Friday, October 5, 2012

Running Clinic Week 3- The Big Four Miler

Good morning ya'll and happy Friday!

Last night was running clinic week 3 and we had our longest run to date- a big ole four miler. This is the longest distance I've ever run outside, and boy oh boy did I catch that runner's high.

My goal was to finish in under 45 minutes to stay on target for my 30 Day Challenge Goal- to finish the five miler in 50 minutes or under. That run is scheduled for October 25th.

I did really well in the beginning. My first mile was my fastest at around 9:20, then about mile two one of the trainers caught up to me and wanted to talk running tips and such which would have been fantastic if we weren't running uphill and I wasn't channeling all of boss lady powers into staying on pace. She left me at about 2.5 and my speed never recovered. I crossed mile three at 31 minutes, my first inclination was to kick up the pace, but I was running low on the boss lady gas.

Then as I was crossing 3.5 miles another girl from the group caught up with me, and I was able to pump it back up and we encouraged each other through the last half mile. This girl ran the whole four miles without music. CRAZINESS. It was nice to have someone to run with at the end, I must say. I literally started cheering when I turned my head and saw her pounding away towards me.

I completed by my goal with nearly two minutes to spare. 30 Day Challenge, my ass is coming for you!


In other boss lady business. I put in a work out this morning, and I will not be going back this afternoon. I want to get my nails done yo. Anywho, here I am post work out- trying to be Brooke Burke's hot younger sister


Work Out Summary-
45 Minutes Elliptical
20 Minutes Forward
20 Minutes Backward
5 Minutes Blast It Out Combo

Booty Work-
20 Glute Lifts with 2 Pulses (On the ground woop dog woop dog)
On Ball Glute Lifts with Pulse and Knee Bend Combo (20 each per leg)
20 Deep Squats
60 Second Wall Sit
20 Jacks & 10 Jack Squats
Abs-
20 Leg Lifts
15 Oblique V-Ups Right
20 Indian Style Crunch
15 Oblique V-Ups Left
20 Bicycle Crunches
10 Reverse Crunches on ball
7 Oblique Roll Ups per Side
Stretch it Out- Beatles- Here Comes the Sun
Switched it up for breakfast- Subway English muffin with ham, egg whites, one slice of American cheese, onion and bell pepper for a whopping 170 calorie. Happy Friday to me!

Weekly weigh in- I lost zero pounds this week. Not even a tenth of a pound. Still got 9.8 to go, and that's completely fine with me. I'm feeling great and that's what matters the most.

Be sure and head over to wish Melanie at 4KOTTEZ Runs It good luck on her half marathon run Sunday! You go Boss Lady!!

It's Ragin Cajun Homecoming time, tailgating and game tomorrow. Gotta Represent my Cajuns today!


Have a great weekend ya'll, you'll hear from me again Sunday!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Awww you are too sweet. Thank you for remembering little ole me.. HA.. I start my weigh in next Wednesday and the thought it makes me want to take a club to my bathroom - but I WILL be doing it. Ugh..

    Have a great weekend and go get those nails did girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um you look amazing! Skinny minny! Way to go on the run despite getting bombarded, I mean distracted. You are doing an awesome job and I am so glad we're in this together now. I am going get a pedicure tonight too, I think I deserve it after all this running and my toes are looking some kinda awful. See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! You are kicking ass and taking names :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the scarf! You always have cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to teach me how to work out...and I can help you with running! :)

    ReplyDelete