Monday, October 15, 2012

To half or not to half, that is the question!

Good morning and Happy Monday! Huge thank you to everyone for the support yesterday after my big bad secret divulge. If I can drop 50 pounds, I can kick smoking's ass too.

Running Clinic Training week five.  If you're just tuning in, welcome! I'm so happy you're here :) I'm training for my first ever 10k race on November 11, 2012. I'm participating in a 9 week training program through my gym and home away from home Personally Fit. You can read all about my first run here.

I'm getting to a place where, dare I say it, I enjoy running. I've done two 5k races and kept up with our training schedule to a T. This week I won't have a complete rest day, this day is usually Sunday for me, because I did the bike ride. The bike ride was low impact, so I won't feel bad about this.

Completing the two 5ks feels like a major accomplishment. It's more 5ks than I've ever run in a year of my entire life. Oh wait- I used to walk 5ks, and now I'm running! Rephrase-The most 5ks I've run in my entire life.

Finished 2nd 5k right at 33:00. Forgot to stop my Ap :)

 My ultimate goal is to complete a 5k under 30, and I'm sure I'll get there one day. I was talking to a man on Saturday who was disappointed in his run. We were both disappointed in our times, mine due to wine, then he said to me, "I really wanted to run a 22 but I'll settle for a 24". Oh really?? I almost spit the water I was downing back out. I don't hide my emotions well. Did I mention he had margaritas the night before? Men make it look so easy. The only way I'd ever run a 24 minute 5k is if that guy ran with me on his back. Can a sista get a piggy back ride?

Another thing I'm discovering is that runners come in all different, shapes, sizes, and age ranges. Never judge a book by it's cover. This man I was talking to is easily old enough to be my Dad. More power to him, I hope he gets his 22 minute 5k this weekend!

Week 5 training and half way through 10k training, the race is November 11. I know I'll be ready, and I can't wait to run the race. Sunday, I found out the Personally Fit is doing half marathon training starting a week after the 10k race. I've had copious internal debate as of  late, over just how "serious" a runner I want to be. Nagging Negative Nacy keeps telling me I can't run 13.1 miles. I'm determined to shut her up.

I'm going to do the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans this February. I'm terrified, excited, nervous, eager, and feeling encouraged by all of you. I'm going to do it. Look out half, here I come!

October 15-21 Work Out Goals

Monday-
2 Mile Run
R.I.P.P.E.D. Class

Tuesday-
Two A day Cross Trainings

Wednesday-
Butts & Guts

Thursday-
4.5 mile Group Training Run

Friday-
AM Cross Training

Saturday-
3 Mile Run and Abs/Butt Work Out

Sunday-
Evening Run with Geaux Running group

I'm also doing a no carb every other day Challenge with my girl Kate. Today is a no carb day. Just to clarify, without getting to technical, which carbs I'm avoiding. I'm avoiding foods that are gluten heavy- ie the good stuff, pasta, bread, any bread products, flour, chips, popcorn, Luna Bars, etc. My Think Thins are still legal as they are gluten free. What I really like about the no carb every other day challenge, is that if I'm really craving something, I know I can have it the next day, so I don't feel deprived for long. Also, my no carb days have flip flopped this week so I can have carbs on running days- Hallelujah!

New week, and a great Monday!
Our "Fall" weather has disappeared. That's Louisiana for ya! I did some shopping this weekend, so look for an I wanna be a Fashionista post on that later this week, oh and you'll get to make fun of me when I post the exercise Vlogg! Lots of fun stuff coming up!

Running to work, in a super old sweater, I'd bet money it's from the Limited! Shocker!
Hope you have a fantastic and Happy Monday!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on signing up for your 1/2! A couple of my friends have signed up and I'm thinking of joining them, eek!

    P.s. green looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm doing the NOLA RNR too! its my first half. i'm scared to death! i put down a 3 hour finish time just to be safe! what about you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rock N' Roll Half is on my bucket list! You go girl and maybe one year I will join you! You have the power and you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rock N' Roll Dallas was AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING such a good race, you are going to have a BLAST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm too afraid to even think about signing up for a half! More power to you, Elle! So brave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was the man that ran it in 24 a Keyan?! You should be really proud of yourself... and I don't even think the half is a question for you at the point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, do it girl! You will rock it and imagine THAT runner's high?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE SUCH A BOSS LADY!! Love the success picture at the bottom of your blog!! It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMMGGGGG I totally wish I could run the Half with you in February. I have got to get to training so I can join in on these fun events!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an inspiration! I keep saying I want to run a 5k, I just need to get my butt out there & do it! I even have the C25K app on my phone, darn it! I'd love to do the Rock N Roll Half Marathon one day!!

    ReplyDelete