Thursday, November 15, 2012

Breakfast of Skinny Girl Champions

For awhile now, I've been scouring the interwebs for a quick easy breakfast that I can pre-prep for my jam packed busy mornings. As much as I love greek yogurt and protein bars, this girl loves a hot breakfast even more. I got hit up with some Pinspiration earlier this week. You can check out the pin I built these bad boys on here. Often I see ideas floating around Pinterest that include breaking out the muffin pan and somewhere along the way I got it stuck in my head that the muffin pan means laborious hours in the kitchen. This girl ain't a baker. I'm not the kind of girl who can spend hours whipping up a meal, if ain't quick and easy, I'm not interested. (Insert Punny Sexual Inuendo) That said, check out my breakfast this morning that took me one minute to heat up in the microwave. 70 Calories a piece. Winning!



Ingredients:
Egg beaters
1lb Jennie-O Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Cup of Chopped Spinach
Cup of chopped mushrooms
One Chopped Bell Pepper


Chop vegetables and brown turkey sausage




Spray muffin tin with Pam/ Non-Stick Equivalent and combine ingredients. I distributed the turkey sausage first, then the vegetables, and poured in the egg beaters. I didn't use a whole egg beater container, as I already had one that was opened, so just ignore my lonesome muffin tins sans egg beaters.


Bake at 350 for 25 Minutes and Voila



Allow the muffins to cool completely then scoop each one out with a spoon. I stored  two a piece in a Ziploc bag. Mr. Noel and I ate a few of the little ones last night. When the men are eating skinny food, you know it ain't sissy girl diet food! I'll make these again next week, and now I have hot breakfast prepared for the rest of the week, and all I have to do is heat them up for ONE minute. Patting myself on the back for this one. This whole project took me about 35 minutes. You can easily sub out ingredients for foods you prefer. I may try making this with turkey bacon or ham next.

Work Out Schedule/ Fighting the Cold Bug Update:
I decided to take out my two-a-day work outs this week. I skipped my morning work out on Tuesday because I was feeling under the weather, and I decided it would be best to do the same today. I haven't been feeling up to par and I do not want to over train. I will however, get in my evening run and Friday morning work out. I'm so looking forward to this weekend! Color Run Saturday morning. Will. not. be. sick.

Cheers to the freakin weekend....




Daily Motivator


19 comments:

  1. Hey there inspiration queen - WOAH these look amazing. I see these skinny egg mcmuffins in my future soon! Perfect for a hot breakfast on the go :)

    I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep chugging that airborne, it can be a lifesaver! Can't wait to see pictures of the color run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boyfriend and I have been talking about making these eggs forever, but haven't gotten around to it. This is definitely going on the list as a weekend project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious!

    How did people lose weight before Pinterest? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you thought of this because I am SO tired of egg whites and turkey bacon every. single. morning. This will be a nice change and easy too! I love easy mornings. If Mr. Noel approves, it has to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so yummy! I need to start making these and stop eating sugary stuff for breakfast. And you're going to have so much fun at the Color Run! We had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you right back! OMG! I have been looking for a healthy hot breakfast without having to spend $3 in the cafeteria every morning! I'm buying this stuff ASAP. (Minus tha mushrooms...yuck!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea! Girl - thank you for the inspiration. I think I'll make a batch of these this weekend, Tim will love them and I adore you! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I will be making these soon, I was just thinking I was tired of yogurt for b-fast. Cute scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds and looks DELISH!!!!!! Question you may not know (and it's ok if you don't, I will just pop the recipe into my fitness pal), do you know what the protein breakdown for each muffin is?

    Can't wait to make these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that looks like heaven and when you are down - taking some time off is KEY to get your body ready to go again - ummm - scarf? where? Love it. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. COme to my house and cook for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks delish! I had already seen this on Pinterest with just plain ole' eggs but adding all that extra yumminess is a great idea! Definitely gonna try this one...maybe with some avocado on top for no carb days! Keep it inspiring girl! You got my sister and I IN LOVE with no carb every other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks awesome!! I need to try this, I am pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh that looks delish!! i'm a vegetarian so i'd throw some veggie sausage in there and would be perfect. i'm really craving this now....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look fantastic! Must try soon!!
    Hope you're feeling better after some rest. We did a Color Run this summer and had so much fun! I hope you do too. :)
    I am "momshrinks" on MFP. I'll send ya a friend request.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those breakfast muffins look soooooo yummy! I love Pinterest...but somehow I never manage to actually MAKE anything I pin...I'm lame. HA. I hope you feel better soon pretty lady and are all ready for your run!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! Every time I see a post like this I figure I need to spend more time on Pinteret but I never seem to actually pinning things I'd make, just things that look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, that may be my new favorite quote. So fabulous. And basically I might as well go ahead and thank you for making my mornings a million times better. lol. I know exactly how you feel and this looks like the perfect solution. Obsessed. Thanks, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this recipe and it looks so easy! Definitely trying it this weekend so I can have a hot breakfast for the week. I love make ahead things that make mornings easier and faster! :)

    ReplyDelete