XOXO title cracks me up! GG is worth watching just for Chase Crawford. ;)

    Shoes...I have 2 pair, and one of them my daughter will be inheriting this week. I kept thinking "they just needed to be broken in," but NO...running shoes shouldn't need to be broken in imo. They were the Aasics Gel-1170's and they have given me horrible heel blisters. I'm done giving them their chance.
    My other pair that I've had a few months now, and should have just bought a second pair because they're so comfortable, are the Nike Pegasus 28's. Love them. I think my feet just do better in Nike's. Part of me wants to try Brooks or Mizuno's next...Aasics are definitely out for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scarf you have on today! My shoes are Asics... I went to a locally owned running shop and had them watch me run, measure my feet, etc. I LOVE my shoes! As soon as I save enough money I am going to get a second pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute scarf! I wear Brooks Pure Connect Road-Running shoes. I have always been a Nike girl, but when I got serious about running, they were hurting my flat feet and felt heavy, so I gave Brooks a try and I love them! For running I don't think I will ever wear anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a lot of races you have lined up--good for you!

    I wear Saucony's. They're Ooh-glay, but they have the motion control element I need. Also, they were cheaper than the Asics I tried (which I looved).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell off the GG bandwagon (not on purpose) a few years back and when I tried to get back on I was all sorts of confused! I keep asking for The Husband to start buying me a couple seasons every birthday, anniversary, Christmas so that I can start over!

    I wear Under Armour shoes, but I'm thinking it'll be time for a new pair in a couple months so I'm asking for a gift certificate to The Run Around...it's a store you go to and run on a treadmill to like have your feet analyzed and they tell you what shoes you should get. Do you have something like that where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will love the color run its so fun! Also how do u feel the switching on and off from carbs is going? Are you noticing faster weightloss? And to add more stress in your life could you post an example of what you eat on no carb days??
    Thanks Hun and keep up the greatttt work! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the color run will be a blast! i love that pic of blake. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the nude heels... And I think I am the last person in the blogging world who hasn't done a Color Run. You are kicking November's ass. Even on your "carb days" you are still killing it, Leigh Ann!!

    ReplyDelete