Friday, November 2, 2012

100th Post & Weekly Weigh In

WHOA! I can not believe I am 100 posts in on my Elle Noel adventure to document shedding my last 20. The blog has become so much more than I ever could have dreamed. It's become an intricate part of my every day life. While it started as a way to hold myself accountable, it's morphed into so much more than just self motivation. I never knew how much I would love reading your blogs, and I certainly never fathomed I would meet so many wonderful people out here in this world I didn't really know existed until I woke up one random morning in July and thought, "I got some shit to say!" Thank you to each and every one of you who read, give me feedback, and have become friends. I LOVE this new part of my life and all of you motivate more than you will ever know. Cheers to 100 more :)

I had a goal set to reach weight by November 1st, and I didn't do it. I've still got 8 pounds to lose, and that is OK with me :) I have lost 12 pounds since July and I've started running more than I could have ever imagined in my wildest dreams! All that said, I didn't lose this week, and that's ok. I have a feeling all the running is about to catch up to the scale. No less than 5 people have said to me in the last three days, "Are you still losing?!", "You look so much thinner!" so hey, I'll take it!

Last night was our last group run for 10k training with the race taking place Saturday, November 10th. I can. not. wait. It will be my very first 10k race. Last night we were supposed to put in a 5.5 mile run. Well we got off to a rough start. The pre-planned route was supposed to take us through an area of town hosting a weekly music festival and NO ONE wanted to go running around a bunch of people we know all dressed up, getting drunk, and having fun. So last minute reroute- we did the old 4.5 mile route and the plan was to tack on the extra 1 mile by adding in a loop we'd done before. I'm down for whatever just tell me what to do, let's run!

Side note- I've been trying to break in new shoes, and they've just got to go. Blister city all up on my footsies. Womp Womp. My toe was freaking bleeding, and I've got a mani pedi date with my mom tomorrow. that shit ain't gonna fly.

I had zero time expectations for myself this run. I just wanted to do the 5.5 under an hour, which I did do. We start off running and I goofed off for about half a mile, then both trainers and one other girl in the "fast group" and I started speeding around mile 1.3 We pounded out an 8:23 minute mile. Holy Canolies. Next thing I knew it was me and the two trainers way blasted ahead of the pack. We brought it down to a 9:30. Then around mile 2.6 I started feeling cocky (DUMB). I threw in a series of four sprints through mile 3.5 and my endurance was toasted. I had to bring my speed way down to 11:30. The trainers left me at mile 3 and I had the rest left to do on my own. I decided f the map, I'm doing my own thing. I was out there all by myself, I'm extremely familiar with the neighborhood so whatever. I just kept running. I was moving really slow but I kept pounding away. About mile 5, I was able to bring my mile back to a 10. When I finally made it back to the gym, I'd run 6.12 miles. I must say, it felt amazing, aside from the no less than FOUR blisters and the bleeding toe on my left foot, amazing. However, my body started to hurt when I stopped  running. Then the fatigue set into my knees and legs and oyee it didn't feel good. I felt weak and everything I own was hurting me. Kassie and I went to pick up a Greek chicken salad for dinner, and it took all my focus not to inhale the thing in my car. One salad and a hot bath later I was done. I took some Motrin and passed out by 9:30. I was so done I didn't even have energy to turn off the light before I fell asleep.

Lessons Learned- Eat more than 688 calories before setting out on a 6 mile night run, buy a new pair of shoes (f the motion control), run at your comfortable steady pace, and do NOT try throwing in sprints on a long run. I don't care how sweet Usher's voice sounds all up in you ear buds telling you what a badass sexy chick you are. Don't do it.


This morning Kate and I got in our Friday morning sweat date. I felt like myself again this morning. I'm not hurting and the blisters are not nearly as bad as they felt last night.

Work Out Summary:45 minutes on the elliptical trainer
20 Minutes Forward, 20 Minutes Backward, 5 minute blast it out combo
30 upside down bose ball squats with a shoulder press (10lb weights)
Two rounds of Ab Ripper


Daily Motivator

9 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing! I'm so proud of you and your running!! Woohoo for your 10k coming soon!
    You look amazing and your outfit is too cute!
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to let you know that because of your post yesterday I set up a new Pandora station. I already have 'Mo Money Mo Problems' for working out but now I have '1st of the Month' and I listened to it instead of my usual morning station today. I feel so hood, ha!

    Congrats on the mileage!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! random new person here :)
    You look SO good and I love your outfit! I went back and seen your halloween post,love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for 100!!! Congrats! LOVE that outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 100th post. AND I love that outfit - that color is great on you:) Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 100th!! You look soo great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, your hair is fabulous. GAH, I'm going to grow mine out now.

    Hey, what app do you use to record your runs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit. Come shopping with me and HELP Me! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit! I just bought by first pair of Loft skinnies last week and I love them!

    ReplyDelete