Thursday, November 8, 2012

T-Minus 2 days to my First 10K

Good morning and Welcome!!! If you're new today I'm so happy you're here! I'm sure Holly sent ya over to say hello :) For those of you just tuning in, I've spent the last 9 weeks preparing for my first ever 10k. I started running indoors in February, no more than 3 miles at a time, then suffered through a painful IT Band injury in July, and forced myself to get back at in in September- this time outdoors. I never stopped working out due to my injury, I did however have to avoid high impact activity ie running, hopping, walking to quickly, jumping, dropping it low (it was rough), the elliptical became my best friend. I had some trust issues with my injury at the beginning of Running Clinic, however I was able to power through. Boss up!

We've got one last little group run this evening, about 2-3 miles, we'll discuss where we're meeting pre-race, get our team shirts, and decide what we're going to eat and drink after the race, because after 6.2 miles of running, we'll have earned a lot of tequila social time!

I got in some weight training this am, my run tonight, and I'll do some cardio and weight training Friday morning, then it's race time. My goal is to complete the 10k run in under an hour, and after my break through 30 Day Challenge Run, I have no doubts in my abilities. Man it feels good to kick those old fears to the curb.


True confession time- I made a wager with Mr. Noel for the Saint's upcoming game Sunday. If those boys in Black & Gold win Sunday, I get to put up all of my Christmas decorations. *Happy Dance* I know I know, it's only November 8th, but Halloween is over and that means it's Christmas time. I'm sorry Thanksgiving, I know you think you get your own decorations, but I am a Christmas girl to the core. Don't fight it when it feels so good!  Anywho, if they don't win, I have to wait until after Thanksgiving. Ba-hum-bug.  Unless, I can trick him into a different wager, and still get my way. I can say these things here, because he won't read this until after Christmas, if ever. Winning! Anyone else obsessed with Justin Bieber's Christmas Album? I can't believe I went all last year without hearing these jams, I've never wanted to drop it like hot to Christmas music before! Don't be afraid to get in touch with your inner Bielber!


Oh and how could I forget- Last night after my Butts & Guts class, I went to the 30 Day Challenge Party at Personally Fit and they taught us how to make all kinds of skinny style traditional Holiday food favorites, but the one that stood out the most to me was a Skinny Rice Dressing, yeah you read that right! I'm going to try it out very very soon, prolly Sunday, and report back to all of you. It was delicious, carb free, and guilt free. All of my favorite things. The more calories I can save for Holiday wine time, the better. Cheers to losing in November, we got this girls!


Are you a Christmas junkie too? When do you decorate?

All bundled up and ready for this Thursday!  Hope ya'll have a full on fabulous day!!



Daily Motivator

14 comments:

  1. I just love your posts. You are the funniest thing and too cute! I am so excited about your 10K...you are going to ROCK it and I cannot wait to hear about every little detail of it. I am thinking about you and praying for you!

    And Christmas stuff--girl, I could put it out in August if it was socially acceptable. I'm telling you--we REALLY are the same person haha my love for Christmas runs DEEP. You'll see this year once I get my decor up...it's a bit over the top, but I just can't help myself. I am in love with all things Christmas...especially JBiebs songs :)

    Looking forward to that recipe...give us some good holiday eating tips!!!! Happy Thursday, pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacket deets please? Love me a good fitted leather jacket.. HAHA I can't wait to hear all about your 10K - you are going to ROCK IT! Man - good holiday recipes - humm? I find it so hard to deviate from BUTTER - LOL.. Love ya sweet cheeks:) Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely going to rock that 10k! I just went and listened to the beiber Christmas album and I am hooked! I've never been a Christmas album person but his is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear all the details of your 10K! You've been training so hard for it, I'm sure you're going to have some amazing and triumphant stories!

    Also, I need to listen to the Bieber album, stat! Pete and I are putting up Christmas lights tomorrow and I've got to get ready to serenade him with carols. It's a good thing he loves me so much. :-]

    Men just don't "get" Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Christmas album is our family fave! I am waiting on Adele to make me one though, that might be a new winner if so! I want to decorate RIGHT NOW. But J does not. Which is so crazy because before me he had his christmas tree up for THREE YEARS! Yes THREE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to kick that 10k's ass!!!! Good luck can't wait to see the drunken mess....errrr....update after the race:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Share more of these skinny fat girl recipes. I have been dreaming of christmas goodies and may have checked Target this morning to see if they had chocolate covered ritz crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to become a better runner to lose weight! You are so inspirational! Good luck with that 10k!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are my inspiration :) I just started running, like this week and am so out of shape that it's hard - it gets easier right? Good luck this weekend and I hope you post the rice dressing - I am also recently gluten free so that recipe sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love reading your posts everyday! And I love Christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am already jamming to x-mas music!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Hun,
    Just found your blog! WOW talk about amazing.
    You are fabulous and just the inspirational blogger I need to be following.
    So glad that I found your blog and I have totally started stalking all your old posts. (Promise I am not a creeper ha ha!)
    Love it!
    Gi
    xXxoOo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I have told you good luck at least 50 times... So now I will say, "Good luck, Saints!!"-- I hope you get that Christmas decor up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to decorate! As soon as I can find time I am putting my tree up!!

    ReplyDelete