Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vlogging Challenge & Harnessing Boss Lady

Happy Wednesday Women (and a men?)! Huge thank you to all of you who have "liked" me on Facebook. 100 likes?? WOWZA, I'm feeling the love! Thank you :)

True Confession time- I took my work out down a notch last night, and I did NOT work out this morning. I'm going attend my weekly favorite Butts & Guts tonight, however I need to bring my exercise down a notch.

YAP, Boss Lady just said bring it down a notch. Last night around 8:30pm I was feeling like a Zombie. Dead. tired. Indicative of over training. Yes, you can do that. I've had this happen to me before and it's just no fun. If you're ever feeling exhausted, using every muscle in your body to put one foot in front of the other, and you're eating right/working out etc you may be over doing it. I'm going to listen to my body and back off the two-a-days for a week.

I slept in this morning. Oh all my gees it was so wonderful. I spent extra time on my hair and make up. I watched the news, I drank coffee, and I snuggled with my man. Oh how I love the sleeping!

Working out twice a day, with over training sluggies, makes it extremely difficult for me to accomplish every day tasks and recharge my boss lady batteries. I needed to get my car washed, make a protein bar run, go to the grocery, and do some laundry. Plus read all of your blogs, and catch up on guilty pleasures, like watching Gossip Girl on Netflix.

I missed the cardio portion of my regular evening work out because I wanted to wash my car,a clean car makes me feel like I really have my shit together, and I had to pass by my Momma house and show her some love, because she likes seeing my face ya know?!

Tuesday Evening Work Out Breakdown:

50 Jumping Jacks
10 Push Ups
15 Jump Squats
20 Tricep Dips
30 High Knees
30 Plank Wind Shield Wipers
10 Burpees
30 Side Lunges per side
30 Plank to Knees
Repeat

Live Lean Tabata Work Out (New Favorite)- Pinterest

Abs & Butt-
10 Reverse Ball Crunches
5 Oblique Roll Ups
Glute Lifts (20) per leg
15 Fire Hydrates per Leg
10 Forward & Backward Circles per leg
10 Low Plank Pulse
10 High Plank Pulse
10 Rolling Plank

Madeline and I only get one work out together a week, she's taking night classes at the University, there's no way I was missing out on some QT with my girl!


 Yesterday was also a non carb day per my promise to Kate, moral support for her dieting Challenge, and let's face it I've got to change things up to shed these stubborn 9.8 pounds clinging to my monster hips. Day one was a success, today I get to eat some carbs, so guess who is cooking skinny Mexican tonight?! Ole Ole Ole!

Since the vlogg was such a success, I'm going to take Holly up on another one of her suggestions, vlogging fitness. If you have any questions about any of the exercises I've been posting, write in a comment below, and I'll make a complete ass of myself demonstrating it for you on video. It may take a few days, because I'll need to drag someone along to film me while we kill ourselves laughing at my ridiculousness. No shame in my weight loss game!

I do some crazy things to keep myself motivated. For example- this has been taped to my bathroom mirror since March? Just another example of no shame in my weight loss game...


No full body pic today- ya'll have seen me wear these pants enough times already. I saw my girl Vicky Beckham wearing a skinny belt over a cardigan, so I'm trying it out, because I'm crazy. I grabbed this belt off of a top I already own. What do ya'll think ladies? Is this a yay or a nay? Maybe we should just leave this one to skinny minny Vicky...


Thank ya'll for letting me feel stylish for a few days :) Hope you're having a full on fabulous day!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator


10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for these workout vlogs! It's great that you were aware about doing too much! Listen to your bodaayy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I was going to write you an email but I will just suck it up and ask all these things in a comment. Ha! Here goes: what are side lunges? plank to knees? and pretty much all of the abs & butt? I am one of those people who does only cardio and I know I need to add in stuff like this. I have been stuck at this weight for a few months now and really want to kick this last 10 lbs off my body! Help! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read about your 9.8lbs and stalk you on MFP...have you considered eating more (at least netting 1200)? I ask because you might find that it falls right off if you feed your body a bit more energy so it's not storing (aka afraid of Boss style fat murder). What are your thoughts BMR, eating burned calories, and making sure you body is getting enough fuel to be a Boss Lady?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new reader, love your spunk and sense of humor! I would love to see a workout vlog, I am on a weight loss journey of my own and looking to add in some new things. Also, I think the skinny belt over cardigan looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for the workout vlog - I can't wait to watch it. I might even ask a few questions girlfriend. LOL.. AND I love your outfit - once again another Leigh Ann creation A+.

    Happy Hump Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited for the workout vlogs as well! Reading about how to do something usually doesn't work for me, so to see it will definitely help! Thanks lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! I want to know how to do a real squat... I never feel like I am doing it right... And let's see some ab workouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the mirror quote!! And I say yes to the skinny belt. I'm pumped for the workout VLOGS! I want to go to a workout class called buts and guts. :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' the skinny belt. I'm into the ones that add a punch of color :)
    I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now, and finally started my own bc yours and others have given me so much motivation. I'm deifnitely not where you are in the journey, but it's honest and it's a start! Check it out if you get a minute :) ftofandb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo - so pumped for your fitness vlogging series! I'd love to see demos of your reverse crunches on a ball, plyo lunges, and plank wind shield wipers. Those always have me scratching my head. Thank you! And you put Vicky to shame - keep rocking it, ladyfriend!

    ReplyDelete