Friday, October 26, 2012

Liebster Award aka Get to Know Me Post!

Special thanks to Rebecca at Poisoned Perception for nominating me in this little game of blogger tag. It's basically an excuse to talk about yourself a little more in depth than a normal post, and gives insight into the blogger! I was never good at tag, so I probably won't follow all of the rules to a Tee. Don't be mad ya'll!

So here are the rules:

- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.
- These lucky bloggers must be told.
- There are NO TAG BACKS
  1. My First name is Leigh and my Middle name is Ann. Not so coincidentally, my parents' middle Names are Lee and Ann. This makes me the favorite child
  2. Oh wait... I'm the only child
  3. I rely heavily on my friend Kate to tell me what's in style, I'm campaigning for her to start a Style Blog
  4. My husband hates how much I love Pinterest
  5. I'm  unnaturally excited to participate in Kassie's Blogger Swag Swap
  6. My favorite air freshener for my ride is Yankee Smith's Clean Cotton
  7. I'm always planning a trip to the beach
  8. I love my cat Tuesday as if she were my child, the highlight of my day was our cuddle session at lunch
  9. On average, random people comment on my height 10 times a day (I'm 5 foot 12)
  10. I've already added  Michael Buble's Christmas Album into my daily listening.
  11. I'd rather be at the gym
11 Questions from Rebecca

1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?

Elephant. I'm a gentle giant, however, I'm unafraid to stand up for myself or to protect what's mine.

2. What is your favorite healthy version of an unhealthy meal?

Weight Watchers Bubble Up Enchiladas

3. Think back to when you were a kid. What is your favorite memory?

Every Christmas Eve my Paw Paw would sneak away from the family, dress up like Santa Clause, knock on the front door, and put on a full Santa Clause act complete with a sack full of random toys and photo session with his gand babies. He would flawlessly answer all of our questions as quickly as we could fire them off, such as: Where are the reindeer? What's your favorite cookie? (He would always answer with whatever he knew had been baked- insert squeely little kid excitment)  Are you sure Paw Paw won't be upset that you just kissed Maw Maw? Am I on the nice list, I was super good this year. Do the elves know how great I look in pink??

He did this every year until he past away. A member of the family tells a Paw Paw Santa Clause story every year and to me, it never gets old. I miss him terribly

4. Most embarrassing moment. Or at least one that's pretty high up there.

Oh lawd-day. I love embarassing myself. I can't pick one, too many embarassing things happen when I'm wearing my wastey pants.

5. Favorite TV show(s)?

Today right now it's Gossip Girl

6. Explain one of your major goals in life. What, why, how, the works.

Major life goal-
What? To have my very own little chicklet
Why? The tall lady genes must be passed on
How? First I have to get pregnant
The Works? Well this is awkward....

 7. Favorite room in your house?

The back patio, my husband and I have our best talks out there

8. Would you ever go bungee jumping or sky diving?

No way jose! But I'll stand at the bottom and hold your personal effects and take pictures

9. What what the first thing you thought about this morning?

Must. get. up. and. work. out.

10. Most preferred form of exercise?

Cardio aholic. I do not discriminate.

11. If you were a pirate, what would your name be? (Or some other fact about alternate universe pirate you)

My name would be Slutty Sally, because women don't belong on pirate ships. Arrggghhhh!

My 11 Questions to Pass On:
1. How did your parents choose your name?

2. What City/Place has been your favorite travel destination?

3. If you could have dinner with any person ALIVE who would it be and where would you go?

4. We're going out for cocktails, what's your drink of choice and song that makes you want to bust out the party girl moves?

5. Who is your biggest celebrity crush today right now?

6. Rewind 10 years, now who was your biggest celebrity crush?

7.  Dream Vacation- Who, What, Where?

8.  Favorite Movie and Why?

9. Your car breaks down, who do you call first? Why?

10. Movie you are most looking forward to see this winter?

11. Favorite Holiday and Why?


I picked three of my favorite bloggers to nominate- TAG you're it :)

Laura at Serrano Style
Kate at Widgeon Nest
Emily at Here Come the Jesters



 

No comments:

Post a Comment