Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful for a Plan- Combating the Holiday Bulge

After my wild weekend in NOLA, it's back to reality for me. However, it is only a three day work week, and that makes me crazy happy! This week will be challenging (huge understatement) for weight loss. In the past, I've made chunky girl jokes jokes about "Gobble till ya Wobble" because Turkey coma's are so much fun, but I'm not going to do it this year. Over eating never leaves me feeling like a champ. I've already dug myself into a whole with this previous weekend, and it was worth every last drink and that big greasy slice of pizza. If you have no idea what I'm talking about you can read about my weekend of pretending to be a 21 year old undergraduate student here. Oh and did I mention that I literally ate a medium bag of movie theatre popcorn for dinner last night?


Kate and I went to see the final Twilight installment. I've read all of the books and been a fan from the beginning, however I've found all of the movies to be underwhelming. The last movie really gets it though. I didn't have high expectations, and I was floored. It was a great movie. That's all I'm gonna say, I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen it yet. Easily my favorite movie of the entire franchise.

I need a survival plan for the week. Not gaining weight over the Holidays. It's my mission to prove it is not the impossible task. I'm lining up my no carb days in a funny way, I need to make sure I can have some carbs on Thanksgiving. Let's be somewhat realistic. I probably won't be able to resist a mountain of cool whip with a slice of pumpkin pie. Mrs. Fields does bake it just for our family, she be tight with my Maw Maw.

Boss Lady Plan for surviving Thanksgiving-

Monday-
R.I.P.P.E.D.
Carb Day

Tuesday-
Speed Training
Ab & Butt Work
No Carb Day

Wednesday-
AM Cross Training
PM 5k Gleaux Run
No Carb Day

Thursday-
7 Mile Run
Carb Day

Friday-
Cross Training
Pinterest Challenge
No Carb Day

Saturday-
7.5 Mile Run
Carb Day

Sunday-
Rest
No Carb Day

I feel and look like a hot mess this morning. I woke up LATE, I forgot to pack breakfast, so I had to make an unplanned stop at Subway. I wanted today to be a no carb day but I have to reroute that plan as this happened.

Mehhh, I've made worse decisions in my day.
English Muffin, Egg White, Ham, Bell Pepper, Onion, American Cheese, Black Pepper- 150 Calories

Heading into work. My hair is up because it's dirty, dry shampoo and a pony tail to the rescue. Oh Monday- you are always willing to deliver.


 
Daily Motivator
 
 



14 comments:

  1. OMG you crack me up - your english muffin sandwich looks GOOD to me. I know weekends can kill you - ugh... Plan for the Holidays - tons of water and GUM! HA - Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh, love that "holy shit, you got hot" Cannot wait to walk in a bar and hear my ex say that... ;) and yes, i am married.. but its NOTHING like hearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is in a ponytail too! Is it bad that I am kind of happy I'm sick with little appetite before Thanksgiving? That way... I can eat a little more Thursday. Ha!
    I just pinned that quote on Pinterest today. We say it is for health purposes but we all just want to be HOT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs a dry shampoo day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit you got hot! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Daily Motivator. Love it. I am so excited to see Twilight. I am glad it is getting good reviews. Happy Turkey Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niiiiice!! I too have workout plans for this week to help battle the buldge but mine are not as ambitious as your...I might need to step up my game! Have an awesome week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got me craving those Subway breakfast sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I found your blog! I like all the food and workout stuff, Motivate me! LOL!


    =)


    Your newest follower,


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking about throwing 7 miles onto Thursday too! Here's to squeezing a little bit of pumpkin pie into our current weights! Bring it, Thanksgiving! Good luck on those 2 no-carb days in a row--you're rocking this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have a great plan, I'll be all over on Instagram to make sure your holding to it :) Your breakfast looks mighty good though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Planning out my Thanksgiving meal is my main focus this week. I refuse to go overboard this year! I hope you have a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great motivation for me since I find it so hard this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Leigh Ann... How I have missed thee..... Do I really see a 7 mile run on Turkey Day? Really, Leigh Ann? We were all talking this weekend how you are just so disciplined and on this shit. It's slowly rubbing off on us, too. :)

    ReplyDelete