Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cajun Homecoming, TBT, & Muscle vs Fat

This week our town is celebrating the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's homecoming.

You will hear the Ragin of the Cajun's, so let out a yell! Aiiyyyeeee!!!!!!

The University, this city, and everything they represent are ingrained to the very core of who I am.

My parents are both Alumni and met when they were students. I met my husband in my second semester of school and we dated for the entirety of my academic career, and I've lived my entire 25 years of life in this town I'm proud to call my home.

As a student, I spent many a Saturday tailgating, drinking countless draft beers, doing a keg stand or two (sorry Mom!), just itching to win at something- the chick who wins at beer pong is always the hottest IDK why? I never won- and watching the boys work hard over that old smokey.

Then all the girls would do the, oh I can only have one hot wing that sodium will just make me bloat right on up- meanwhile yours truly ate fifteen hot wings swimming in ranch and downed all the Michelob she could get her hands on- HOORAH! I won at something all right. The junior-senior 15 61. You can read all about that here.

Here's two of me with my Mr. Noel tailgating and of course graduation! Can't believe it's already been three years since I graduated...



He's so happy- YAY she can get a real job and buy her own cosmos! I kid, I kid (kinda)

and my Throwback Thursday Instagram pick...

Cajun Pre-K Uniform
You an me goin fishin in da dark!

It's week 3 of running clinic- 10K training- and tonight's run is a 4 miler. My goal is to finish in under 45 minutes. GULP. I can do it.

I'm super excited about my outfit today. The skirt I'm wearing I wore ONE time, the last time I was skinny, we'll just call that phase drunkarexia because I was NOT healthy. No working out, little eating, lots of drinking and cigarette smoking. Typical 20 year old college behavior. Anywho, this skirt fit for all of five minutes before I started gaining weight- right after this picture was taken at my dear friend's 21st birthday dinner.

What I find really interesting about these two pictures, is that I weighed roughly 15 pounds less than I do now, but I'm wearing all of the same cloths. Proof the muscle does weigh more than fat and the scale is not the only way to measure your success.

20 year old Elle Noel in drunkarexia phase with my dear friend on her 21st Birthday, who is a total beauty queen. She always. looks. gorgeous. Always!  She also one of the nicest girls you will ever meet and fit for life guru herself. This who I ran into for Pitbull's Birthday and cornered into talking to me for an hour, haha! Love you gf!

     
Present Day Elle Noel- 15 pounds heavier and 5 years older.


Eating healthy and working out looks way better than drunkarexia if ya ask me!

If you want to see lots of other chunky Elle Noel pictures and Post-Shedding pics be sure and read my Former Fatty Page and like me on Facebook where I post lots of other fun boss lady motivational stuff!

Wishing you a super fantastic, totally rad, and cheese ball great day!

Find me on Facebook, Beachbody, Pinterest, Instagram @ellenoelfitness, and My Fitness Pal!
Daily Motivator
 
 


8 comments:

  1. You are AHmazing girl - I swear you rock my boots off. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine my suprise when I scrolled down and saw my face in hot pink skinny mini fabulousness! LOL! I made the blog! WHOOP WHOOP! :-) Weird cause I was just looking at pics from this night not too long ago. Drunkarexia must have been the diet of choice at this time in our lives. And I wore that dress ONCE too. I'm pretty sure I was busting out of it by the time I ate my weight in birthday sushi and cocktails! Love you ma'am. You're fab, gorgeous and SUPER inspirational!
    -KW

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic in that skirt lady! Fit and healthy look stunning on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! The hard work you put into it just makes it that much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, you look great in that outfit! Hopefully we can say hello during tailgating this weekend. Not sure what time we'll be out there but I'll text you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I be you when I grow up? You look HOT...not that you didn't in the first picture, but yeah, you're right...healthy and fit is SO much better! So inspirational! I got in my cardio on the elliptical this morning and will probably go for a walk tonight...already feeling better! WHat a difference it makes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy is better than drunkaerxia... for sure! You look amazing, Leigh Ann. And I didn't know you were a Poli Sci major until I saw your FB. I was a Poli Sci major as well.... I'm not using it, but I still like to act like I know everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. healthy is MUCH better than drunkarexia...and i think you look even more amazing now!
    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete