Monday, November 12, 2012

The Best Weekend Ever Part Two

Part Two- The best weekend ever.  For those of you who don't know- I'm a complete Christmas Junkie. Mr. Noel and I always disagree about when it's really "too early " (NEVER) to bring out the Christmas decorations. Well last week, he decided to make a wager with me, if the Saint's win against the undefeated Falcons on Sunday, we could decorate, if they lost, I had to wait until after Thanksgiving.

We had friends over for the game, and it was a nail biter, but in the end, the Saints took down those Dirty Birds with a big ole W. We were all yelling at the TV like a bunch of heathens, watch some girls get dirty with Christmas on the line. The game was super fun to watch.

We made a roast in the crock pot, cauliflower mashed "potatoes", monkey pull apart bread, rice, corn, and salad for late lunch.  I passed on the rice, but I did have some bread. We also made Ho Ho Punch, which I found on Pinterest last year. This is a great light holiday drink. Equal Parts Champagne and Diet Ginger Ale with frozen Strawberries. Mmmm delicious. I even put up Christmas decorations outside, I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy but "If you ain't first yer last!" Thanks Ricky Bobby for those awesome words to help me validate my pre-Thanksgiving Christmas decor.


I got caught up on Walking Dead and shared lots of laughs with friends and family. Is there a better way to spend the day? I think not! I'll be riding high on this weekend for a long long time. Occasionally the stars line up and everything just goes your way, I enjoyed every single second of this weekend. Sunday was supposed to be a no carb day, but I ate some crackers and some bread, I also drank the Ho Ho punch, I did not record my entire day in MFP and that's ok. If I had to throw out a wild guess I'd say it was 1,800 calorie day and completely worth it. It was our little version of Friendsgiving!

Weekly Work Out Goals-

Monday-
R.I.P.P.E.D.
No Carb Day (Making up for Sunday)

Tuesday-
AM Cross Training
5 Mile Evening Run
No Carb Day

Wednesday-
Butts & Guts
No Carb Day

Thursday
AM Body Sculpt
6 Mile Evening Run
Carb Day

Friday-
AM Cross Training
No Carb Day

Saturday-
5k Color Run
Carb Day

Sunday-
Rest
No Carb Day

I know I've yet to do the half, but I'm already dreaming of doing a full. Call me crazy, but if running one 10K can make me feel like such a bad ass chick for two days afterwards, I don't ever want to stop running. I drank the kool aid bro. I'm addicted to running. The countdown to February 24th half marathon Rock N Roll begins NOW!

Still riding on runner's high this morning:

How many of you are training for a 10k? Half Marathon?  FULL marathon?

Hope you are having a freaking fantastic Monday!


9 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I am running my first half in February at Disney World and cant wait for the feeling that you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, fine! After reading about your race and reading Kassie's rundown I think I am going to start training for a 10k. Gah! haha! This must be some kind of contact high I am getting from you ladies.

    Also, I hate to be so needy but what kind of roast did you buy for your crock pot roast? I have been looking at our Walmart but came up short. (Side note: the Walmart in my town isn't the best so it may not carry one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my 10k training this weekend! I'm excited and afraid at the same time, lol. The most I've ever done is a 5k but I want to work my way up to 10k then do a half. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back to running!!!! I used to run a yearly 10k and want to do it again! Help me get motivated again!! :) Also, LOVE that you already decorated for Christmas!! You were super smart to wager against the game. WHO DAT!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I just got caught up on parts one and two. :)

    First things first.... Your arms and legs look soooo skinny. You are killing it, Leigh Ann.

    Secondly, go Saints! I need to make a bet like that with Chris. I still have my pumpkins out.

    And finally, on a serious note... I am SOOOO PROUD of you and Kassie. Seriously. From your journey when I found you guys this summer until now is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats xamillion! You are the shi-at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure I will ever do a full, but I have a 10K on the schedule the end of January and a half in September!

    I wish I had the motivation to put up Christmas decorations... I'm lucky to just get the damn tree up!

    ReplyDelete