Friday, November 16, 2012

I Wear the Pants & Weekly Weigh-In

Happy Friday! We made it! First things first, the weekly weigh-in- Womp Womp. Well not a big ole Womp Womp, but I maintained this week, no biggest loser status to report. However, I'm seeing the silver lining.

I'm wearing the last of my "skinny pants". All of my cloths pre-weight gain now fit again. All of them, including the lone hold out pair of jeans I've been itching to get back into. It's the end or an era for me. I often saw these pants as "I've made it!" pants, the finish line if you will. Now that I'm wearing them, I want more. I'm still 7.5 pounds away from my goal, and that's ok, I know I'm going to get there. It's a glorious day to be wearing pants, the pants I never thought I'd wear again. They've been buried in the back of my closet for five and a half years now, I never could bring myself to part with them. The last time I was "skinny" I didn't have to work for it. I was younger, I didn't exercise, I didn't watch what I ate, because honestly I didn't do much eating, we'll call this phase college drunkarexia. Sitting here wearing these pants this time around, it feels victorious, considering I fought, clawed, dug, ran, cried, sweat, and poured all of my inner self into this journey to wear them. I did it though. I freaking did it. That folks is the silver lining, the scale doesn't know everything, but my hips don't lie, I'm wearing my skinniest ever pants again. Pants that only fit me for two months previously, then I started gaining weight. Drunkarexia is impossible to maintain yo. Eventually you get hungry, and classes start back up so you actually have to study and not go out every night. Womp Womp! (I really miss college)

(Left) December 2007- 20 years old out at a bar (In Louisiana it's legal to be in a bar at 18)

(Right) November 2012- 25 years old headed to work in the exact same pair of pants!

I must say, I feel ten times better at 25 than I did at 18,19, or 20. It feels good to be a boss lady gangsta!!!!!!!


Last night I got in my 6 mile goal run. I felt great. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but a little six mile run is easy for me now. I need to start pushing out my distances, however, having to eat and drink while running makes it more complicated and I can run the full six without any water and feel fine. This will be my next goal, push for 7 miles, maybe I can talk Mr.Noel into following me in the car and giving me some water around mile four. I'm good with sweet talk :)

I ran in my loaner pair of Newton's. (sweet talked a sales guy into letting me try them for free. Boss lady magic) Newton's are all about natural running and natural form. They took a few miles to get used to, because they have a cleat type build up under the ball of the foot that forces you to run in a forward motion. For the first time ever, my run time got faster with each mile. I ran my third mile at 8:37 without even trying. It was really easy. I think I may love these shoes. If you're curious about Newton's you can access their website here. My legs, hips, and knees, have never felt more incredible after a run. My next pair of running shoes will be Newton's without a doubt. Plus they come in all these super fun colors. Who can resist that?

Kate and I had our usual Friday morning sweaty date! We were both feeling extra blah about working out this morning. It's impossible to always be on boss lady fire. Thankfully, we have each other. We both powered through the don't wants, and now I feel amazing, just like I knew I would.

Friday AM Work Out:
45 Minutes Elliptical Trainer
20 Minutes Forward
20 Minutes Backward
5 Minute Blast it out Combo
Toned in 12 Abs- 2 Rounds


Tomorrow morning, I'm running the Color Run with Susannah in NOLA! Yeah, that's right, I'm doing this! I'm sure I'll be blowing up Instagram and Facebook with lots of pics in the am. I'm not trying to PR this run, I'm just going to have fun and enjoy the experience :)



Feeling a little 80's classic movie-esque this morning-
Who am I?

That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! To all my favorite blogging girls in Tulsa, I hope ya'll have an amazing, fun filled weekend, and I wish I could be there with ya :) Cheers to Blissdom!


Daily Motivator




16 comments:

  1. Awww you rock 25 much better:) Great 6 miler girl - doesn't it feel good when the big numbers are now "an easy 6 miler". LOL.

    Also I have those glasses too - love them. GOOD LUCK on the color run - I can't WAIT to see the pics. I am doing this run next year and NOT waiting to sign up until the last minute. AGH!

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in those pants girl! I know you feel healthier and I think you look healthier at 25 now too! Cheers to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I miss drunkareixia! I miss living in my apartment, feasting on Mac & Cheese, Ramen Noodles, and Arbor Mist (it was all we could afford) and being freaking TINY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to say I think you look better in those jeans now then before! Way to rock it and be an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!! Go you! I have a pair of goal "skinny pants" that I refused to throw out. Imma fit back in those jeans, dangit! You were cute in those jeans at 20 but, girl, you look FABULOUS in them now! You need to listen to a song by a girl named Toya called "I do". Whenever I was working out and I felt like I looked especially good I would listen to that song and let it be my theme jam for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! Wear the hell outta those pants!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the jeans! college was definitely the good old days :) but maybe wearing the jeans will bring back some memories! have a blast running the color run in NOLA - then drink a hurricane and get a beignet afterwards, you deserve it!

    i can't wait until i can say "i did an easy 6 mile run" - that's crazy talk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome does it feel to be able to put on those skinny pants again!! congrats!! BTW you look great as a blonde :) but brown suits you well too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! You seriously are killing it! And I too have a pair of "skinniest" pants that I can't wait to put on...good luck tomorrow~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting into your skinny jeans! That is a HUGE accomplishment. I did the Color Run last month in Nashville and it was so much fun! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so cute! I love that you got back into your skinny jeans. I agree with you that they look better now! You're really rockin it lady! :)

    I remember getting back into my pre-marriage/pregnancy jeans a few months ago, and it's a huge accomplishment. Now, being prego again, I'm pretty sure it won't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look incredible! You're doing such a great job - keep it up!!


    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the skinny pants! That is amazing, and you look beautiful!! Good luck on your color run tomorrow...sounds SUPER fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay to the skinny pants! I can't wait until that happens to me. You look gorgeous! The color run is on my bucket list for sure. Have a freakin' blast!

    Also is it dark in the evening when you run? I am finding that the hardest part with staying motivated to go out and move, because I get up in the dark and come home in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful post!!Your blog is so lovely! I'm thinking, if you want, we can follow each other! It would be great!!
    http://laborsadimarypoppins.blogspot.it/
    xoxo Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooove the drunkarexia. I totally suffered from that too......so miss college!

    ReplyDelete