Friday, September 28, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In, Running, Staying Positive

It's Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday!!!!! Oh happy dance!!

Running Recap- Disclaimer this does not exude Positive Patty "the world runs on sunshine and daisies"

Running Clinic Week 2-

My run was faster than week one, but it wasn't as liberating, empowering, I am woman here me roar as last week. Don't get me wrong, it felt great afterwards, but I wasn't on Runner's High. Can't strike magic every week, and that's ok too.

Mile 3-3.5 was painful. I had to coach myself out of stopping, because I knew if I started walking, I wouldn't pick my feet back up again and really run. While I never stopped running, Negative Nancy was all up in my kool aid bro.

What I was thinking from mile 3- 3.5

UGH I want to QUIT, My side hurts, my legs hurt, why did I sign up for this?
Shut up Negative Nancy-Stay Positive!!!
Think about how good you're going to feel when you're done
Of course this is painful- you're beating up fat!
If it were easy everyone would do it
Don't stop, don't stop, don't stop, don't stop
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
How am I ever going to run four or six miles
Fack this shit sucks!
I can't do this, I can't do this
Stop being negative, keep pushing
Positive thoughts bring positive actions
Positive Positive Positive
You can do this- you ARE doing this

and just when I thought I had no more to give- or coach myself into giving

I saw the finish line, a killer song kicked in, T-Pain's Look at her Go,

and I hauled my ass to that 3.5 mile mark.


Phew it was a rough one. I got back to the gym and put in some abs and stretching while talking with the group about our individual running experiences. Every time I run, there's different emotions attached to it.

I know I'll be able to run the full 10K, it's only week two, and I am doing really well. Negative thoughts are so toxic, and we all have trouble shutting them down at times. Thankfully, I was able to shove the negative in a drawer and slam it shut. Your mind will always give out before your body will- constantly reminding myself of this.
Music keeps me going. Keeps me picking up my big lady feet and pounding the pavement. One beat at a time. Kick ass music- you feed my boss lady soul.

New play list for my run last night, and I worked out to it again this morning.
I'm loving it- press shuffle and get to sweating!

Watch n' Learn- Rihanna
Roc Me Out- Rihanna
We All Want Love- Rihanna
Birthday Cake- Rihanna
Dance Again (feat Pitbull)- Jennifer Lopez
Danza Kuduro- Don Omar
T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)- will.i.am
As Long As You Love Me- Justin Bieber
Look At Her Go (feat Chris Brown)- T-Pain
Talk That Talk (feat. Jay-Z) - Rihanna
More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix)- Usher
Super Bass- Nicki Minaj
Miracle- Matisyahu
One More Night- Maroon 5
Vegas Girl- Conor Maynard
Hello- Karmin
I Cry- Flo Rida
The Impression That I Got- 20th Century Masters
Pound the Alarm- Nicki Minaj
Bangarang (fest Sirah)- Skrillex
E.T. (feat Kanye West)- Katy Perry
Who Says- Selena Gomez

Friday Am Work Out Summary-
45 Minutes Elliptical
20 Minutes Forward
20 Minutes Backward
5 Minutes Blast it Out Combo
Pinterest Fav- Burning Core Pryamid
Stretching Song- Back Down South- Kings of Leon

Insert blurry shameless gym self shot-


I'm down .2 pounds this week. Do I wish it were more? Oh hell ya, but...slow and steady wins the race.
Stay Positive, Stay Patient, Stay Persistent.
If I do these things, I can not fail! 9.8 pounds to goal!

I've got a fun weekend planned out- one that starts out shopping with my Mom! Moms are the best, especially mine. Yes, yes, yes,I realize I may be biased, but really, she rocks!

Wild crazy day again... started off my Friday on the run.

Breakfast-


....and no daily outfit pic. Sowwys!

Here's a pic of me though, I know you want one...

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!!!!



Finally Friday, I'm Free Again, I got my motor running for a wild weekend!
Hit it outta the park Boss Ladies! Woop de Woop!

 
Daily Motivator
 


4 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than an "off" day, but atleast we are doing it! I try to tell myself that when I'm at the end of the pack..yeah, I'm slow, but atleast I'm doing it! And you're doing it super fast, so be proud of yourself! Everyone in the group is in awe of you I think, you gazelle running fool! (coming from speed walking mall granny over here)

    I can't wait to see how much we've progressed over the nine weeks, especially you. I think you need to shoot for a half marathon next, no lie! I will be on the sidelines screaming "that girl is on fiyaaaaa" if you do, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9.8 pounds has nothing on you. You are a machine, lady. I need to step up my game. I told Kassie that I need on this running train with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your internal dialogue and at mile 3 mine sounds like that too! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear,
    Maybe you would like to follow each others blogs with blogger and bloglovin?

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/wolffashion/369430966451649

    Have a nice day,
    gV

    ReplyDelete