Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It isn't Always Easy- Snooze Strife

BAM BAM BAM BAM!! Goes the alarm.

Oh all my gees, I drug ass out of bed this morning.

Internal debate over whether or not to fulfill two-a-day Tuesday:

"I'm going to do that beast of treadmill work out this afternoon, I can totally sleep in"- Lazy Daisy
"Shut up you lazy slut and get out of bed"- Bossy Betty
"It's already 5:00am, you've already overslept, just go back to sleep"- Lazy Daisy
"You have plenty of time to get dressed and work out, now get up!!!" Bossy Betty
"mmm it's so cozy"- Lazy Daisy
"GET UP!" - Bossy Betty
BAM BAM BAM- Snooze
"Get up or turn that shit off"- Husband

Use one leg to kick the other off the edge of the bed. Stumble around cursing my fit life, get dressed and get it done. I had to reach way deep down in my please let me wake up a hot sexy super model bag this morning to put in my work out. Good thing I did, because Victoria Secret is already sending me kindly reminders that swim season 2013 will be here before I can bang-a-lang snooze ten times fast.


They need to keep that shit to a minimum until after Christmas. Seriously. I can't spend my entire year thinking about summer. That's stressful y'all.

Tuesday AM Sweat Session:50 Minutes Elliptical Trainer
20 Minutes Forward
25 Minutes Backward
5 Minutes Blast it Out Combo

10 Minute Abs-
20 Reverse Crunchs
10 Obliques Roll Ups (5 per Side)
30 Ball Crunchs
30 Opposite Elbow to Knee Crunch on Ball
10 Situps with 10lb weight
25 Russian Twists with 10lb weight
30 Second Low Plank
30 Second High Plank

 I usually don't dread the am cardio blast, but this morning my heart was not in it. Why was I so tired? I stayed up until midnight watching Gossip Girl. I don't know how I missed this show for the past 6 years, but I can not get enough. I'm half way through season 2, and thanks to Netfilx, I can watch these episodes on continuous repeat until I catch up to speed on the last and final season six!

Coincidentally, my husband does not share my Gossip Girl obsession. In fact, he thinks it's ridiculous that I'm "killing brain cells" to watch "that girl garbage". I find his irritation oddly amusing and am now using XOXO (Gossip Girl) in everyday conversation as a noun, verb and adjective. Don't feel bad for him, he's been talking like The League's Bobumman for a week, he deserves the payback. XOXO Examples:
"How was your day my little XOXO?!"
"Oh babay I'm gonna XOXO all over you!"
"What do you think of this outfit? Is it sooo XOXO??"

Oh and never underestimate the irration value of the random "Gossip Girl" whisper. If you don't watch this show, you have no idea what I'm talking about, and I probably just reaffirmed your belief that I'm a crazy lady. Log into your Netflix account and get busy watching. I extend to you my sincerest apologies if you don't get any sleep this week, start talking in XOXO, and can't part with your remote. It's an addiction.

Even my lunch breaks are looking like this:


I did my assigned Gym Rat thang last night, 2 mile run and R.I.P.P.E.D. which was a whole bunch of new moves/songs as we're now up to season 10. The chest and back section was KILLER, I'm feeling it today in that awesome I'm becoming a stronger smaller version of me kind of way. I also found out that R.I.P.P.E.D. will be taught in lieu of Butts and Guts on Wednesday this week. Holler! I'm always down to change it up.

Our Ragin Cajun's play a home game tonight, we aren't going to the game, I refuse to disrupt my weekly work outs, but we will be watching from home! True to form, I wove those Cajuns colors into my outfit this morning!


Wishing you a full on fabulous day :) Kick those don't wants to the curb!

XOXO ..... Boss Lady!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
 
Daily Motivator
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Glad Boss lady won!!! YAY!! Man I was addicted to GG for a long time and Eric loved it too - you know him and girly shoes:) Now.. I haven't seen an episode in about 2 years. Ugh.. I need to get back on it. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you feel better now that you worked out! I don't even want to think about swimsuits - eek! Love some GG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GG is one of my favorites! I have watched it from the very beginning. Blake Lively is my workout inspiration! My husband doesn't watch it with me but he will say, "XOXO- Gossip Girl" when he sees it on the television. Haha!

    I had to giggle at your conversation with yourself this morning. If I hit the snooze more than twice I get that same response from my husband!

    Have a fantastic Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me?!!? Gossip Girl is like trashy magazines, but better because it has sound :) Super cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we all need to be bossy to our lazy selves, right? :) You're awesome with all that working out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having that argument in my head WAY too often lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep that Victoria's Secret email! Motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I downloaded the Netflix app on my phone, just so I could catch up on last season's episodes of Grey's Anatomy... and I ONLY allow myself to watch them while on the elliptical machine! Just a thought so that you can mesh your Lazy Daisy and Bossy Betty and make them both happy. ;)

    I bargain with myself and the alarm snooze all the time. I hate that shit. I can't remember the last time I was able sleep in without being woke up by my alarm or child. Is it wrong that all I want for Christmas is a hotel room to myself just so I can sleep as much as I want without the guilt trip?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOL at Bossy Betty's comment about being a lazy slut! HAHAHA

    I'm just going to be copying off of you until Thanksgiving... I want to see 135 so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! The Lazy Daisy and Bossy Betty is the same fight I have in my head every. single. morning.

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete