Thursday, November 22, 2012

Give Thanks! It's a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are surrounded by your loved ones, stuffing your face, and thanking your lucky stars for this beautiful life you've been blessed with. In these times when there's so much to complain about, we have this day to ground us, to remind us what is really important.

I'm thankful for my Mom. I love you Mom. Thank you for always supporting me, for giving me so much more than I could have ever deserved, for loving me so unconditionally it's hard for me to wrap my brain around. I'm thankful for the work ethic you've instilled in me, for teaching me how important it is to stand on your own lady feet. Thank you for making me believe I really can accomplish anything I set my mind to. Thank you for forcing me to study, thank you for working so hard to make sure I got that college education. Thank you for not wanting to kill me when I drunkenly broke your beloved monkey lamp in college. I love you so much it hurts. Me and you chick, we can do it all.


I'm thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for his unwavering support in all of my crazy lady ventures. I'm thankful that he's making good on his promise to always love me, in good times and in bad. I'm thankful that he loves me and tells me I'm gorgeous no matter what the tag on the inside of my pants says. I am so thankful to have someone who genuinely gives a hoot if I had a good or bad day. Thank you for letting me hog the bed and use all the hot water. Thank you for letting me jam out to my girl music in the car. Thank you for not being pissed at me for putting up the Christmas tree on November 11th. Thank you for laughing at my bad jokes. I'm thankful for his giant heart and the way he cares about people, his desire to help everyone he comes across. I'm so happy we choose each other to walk with through life.  I love you muffin.


I'm thankful for family. The people who have to love you, even if you eat more than your share of the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving dinner. I am thankful for their love, laughter, and support. I'm thankful for the many places I can go and feel at home, because of you, I never have to feel alone. The family I was born into, the one I married into, and the friends I've chosen for myself to love like family. I'm so lucky to have such a solid support system.  I'm thankful for each and every one of you.

I'm thankful for my friends aka family. Thank you for always having my back, thank you for listening to me when I really need to vent, thank you for accepting me as I am without any expectations, thank you for showing up to help me move on a Saturday, thank you for not tagging embarrassing drunk pictures of me on Facebook, thank you for listening to my endless string of repeat stories like it's the first time you've ever heard it, thank you for calming me down when my Type A nerves are standing on end, thank you for genuinely caring what outfit I decide to wear after texting you 18 different options, thank you for not being upset when I then show up at your house and ask to borrow something of yours because I clearly have no options, thank you for endlessly listening to me cry when I HATED my body, when I felt so low I had no self esteem left, thank you for being so happy for me in my present success, thank you for loving and accepting me as I am. I hope I give back to you every bit of happiness you give to me. Thank you for being my friend.


I'm thankful for everyone who reads my little blog. I'm thankful for those of you who comment, who cheer me on, who share their stories, and have become my friends. I am so thankful to have come into contact with each and everyone of you. All of you put a smile on my face every single day. Thank you for believing in me when I don't always believe in myself. Thank you for cheering me on, thank you for supporting me, thank you, thank you, endlessly thank you.

I am most thankful for people. I really love all people. People who love me, people who don't like me (it's true, they're out there) people who support me, people who don't, people I'm related to, people I'm not related to, the people I've met, the people I've yet to meet, people in timbuckto, and people who live in my neighborhood. I'm thankful for all people. To me, that's what life is all about, people. Without all of those people, I don't have a thing. There's so much to learn and give to one another on this crazy little journey called life, and I thank my lucky stars for each and every day I'm able to get up and grab the day by the horns, that in itself is a blessing.

What are you most Thankful for?

 Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!

Daily Motivator
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love the line "who loves me no matter what the tag inside my pants says " you are truly blessed and I'm thankful to have found you and your blog! You've kept me motivated after I reached my goal so I don't back track and reach for bigger goals! Enjoy today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet :) i heart your blog!
    I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! You have a very blessed life, as do I - never take one day for granted, cherish every moment =)

    ReplyDelete