Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Shake shake shake that Shakeology!

Good morning! Today probably feels like a Monday for most of you. I know it does for me, it's already shaping up to be a wild crazy outta control day! Traffic was re-donc-u-lous this morning, like everyone in town hit that snooze button an extra two times before dragging ass outta bed. Breakfast on the go-


My husband and I are both getting sick. Womp Womp. I'm doing everything in my power to prevent a full blown cold for either one of us, and that means bringing the exercise down a notch. Exercising with a cold = recipe for full blown upper respiratory disaster. I ain't got time to be in bed surrounded by tissue with a red nose, and drowning in chicken noodle soup.  Drinking tons of water today and taking an over the counter medicine. Fingers crossed, I've had our whole upcoming weekend planned out for over a month! Between work, the gym, and a busy social life there just ain't no time to be sick! Ick!

Anywho, it feels like a great day to talk about lunch. It's a meal that can be a problem for a lot of people. Lunch in the office is usually social, which means lots of opportunity for bad choices. Maybe you're on the road for lunch every day, or you have to bring lunch with you to work/school which ever the case, it's a meal that needs a plan. I started using a meal replacement shake at the beginning of this year. I was eating a Lean Cousine (Sodium/ Processed food City) or Subway every day for lunch, and I was often left feeling hungry very shortly afterwards. I was also getting frustrated with the scale, it really felt like there was nothing I could do to get them nasty numbers rolling down! I kept hearing all kinds of fabulous stuff about meal replacement shakes, but had trouble determining which to pick, and I was extremely suspicious that people drinking shakes were inwardly starving but just preaching, "Oh drink this! It's awesome! I'm so full! Do I look thinner today?", talking loudly to cover up a rumbling stomach. 

I started off making a Green Monster smoothie for lunch. I really love the Green Monster, however it was requiring a lot of prep work from me. I was spending one or two evenings a week at the grocery store, speciality runs for the Green Monster, and then another hour chopping and sorting fruit to freeze. It's a good place to start though, if you're interesting in introducing a meal replacement into your life.  This is the recipe I follow, however the fruit can easily be subbed out to include what you have on hand: peaches, strawberries, blueberries, honey dew, etc. The most important aspect is that the fruit is frozen! FYI- While this is super delicious when cold, drink this thing fast because when it gets room temperature you won't be able to force feed this to yourself. Yelch! Just talking about the taste makes me gag.(TMI, I'm sorry )

Green Monster
1/2 Cup Pineapple (Chopped & Frozen)
1/2 Cup Mango (Chopped & Frozen)
Half a Banana (Chopped & Frozen)
Handful of Spinach
Half Cup of Skim Milk
Two Truvia Packets

This went on for several months, me and the Green Monster. Shopping, chopping, freezing, shopping chopping, freezing, Super time consuming. I first heard about Shakeoloy from a friend.  I was hesitant with Shakeology for two reasons, one was the cost, and secondly I was concerned it wouldn't fill me up as one scoop = 150 calories.  Shakeology averages $4 per shake without additives (Peanut Butter, Fruit, Milk). I use this as a complete meal replacement, so I do bulk my shake up with "extras". I ordered the Chocolate flavor and was instantly hooked. I recently branched out to the Tropical Strawberry, both are excellent.


A meal replacement shake has worked wonders for me and has been essential in my success. I highly recommend Shakeology to anyone at any stage in the weight loss/ get fit game. Shaekology is jammed slammed with nutrients and protein the body craves daily. It gives me the massive amounts of energy required for powering down two intense daily boss lady work outs. A lot of people use Shakeology as a post work out replenishment drink. I've also done the 3-day Shakeology cleanse. You can read about that here. If you're at all interested in Shakeology but have some questions, please feel free to ask! If you are hesitant to commit to something like Shakeology, I would start off making your own shakes (Green Monster- Pinterest has TONS of shake recipes) and seeing how well a meal replacement fits your life and your schedule! Obviously, Shakeology fits quite easily into my crazy on the go life. Last week's lunch on the run!


Great, now I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to put in my shake at lunch. Is it snack time yet?
Oh Monday, I mean Tuesday, please be kind!

Here I am running out of the door this morning. Late Late Late!



I hope your day is totally bad ass, just like you!! :)



2 comments:

  1. Your comment about traffic made me laugh. I was one of those people who hit snooze twice, left home late, then complained my whole way to work because of traffic!

    Also, anytime I feel sick I take a pack of Emergen-C and I feel 100% better within 20 minutes. The stuff is magic!

    P.S. Go check out my new blog design. This one doesn't give me a headache lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Emergen-C and Air Born products however my head is so blocked up I forgot about both! lol Thanks for the reminder! LOVING your new lay out!!

      Delete